Ontheflipside

World Rally Proxy 2019

Hi Ontheflipside. Do we have a date for first round yet please. Thought it was supposed to be by end of May. It is fine to wait for latecomers but we need to be fair to those that met deadline.

Looking forward to racing, photos and commentary.

Regards Chas Le Breton (charlesx)

I did say on post #137 - "The scheduled 1st round will commence this month, with or without missing entries"

Thinking the last weekend in May, I didn't realise that was last weekend :o . However due to prior commitments Craig had (TeamRed Racer) is now running the 1st round this coming weekend.

I had planned to run a recky last week but with building works here following roof tiles being hail smashed back in Nov and ceiling damage in my garage being ripped out and re done etc I'm being disrupted :angry: .

I was quite lucky that the heavy rain water had just missed the track by 1.5m

I have checked and run 9 of the cars and plan to run the balance this afternoon / evening.

With a bit of luck I'll get some notes posted tonight.

I can't believe that I wanted to grow up

Mount Salt Panorama Track Combined Road and Rally Track built near Salt Pan Creek Padstow - Sydney

A quick build rally track

2017 WRP Round 11 at Mt Salt Panorama

https://i128.photobu...zpss7sqiwfj.jpg

Great news Mel, looking forward to the event, hope the renovations are moving apace.

Luckily when our roof leek ed back in February, it was only a small amount, but enough for SWMBO to ask if I'd wet the bed.......

Yes, the leak came through the bedroom ceiling into the middle of the bed.

Simon

Whats not to like...........

Update

2019%20Entry%20Updates%2030_5_zpsshfxhhck.jpg

Comments on last nights Recky.

Due to building repair works in my garage 2m from track, I couldn't do any testing until last night.

It was 6deg C so the track was cold and hence surface grip was poor but all cars had the same conditions.

I was surprised how well most handled the conditions.

The track was covered during the dust from the tradies. I did give it a wet wipe over but in hindsight it could have had two cleans

but I did clean tyres of each car after the 1st two laps.

I have typed this up in a hurry as I'm off to a family funeral, so any errors, questions or comments I will answer tonight or in the morning

Recky%20comments_zps5ubxmoqo.jpg

Mount Salt Panorama Track Combined Road and Rally Track built near Salt Pan Creek Padstow - Sydney

Hi Ontheflipside/Mel.

Thanks for getting this proxy off to a good start. It must have been very difficult with building work being completed so close by.

A couple of questions - what or who is LY? Please excuse my denseness if it should be obvious

A couple of comments have been made suggesting extra work is to be carried out on cars. I would have thought cars once submitted to organiser or after final postage date apart from cleaning tyres and braid are effectively in par femme.or whatever the word is. - is this so? As a general comment about proxy racing people submitting entries have no option to tune cars further once submitted. In the interests of fairness this should apply to all. My apologies if I have taken some of the comments too literally.

Not so worried about test cars but I thought the same should apply with them but then we do want them to be a proper test.

Regards Chas Le Breton

Edited by charlesx

Charles the test cars are ones we have built just to see if they can be made to run closer to the RS200 so we have collaborated on the builds. While I altered two cars Mel is fine tuning them. After this Proxy we will review these cars and show all.

We are trying to make any mods as simple as possible.

Phil

Hobart Miniature Car Club

Tassie Resins

Email

Logos%2016_17.small_zpswkcwjf0q.jpg

LY = Last year?

Pleased to see the novice #3 is going somewhat ok.........

Cheers,

Tony.

There's only two questions:

1. What direction do you go

2. What's the Lap Record?

Thanks Bov. Could not have been more obvious when you think about it. Was it as well as I went last year (not very well) or as good as average to good performer last year. Think I ask too much.

We will just have to wait and see. From my short run at home I think car is much improved. Touch wood. As long as the wheels do not fall off I will be happy.

Regards Chas Le Breton (charlesx)

PS. I note last year I was near last in this round so who knows although I did the occasional good time. Hopefully this year like Peter Gunn,s it will be more consistent.

Edited by charlesx

Absolutely Leo, and we've got the union jack too, albeit without the NI bars......

Does Mel know something we don't about the Union......

Simon

Edited by Splitrim

Good news,

Alexis of Greece's Lancia turned up today, so it will make Round 2 this weelend :rolleyes:B)

2019%20WRP%20Progressive%20Points%20after%20round%202_zps2n3fw7gc.jpg

Round 3 was due to be run in NZ next but unfortunately it needed to be cancelled.

I had hoped we could use "Nuggets Hill" out at Windsor (Western Sydney) to fill that void. But it is currently in a removalist's storage.

That track will be having an upgrade (adding to one end). So if we are still ahead of schedule we will use that track for the second last round

in Sydney.

NuggetsHillTrack_zps12014a71.png

19_zpse3f29076.png

The cars will be on their way to Tasmania next week for Phil's (Kalbfellp) rounds.

Phil is currently taking a well needed break so we are looking around midish July.

Cars are then due to head up to Scotland (Scuderia's)

http://s1030.photobu...hudkf6.jpg.html

I could have ran a round on my track ....

It never crossed my mind Rossco. :angry:

I'm currently in Brisbane so can you PM ASAP me when you could run a round. But it might be a bit tight now :unsure:

Edited by Ontheflipside

Well, we'll!

Top brit so far, I'll take that , was this the last round then?

Best ever final standing in a proxy event

Yehaaa

Simon

I could have ran a round on my track ....

It never crossed my mind Rossco. :angry:

I'm currently in Brisbane so can you PM ASAP me when you could run a round. But it might be a bit tight now :unsure:

Keeping all in the loop - I did receive a PM from Rosco saying he could run a round of two stages the week he received the cars.

I offered to drop the cars over last Monday evening (24th Jun) or Tuesday morning if that was OK.

Rossco must be away as I haven't had a further reply from him. The forum is my only current contact method I have.

If you see this Rossco would you please check your PM's :) If it is possible to run a round this week, I can drop the cars over anytime that suits.

I will need to post the cars off to Tasmania by next Friday evening (5th July)

Good news from Phil. The cars have survived the rough Bass Straight on the Sydney to Hobart trip.

Phil will soon start posts for rounds 3&4 once he is all set up and ready to roll.

The next journey for the cars will be to a warmer climate in Scotland :P