171 replies to this topic

#41 slotcarmann

Kart Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 456 posts

Posted 03 February 2019 - 09:41 AM

Hi guys

Barbs' car has been lightly serviced and is running OK again since I've tightened the screws up a bit, from where they were when it arrived back.

My car is running OK-ish but still too tippy, so I have a bit of work to do on that in the next week or two.

Do we have a potential start date yet?

My messages on this forum do not currently work for some reason, so e-mail is best at the moment.

Cheers
Dave

#42 Ontheflipside

IQ test result - Negative :)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,708 posts

Posted 04 February 2019 - 08:14 AM

View Postslotcarmann, on 03 February 2019 - 09:41 AM, said:

Hi guys

Barbs' car has been lightly serviced and is running OK again since I've tightened the screws up a bit, from where they were when it arrived back.

My car is running OK-ish but still too tippy, so I have a bit of work to do on that in the next week or two.

Do we have a potential start date yet?

My messages on this forum do not currently work for some reason, so e-mail is best at the moment.

Cheers
Dave

Working towards last years Deadlines:
ie:
Registration/expression of interest: 28th February 2018
Entry fee Due: 16th March 2018
Ship-out date (no later than): 29th March 2018 (Air mail postage date)
Receiving date for 1st event: 13th April 2018
First Round starting date: 21st April 2018 (approx)
Payment not due until the 16th March 2018,
Naturally 2019 dates will be slightly different.

Still some hiccups to sort out :unsure:

Edited by Ontheflipside, 04 February 2019 - 08:15 AM.

I can't believe that I wanted to grow up

Mount Salt Panorama Track Combined Road and Rally Track built near Salt Pan Creek Padstow - Sydney

A quick build rally track

2017 WRP Round 11 at Mt Salt Panorama

https://i128.photobu...zpss7sqiwfj.jpg

#43 charlesx

V8 Supercar Driver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,625 posts

Posted 04 February 2019 - 05:04 PM

Hi Ontheflipside/Mel.

I would have thought those dates unobtainable this year. We do not know rules yet or what tyres are to be used so later in year perhaps with event continuing into 2020.

Regards Chas Le Breton

#44 kalbfellp

Formula 1 Driver

• Auslotters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,856 posts

Posted 04 February 2019 - 07:21 PM

With only minor rule changes and possibly have Only to change rear tyres haw long will it take?
I think having this event run over Christmas New Year would be a mistake.
OzRally only worked over thst period because the cars were in Sydney for Christmas.

Edited by kalbfellp, 04 February 2019 - 07:22 PM.

#45 Peter Gunn

V8 Fujitsu Series Driver

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,277 posts

Posted 04 February 2019 - 07:25 PM

Thought we were running to roughly the same rules as last year Chas i'm sending last years car with a new motor and rear tyres added to it .

#46 Scuderia_Turini

Team Principal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 372 posts

Posted 05 February 2019 - 05:02 AM

View Postkalbfellp, on 04 February 2019 - 07:21 PM, said:

... I think having this event run over Christmas New Year would be a mistake.

Totally agree with Phil. Too many work holidays and family commitments, so the event would "stall".

Leo
Posted Image Like Scuderia Turini on Facebook Please Vote Up my postings - green arrow at top right :- )

#47 charlesx

V8 Supercar Driver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,625 posts

Posted 05 February 2019 - 07:35 AM

Hi all. Yes must agree re stalling. The Touring Car Proxy and SCCA Proxy appear to have done just that.

Happy with whatever dates as long as achievable. Did not think there were any confirmed rules or anything out yet.

Regards Chas Le Breton

#48 Aquakiwi1952

Kart Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 05 February 2019 - 09:37 AM

My cars allready "prepped" and waiting LOL

#49 Desert400

Kart Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 11 February 2019 - 01:05 AM

Quick question for everyone - is it permitted to change the driver's head? I usually put a Team Slot head on my Scaextric bodies because they're more accurate - particularly for Group B.

My fettling skills are limited but I can at least make something pretty to chuck at the scenery!

Many thanks

#50 gazza

2003 World hide and seek champion

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,255 posts
  • Location:Sitting in front of the computer, how else could i be typing this

Posted 11 February 2019 - 05:16 AM

There's never been a problem with the driver getting a head job!
Quickly read this post before it is deleted or i turn grey again

Gary

Posted Image

http://www.facebook.com/Rallyproxy2017

#51 Scuderia_Turini

Team Principal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 372 posts

Posted 11 February 2019 - 06:29 AM

Last year, one nav didn't have a crash helmet on...

Posted Image
Posted Image Like Scuderia Turini on Facebook Please Vote Up my postings - green arrow at top right :- )

#52 Desert400

Kart Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 11 February 2019 - 08:35 AM

Thanks all! I shall get the ladies spick and span...

#53 Aquakiwi1952

Kart Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 11 February 2019 - 08:45 AM

View PostScuderia_Turini, on 11 February 2019 - 06:29 AM, said:

Last year, one nav didn't have a crash helmet on...

Posted Image
That could be what they are argueing about. Tho its probably about a wrong turn.

#54 bov

Kart Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 432 posts

Posted 11 February 2019 - 11:31 AM

Hi All,

While waiting for the official rules to be posted - would be safe to start preparing to these basics:

Standard everything except guide, braid and weight. Spec MJK rear tyres. Clearances and blueprinting of components within sensible tolerances.....

And a healthy dose of a sense of adventure.....
Cheers,

Tony.

There's only two questions:

1. What direction do you go
2. What's the Lap Record?

#55 kalbfellp

Formula 1 Driver

• Auslotters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,856 posts

Posted 11 February 2019 - 09:47 PM

I managed to get some time today to do some development to try and get the other 3 cars more to perform closer to the RS200.
First up I cut the bottom off the interior tray of the Lancia,the idea was to make a clip in vac formed interior.
The standard interior is around 19 grams,this sectioned one is just on 9 grams.
Posted Image

With this interior fitted to my last years Lancia the lap times dropped from 10.7 down to 10.4s with a best of 10.38.on Shelmore Rally track.
This compares very well with the kids winning RS200 that best lap was 10.34.I now think the Lancia may need a little more weight.
I also did the Audi interior.

Posted Image

While the weight saving was very similar the feel of the car was much better,the lasp times dropped from 10.84 down to 10.46,still needs a bit more work BUT the car feels much better and easier to drive.
This also could probably do with a bit more weight.
Based on this short testing afternoon IMO this would be a good way to try and close up the field by ONLY allowing these mods to the 3 cars and leaving the RS 200 as is.
It also would be easy for every one to do with out resorting to vac formed interiors.
Once I get a Metro I will do the same.

#56 Desert400

Kart Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 17 February 2019 - 05:52 AM

If anyone else like me is coming to the proxy without having done it before and can't find a B-Nova guide, Andi Rowland from Policar has a simple solution on his Shapeways page. This little cup simply slots inside the original collar to make it the right size for Slot.It/Scaleauto etc. and it's got a nice robust mount on the bottom. Just add superglue.

Posted Image

Not completely thrilled by my handiwork on the paint job so far. But given the fight that it put up I can live with it. The decals are a bit poor for a full-on replica so I'm happy to put whatever WRP number panels on that might be made. It's not a replica of a 1:1 car, more of a Proxy special!

Posted Image

Will be good to know how much of a chop can we make on the interior bucket!

#57 Peter Gunn

V8 Fujitsu Series Driver

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,277 posts

Posted 17 February 2019 - 05:33 PM

Replying to Phil about vac interiors , if they come in for 2019 all cars should be entitled to use them and here's the reason why.
If you look at the 2018 results race by race you can see the Lancia was right up there ahead of the RS, and the Metro and Audi were competative on some tracks with some good results , in fact after the first 4 rounds i thought overall the car to have would be the Lancia.
The first 3 cars were all RS200's why ?, well these cars were the class of the field in 2018 consistantly in the top ten and got better with the wear and tear of the season, other cars including the remainder of the RS runners were just not as good as the series went on .
If you look at the overall results apart from the top 3 the rest of us were left for dead , so now the idea is to penalise all us RS runners with basically running more top weight even those who finished down in 16th and 17th place, i don't think that is fair , we either all run the original interior , or we all run vac one's. :)

#58 GAS41T

Drag Racer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,438 posts

Posted 17 February 2019 - 07:50 PM

Rules changes
For two years I got questioned about my cars
Now the rules are getting changed....Donít agree with what Phil has done..... but thatís just my 2cent worth ....
Standard is standard if that was the rule, how can you start changing interiors beats me ....I feel you Keith Iím going to follow this proxy with great interest especially the Tasmania stages !!!
Ow and a new car entered WOW

Edited by GAS41T, 17 February 2019 - 07:58 PM.

#59 Desert400

Kart Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 17 February 2019 - 09:03 PM

I'll keep mine as is. I haven't got much time to fiddle about and don't want to get into the arguments.

#60 kalbfellp

Formula 1 Driver

• Auslotters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,856 posts

Posted 18 February 2019 - 12:13 AM

I was asked for suggestions to try and even up the field and that is what I am testing and trying to get some ideas,at this time they are only ideas and suggestions.
I’m my opinion the RS is the class of the field with the Lancia a bit behind,the Audi and Metro need to be given some leeway to try and make them a bit more competitive.
As for Standard is Standard Ross your car last year had different front wheels for what ever reason so was not standard!
If anyone else has some suggestions on how to even up the cars feel free to come forth with some ideas.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users