Thunderslot

slotmadmac

You'll have to lift that pace Brumos.......to keep up with other addicts!

JK

1 x Porsche 997 Constructors Cup Co-Champion

1 x Fly Classic Enduro 2013 Co-Champion

1 x F1 Classic Shootout 2016 Co-Champion

1 x Harmon Memorial Cup 2016 Co-Champion

2 x PieBone 400 Co-Champion

Wait till you see the M6 run.

Better than at Tonz Dave?

JK

1 x Porsche 997 Constructors Cup Co-Champion

1 x Fly Classic Enduro 2013 Co-Champion

1 x F1 Classic Shootout 2016 Co-Champion

1 x Harmon Memorial Cup 2016 Co-Champion

2 x PieBone 400 Co-Champion

• 1 month later...

The Sideways Hurican might be the new benchmark.

On a 8 lane commercial track mine left the Thunderslots for dead, even with it's 17k motor. No weight and all I did was loosen the pod and sand the tyres.

Other cars it beat were the track owner's Slot.it Porsche and a well tuned NSR Mosler. Lap times were close to the record too.

• Upvote 1

May the downforce be with you.

On a 8 lane commercial track mine left the Thunderslots for dead, even with it's 17k motor. No weight and all I did was loosen the pod and sand the tyres.

Other cars it beat were the track owner's Slot.it Porsche and a well tuned NSR Mosler. Lap times were close to the record too.

There's one bloke in our group who has one and always gets it out when we have 18k GT class. For a long time 18k has meant Scaley type 18k but it's a joke to run these together.

bram1_zpsfkhrhndv.jpg

Been running the Gulf one for some time ,and i found the standard car was nothing special the chassis was to flexible , but with the hard chassis in it,s a differant car , that 17k has a lot of torque and better than some 20k's, and as Wobble says way better that a scaley 18 not in the same ball park.

sport

Do you use the standard chassis or you have the hard one? Does the commercial track have some magnetic effect (magnabraid) or is plain and simple braids on latex paint?

There has been some speculation that the Sideways 17K has very similar specs as the NSR Baby King.

Anyway, I have built one of the first whitekits and took racing in the Netherlands on the Suzuka 6 lane digital track for the DiSCA GT3 series.

The car was one of the best performers. We took the pole - although Gary did manage the second fastest lap. The pole sitter was a TA71 Bentley prepared by Tamar (on that track) and run by the locals. Although the bentley was the fastest car on the qualify session it had to start at the end of the grid because after a tyre change its tyres were wider than the prescribed setting.

One of the locals took our lambo for a spin and he managed a fastest lap that beat anything on that day of 1 sec...so the car has some potential.

Cheers

G

"I am an expert at the top of my field when mowing the lawn".

None of the guys I race with have changed the gearing. Why would you want to when they go so well out of the box?

One of the classes I race in limits the Thunderslots to 14k motors with standard gearing and they are still quick in this class against NSR's using 14k and Fly/Scalextric cars running 18k motors.

May the downforce be with you.

To me there are two key advantages to the TS cars:

- the rear wheels with they low ribs

- the design of the pod: I like the 5 point connections. The front central one promote pivoting, two on the side control the damping effect, while the two at the back avoid any sideways movement of the pod.

So with the same motors/gearing compared with other similar cars they will always be better drives.

Cheers

G

GRUNZ, the chassis was standard (soft) and the track was magnabraid.

After reading Keith's comments about the hard chassis I might have to try it.

As I thought: with magnabraid the large and more magnetic long can motor will have an advantage in terms of downforce compared to a small can motor.

Cheers

G