gref

Not Sure Where To Go With This

I have been out of the slot car scene for a while now. I sold my track for nothing on ebay as I had to get rid of it due to moving and no where to put it, sad day. I haven't raced with a club since 2012, and theres nothing much around now. Mate's have gone off in other directions and sold up. I have a lot of cars, mostly NIB that are taking up space in the garage as I no loner have shed to store them. Today I found myself contemplating selling up and putting the money towards our house savings. I don't know if I have the passion anymore? The thought of building a new track is a tad exciting, but reality tells me I won't have a shed or the space to do so in the foreseeable future. So yeah, not sure what to do. Maybe move some cars on that I will never use, that I bought coz I could. I've bought 1 car in the last 2 or more years and that was Riocciardo's Red Bull F1. In the end I was collecting the Sideways model's, but I lost interest and kinda regret that. Not sure what to do now........

Edited by gref

2 x australian ego champion

regards

Shane

Fulel racing in first track build --> https://youtu.be/nG1EyFkbJSs

My second track build --> 

raceday - https://youtu.be/8WXYQ528iKM

If you have lost the passion, then you may as well sell them.

I made my own slotcar selling page on facebook to sell off some of my collection.

Sold a few hundred cars over the 2 years on that page. Better than ebay with their ripoff fees.

Link your selling facebook page to all the other slotcar pages.

Shane,

I understand how you feel, I have put slot cars on hold as my growing business has taken more and more of my time.

I still like the hobby but cannot find time to pursue.

There is a half completed track that has sat for about 9 months and a heap of cars with rubber tyres slowly disintegrating.

Still love looking at the cars so, much to my wife's detriment, have put them in our living room bookshelf display cabinet so I can stop and have a gawk.

Maybe put some on display for a while in a prominent place and see if the urge to tune comes back.

Have you thought about proxies? I live quite remote and although I liked the racing it is about an hour + anywhere to race. So proxies were the way for me to still enjoy.

Also I do get bored with a car once I have tuned the hell out of it, so proxies are good in that respect too.

Cheers Grant

20191120172309-193d8f3b.gif.......................................................20170306174707-b4015afe.gif

Home Track..........Corvette C1 Build..........McLaren M1A Build..........Maserati 300S Build..........Allard J2 Build..........50's Diner..........Iso Griffo A3C

3D Printed Adjustable Chassis..........3D Print Projects

Hey mate, so long no hear.

Sell some you really don't like - but don't sell them all. Keep the cherries, and the ones you may race at a club sometime in the future.

Put that dosh aside for a bit, so you have seed money for some kind of track, even if it is a small, 1 or 2 lane test track that you can hoist or fold against a wall in the garage.

Even a "spit' "spit" plastic fantastic. (Slot.it / Policar are bringing out a very nice plastic system soon)

Whatever you do, don't let good tools like tyre lathe go

There must be SOME good fellas out there in Vic apart from the old V32 gang.

Walks upright Unaided  *  Ties Own Shoelaces  *  Can Mispronounce Own Name In Five Languages  *  Mostly Aims Rattle Cans Away from Self
 My Track Oakland Raceway V2     Our Club  HMBRC     

G'day Shane,

100% agree with what Mark said.

You will come back to it one day. It is something we all go through at some point in time.

Cheers

Alan Stubbings

I look at my collection some days and go - I just enjoy having a little model of that particular car while for other cars I go why did I buy that....

usually the answer is it was a good bargain at the time :) or someone raced one on the weekend and it went well :)-

I also got caught in the collecting bug a bit - I have no idea why I felt I needed that many GT40s but I have a few (well more than a few)

So my advice is to look at the collection and sort the cars into Sell and Keep groups -

That might be a good start - sort out the ones you have the least attachment to and then think about them for a week and list them for sale :)

the option waytofast mentioned is good way to sell them

thanks for all the replies fellas, I've decided I'll let go of doubles and cars I'll never use. I'm putting them on the Slot cars buy, sell, swap Australia group on facebook, see how I go!

• Upvote 2

2 x australian ego champion

regards

Shane

Fulel racing in first track build --> https://youtu.be/nG1EyFkbJSs

My second track build --> 

raceday - https://youtu.be/8WXYQ528iKM