Sign in to follow this  
Eno the Wonderdog

Slotty Amaroo Raceway.

Yes it's true, I was thinking.

Has anyone thought or setting up an Amaroo Park? If you put the pits at the back of the layup it climbs then falls all the way to the front of the track. It used to be a fun track for the big cars. With digital? I dunno.

Captain's log: We are enroute to some planet whose name I cannot pronounce to do something really complicated that I don't understand.

Several years ago one of the guys in the club I race with did Amaroo Park on a standard sheet of mdf.

It wasn't exact but certainly recognisable, even had the undulations.

A small lap length but gee, it gave fabulous racing. Initially racers would have a frown when first seeing it but they always went home with a smile!

I have a photo somewhere of a couple of V8's on the start line but sadly the track ended up at the tip following a move.

Chris.

Late Model

I remember going there (to the 1:1 scale track) when I was young, as it was close to where I grew up.

I think it's all been developed now, no more track unfortunately.

If you find that photo slot car tragic, please do post.

www.sydneyslotcars.com

Yes Development ....

To many tracks lost to development my cousin bought a house on the old Amaroo track, He said there is still remnants here and there....

I spent a few years working with Chris Hones’ Porsche Cup team in the mid-late 80’s at Amaroo and sometimes Oran. The change to housing developments was probably inevitable though I got one miss them as racing venues. Amaroo holds particular memories for me from that time...