Red Tyres In The Sunset

5 replies to this topic

#1 Peter Gunn

V8 Fujitsu Series Driver

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,165 posts

Posted 05 December 2018 - 09:06 PM

Well NSR have bought out a new tyre , it,s red and the number is 5260 they are 3/32 GT3 Evo slick rears 19.5 x 11's , firstly i have no idea what they are made out of , and so far cannot find out, they smell of nothing so that does not help in the quest, here they retail at £5-50p set of 4.
These are like no other tyre i know with the possible exception of silicone but i don't think they are for that smell test, for NSR they are really well made and it says ready to race without gluing which is interesting.
So put them on the back of my NSR Aston GT3 and let them loose on my Carrera track, and must say they out perform any other untreated NSR tyre i have ever run on Carrera , feels like the car is running with magnets , did 40 laps on the inside lane and checked the tyres over and as smooth as a baby's rear end.
And just completed 100 laps on the centre lane and really great fun don't seem to drop of at all , so gent's if anyone can find out what they are made of be glad to know, as i can see these being banned at club's as these are very very good.

#2 alexis in greece

V8 Fujitsu Series Driver

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts

Posted 06 December 2018 - 02:05 AM

I think they are PU as red pigment is said to soften PU
Posted Image

#3 Peter Gunn

V8 Fujitsu Series Driver

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,165 posts

Posted 06 December 2018 - 06:28 AM

Hmmm interesting Alexis , so far do not seem to discard rubber into the rear of the car like urethanes do , if anyone wants to see pics of them? i have put pics on Slotforum.

#4 kalbfellp

Formula 1 Driver

• Auslotters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,763 posts

Posted 06 December 2018 - 07:35 AM

Being Red I can see them not being allowed in some clubs just because of the Colour.

#5 BEEJAY7

Kart Driver

• Auslotters
  • PipPip
  • 540 posts

Posted 06 December 2018 - 07:21 PM

Our club has banned them because of the colour...we don't want to go back to the old days of orange spongies.
Alan

#6 kalbfellp

Formula 1 Driver

• Auslotters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,763 posts

Posted 06 December 2018 - 08:45 PM

We only run black tyres,have to agree no coloured tyres or thingies.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users