World Rally Proxy 2019

Ontheflipside

Hi All,

While waiting for the official rules to be posted - would be safe to start preparing to these basics:

Standard everything except guide, braid and weight. Spec MJK rear tyres. Clearances and blueprinting of components within sensible tolerances.....

And a healthy dose of a sense of adventure.....

Cheers,

Tony.

There's only two questions:

1. What direction do you go

2. What's the Lap Record?

I managed to get some time today to do some development to try and get the other 3 cars more to perform closer to the RS200.

First up I cut the bottom off the interior tray of the Lancia,the idea was to make a clip in vac formed interior.

The standard interior is around 19 grams,this sectioned one is just on 9 grams.

b_222200.jpg

With this interior fitted to my last years Lancia the lap times dropped from 10.7 down to 10.4s with a best of 10.38.on Shelmore Rally track.

This compares very well with the kids winning RS200 that best lap was 10.34.I now think the Lancia may need a little more weight.

I also did the Audi interior.

b_223300.jpg

While the weight saving was very similar the feel of the car was much better,the lasp times dropped from 10.84 down to 10.46,still needs a bit more work BUT the car feels much better and easier to drive.

This also could probably do with a bit more weight.

Based on this short testing afternoon IMO this would be a good way to try and close up the field by ONLY allowing these mods to the 3 cars and leaving the RS 200 as is.

It also would be easy for every one to do with out resorting to vac formed interiors.

Once I get a Metro I will do the same.

If anyone else like me is coming to the proxy without having done it before and can't find a B-Nova guide, Andi Rowland from Policar has a simple solution on his Shapeways page. This little cup simply slots inside the original collar to make it the right size for Slot.It/Scaleauto etc. and it's got a nice robust mount on the bottom. Just add superglue.

33240324968_3b2ed0cf39_b.jpg

Not completely thrilled by my handiwork on the paint job so far. But given the fight that it put up I can live with it. The decals are a bit poor for a full-on replica so I'm happy to put whatever WRP number panels on that might be made. It's not a replica of a 1:1 car, more of a Proxy special!

47115661941_4bf051882a_b.jpg

Will be good to know how much of a chop can we make on the interior bucket!

Replying to Phil about vac interiors , if they come in for 2019 all cars should be entitled to use them and here's the reason why.

If you look at the 2018 results race by race you can see the Lancia was right up there ahead of the RS, and the Metro and Audi were competative on some tracks with some good results , in fact after the first 4 rounds i thought overall the car to have would be the Lancia.

The first 3 cars were all RS200's why ?, well these cars were the class of the field in 2018 consistantly in the top ten and got better with the wear and tear of the season, other cars including the remainder of the RS runners were just not as good as the series went on .

If you look at the overall results apart from the top 3 the rest of us were left for dead , so now the idea is to penalise all us RS runners with basically running more top weight even those who finished down in 16th and 17th place, i don't think that is fair , we either all run the original interior , or we all run vac one's. :)

Rules changes

For two years I got questioned about my cars

Now the rules are getting changed....Don’t agree with what Phil has done..... but that’s just my 2cent worth ....

Standard is standard if that was the rule, how can you start changing interiors beats me ....I feel you Keith I’m going to follow this proxy with great interest especially the Tasmania stages !!!

Ow and a new car entered WOW

Edited by GAS41T

I was asked for suggestions to try and even up the field and that is what I am testing and trying to get some ideas,at this time they are only ideas and suggestions.

I’m my opinion the RS is the class of the field with the Lancia a bit behind,the Audi and Metro need to be given some leeway to try and make them a bit more competitive.

As for Standard is Standard Ross your car last year had different front wheels for what ever reason so was not standard!

If anyone else has some suggestions on how to even up the cars feel free to come forth with some ideas.

Calm down gentleman , all i was stating is the obvious , and you also have to take into account car prep some do it better than others , which happens in all sorts of racing.

The field in 2018 consisted of 9 Ford RS 200's of which 5 were in the top ten, there were 5 Lancias of which 4 were in the top ten , so on my calculations the Lancia had a better series as a group of cars with only 1 car not in the top 10, the RS didn't do so well percentage wise as 4 were not in the top ten, my point was to exclude just the RS from a modification like a lightweight interior is not right when the Lancia is not judged in the same way .

The Metro is a difficult car to drive anyway due to the size of it and i think Branco managed a 2nd spot in one of the races with his one , my RS never got a top 3 finish in the whole series , so in that race his car was better than mine suited the track better obviously.

The Audi has the other problem it,s a little bit to big and does not bounce of the scenery as well, fitting mods to that car would probably be a waste of time as it still would not like hitting the scenery .

When you have a series basically limited to only 4 types of cars it is what it is i,m afraid , some cars will go better on some tracks than others , and with the preperation of cars counting as well the cream normally rise to the top by the end of any series.

Phil mentioned suggestions on making a even field , with only 4 types of cars it will never happen as the cars are so differant , Rossko suffered a broken wheel on his RS i had the same in testing as others have also mentioned , so are we thinking about alloy wheels, but hold on you will have to replace the rear and front axle and gear, which is really not on.

So my thoughts are leave it alone for 2019 and we will have to either run in the WRP or decide not to if that's the way some feel, and at the end of the current series sort all this out perhaps with a more open rally car like the OZ used to be .

so this year im 99 if ok.

You don't look a day over 80!!!

2019 NZ RTR Nationals Gt 3rd

2017 NZ RTR Nationals NSR Classic 2nd

2017 NZ RTR Nationals Group C 3rd

2017 NSR Classic Challenge 3rd

2015 NSR Classic Challenge 2nd

2014 NSR Classic Challenge 3rd

2015 Garden City Invitation Overall Champion

Hi Ontheflipside/Mel and Phil.

Sorry for late comment but I am on holiday on Mainland.

As one of the two Metro entries as far as I am aware I have no problem with the rules staying as is. Cannot speak for BRANCO but I chose the Metro because it appeared to be the least competitive. I could easily have entered a Ford RS200 which this whole series was based on (from my OZ Rally car) but I chose not to. I am still happy with that decision.

Over the last two years I have won one round and came second once last year so I am happy to keep trying. One needs a challenge. I have noticed at home the motor in my car is very average. That is the luck of the draw.

Please let us settle the rules as time is getting on.

Regards Chas Le Breton (charlesx)

• 2 weeks later...

2019 rules have been posted

http://www.auslot.com/forums/index.php?/topic/20693-world-rally-proxy-2019/

Hopefully I haven't missed anything or made any mistakes. I'm open to corrections.

We are considering some modifications to a few Metros, Quattro's and Lancia's as Prototypes only and they will have no affect on points with other cars.

More information on this tomorrow

I can't believe that I wanted to grow up

Mount Salt Panorama Track Combined Road and Rally Track built near Salt Pan Creek Padstow - Sydney

A quick build rally track

2017 WRP Round 11 at Mt Salt Panorama

https://i128.photobu...zpss7sqiwfj.jpg

Mount Salt Panorama Track Combined Road and Rally Track built near Salt Pan Creek Padstow - Sydney

Update of entrants

Not sure if all is correct - please advise if not :wacko:

2019%20Entry%20Updates_zpsut2uxwyn.jpg