Revoslot Supra

miveson

• 1 month later...

They're smooth and fast. My two are quieter than the Porsches and highly enjoyable to run. They don't like high grip in my non-mag on wood conditions. I haven't run either against my other Revo's, but i suspect they'll be near Viper pace, making them slower than the Porsche, and no chance against the Marcos.

Edited by manimmal

My mum says I'm an excellent driver

Interesting from Manimmal and great to see some info on how they run on other tracks.

I race at FPR in Adelaide where they run the Aussie BRM titles each year this also includes the revo as its only 1/32 class.

Just last week they became a regular racing class at club level with some surprising results.

Porsche first new lap record time viper second and the only two Marcos mid to tail end of the field.

This seems to be a different sort of performance to what happens for Manimmal.

I have a Porsche and a Supra and do find the porsche quicker by .1 to .15 at the FPR track while racing these at WAR raceway in Glenelg recently the Viper (same one that came second Tuesday) was a clear winner over the winning Porsche even before it broke its guide.

Very different tracks FPR tight and nimble sort of track while WAR is an eight laner with wide open fast corners I would think it favored the longer and wider foot print and wider wheels of the Viper. At the time of the race the Supra was still in transit to SA. A few Marcos ran but again mid field.

Tuning and driver will have an impact of course but the class is very standard spec all same tyre motor gear ratio ect. it is just the new models with the wider rear that is the only variation. All in all a good field equaliser class and a lot of kit bearings all round metal chassis ect. for the price nice liveries too.

I am still working on the Supra and found a older set of rims with slightly worn (less grip) tyre improved the handling a lot I am hoping with a few longer runs the motor will come on a bit more and pick up its acceleration because that is where the Porsche really has the wood over it on the smaller track.

Big Mick

• Upvote 1

Looking forward to my new ‘house’ class (Porsche, Supra, Viper) in the next few days.

Wood track, deep groove.

Porsche runs standard narrow (8mm) rims with XPG ‘tall’ REVO tyres, the deep guide and about 50 hours setup and running in. Lapped the gears to remove noise etc.

This car is within .1 on my track to my Scaleauto SLS with an endurance motor...