Proxy Rally Slotcar Racing

71 replies to this topic

#21 Peter Gunn

V8 Fujitsu Series Driver

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,289 posts

Posted 15 November 2018 - 06:24 AM

Yes very bad luck Rossko at least you have the satisfaction of knowing you had a car capable of 10 podium spots so you have a good basis to start on for next year , i could only manage 1 3rd place, with a car i thought better than last years but that's the way it goes.
I have been banging on about alloy wheels back to the SCX days but i suppose it would need major changes to the cars , axles, gears to start with as well as alloys all round so may not be viable with scaley cars being used, cost wise.

#22 Ontheflipside

IQ test result - Negative :)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,726 posts

Posted 15 November 2018 - 08:32 AM

Winners of last round (16) at MSP

Posted Image
I can't believe that I wanted to grow up

Mount Salt Panorama Track Combined Road and Rally Track built near Salt Pan Creek Padstow - Sydney

A quick build rally track

2017 WRP Round 11 at Mt Salt Panorama

https://i128.photobu...zpss7sqiwfj.jpg

#23 Ontheflipside

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,726 posts

Posted 15 November 2018 - 09:11 AM

Top 10 finishes in series points - well done all :rolleyes:
Cars in picture are in car # order Left to Right.

Overall 1st, 2nd & Third announced later today. A bit more checking to go.
Posted Image

Mount Salt Panorama Track Combined Road and Rally Track built near Salt Pan Creek Padstow - Sydney

#24 GAS41T

Drag Racer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,442 posts

Posted 15 November 2018 - 09:24 AM

No next year for me kieth

#25 Ontheflipside

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,726 posts

Posted 15 November 2018 - 04:39 PM

Posted Image
Congratulations to these winners. Cars were smooth and great to drive. Well done everyone
Hopefully we will see many of you next year with possibly a new format.

A big thanks to all the hosts who spend many hours running rounds.

Also to all those who helped out in keeping the series running while I was often somewhere close to rounds being run in the UK and Greece.

Posted Image

#26 ZeGas

ZeGas

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,160 posts

Posted 15 November 2018 - 04:52 PM

Congrats all, Thanks to all those involved, it was great to follow.

On the selfish side I am really happy for the 16th spot given the false start.

I too had rear axle problems hence the DQ at the beginning, thanks Mel for the replacement and allowing me to still compete, don't forget to take it back before you send my car back.
Cheers Grant
Posted Image.......................................................Posted Image
Home Track..........Corvette C1 Build..........McLaren M1A Build..........Maserati 300S Build..........Allard J2 Build..........50's Diner..........Iso Griffo A3C

3D Printed Adjustable Chassis..........3D Print Projects

If life gives you lemons, take them, free s#!t is cool.

#27 branco

V8 Fujitsu Series Driver

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,566 posts

Posted 15 November 2018 - 05:01 PM

Thanks to the organisers and all the hosts. Been a great series this year.
I really enjoyed driving your cars this year and hopefully i will get to do it again some time.
2017 NZ RTR Nationals NSR Classic 2nd
2017 NZ RTR Nationals Group C 3rd
2017 NSR Classic Challenge 3rd
2015 NSR Classic Challenge 2nd
2014 NSR Classic Challenge 3rd
2015 Garden City Invitation Overall Champion

#28 Ontheflipside

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,726 posts

Posted 15 November 2018 - 05:03 PM

View PostZeGas, on 15 November 2018 - 04:52 PM, said:

I too had rear axle problems hence the DQ at the beginning, thanks Mel for the replacement and allowing me to still compete, don't forget to take it back before you send my car back.
I didn't get a chance to tune it properly so Phil in Tassy gave it a good tickle for you.

#29 snurfen

2015/16 WRP World Champion

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 593 posts

Posted 15 November 2018 - 06:19 PM

Good fun again this year and the picture of the top ten had me nodding, pretty much what I would have listed as the top ten if I had been asked.

Some great cars, some others a little interesting to drive. Well done all, getting a car together and running for a jaunt around the world is an interesting experience, especially for a slotter who doesn't get out to clubs very often.

I hope the notes along the way have helped entrants understand the setup needs of their car. If anyone wants a more in depth analysis of their car next year when it visits Wales, I'm happy to give them another drivers viewpoint of how the car behaves on a tight bumpy track.

Gas41T, you have to enter next time, I always enjoy driving your cars!
Posted Image

#30 Peter Gunn

V8 Fujitsu Series Driver

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,289 posts

Posted 15 November 2018 - 08:14 PM

Now the dust has settled and the end has come a few thoughts, congrats to the top 3 Ford's, my money was on Mondeo man for the top spot and he nearly made it, JAMC so consistant at the beginning think the car was running out of gas a bit towards the end, 6 1st places was a killer start to the series for that car in the first 6 races slaughtered the rest of us, and my ole mate Gas not a very good way to end a series but agree with Snurfen you have to enter a car , after all your one of the top guys in any proxy you enter and we need to pick someone's brains to improve our cars.
Think Kabfelp did great to get to 4th place with only one podium in the series a 3rd, my old mate Snurfen got a nice win , and 1 2nd and 1 3rd place as well , Gazza a solo win and Alexis a win and 2 2nd and, 1 3rd place also worthy of mention, a few of us got a odd 2nd or a 3rd but we were not in the same class as the top runners.
If we run again in 2019 i,m ready for it actually been building a replacement RS 200 with tips i,ve picked up this year, after all that's what proxy racing is all about forever learning.

#31 kalbfellp

Formula 1 Driver

• Auslotters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,859 posts

Posted 15 November 2018 - 08:32 PM

The Grandkids wil be very pleased, especially the one who did the final tuning. Shame that two of them will not be around for next year.
There was very little to pick between the top RS200 they are very close.
Very pleased with my 4th place. Bit more development for next year and it might have a chance against the RS200.
Lot of discussion about wheels But how many of the Scalex Wheels have broken?
I think most of the stress on these wheels is people trying to remove them from the axles..
Great series thanks to all the hosts and helpers, especially the Sydney crew for keeping this series going.

#32 Ontheflipside

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,726 posts

Posted 15 November 2018 - 10:34 PM

I have some more action pics to post but they are now on SWMbO's in Brisbane. So when I catch up with her Ill post them next week sometime.

Also I'm having a short break so cars will probably start to be posted out late next week.

#33 alexis in greece

V8 Fujitsu Series Driver

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,439 posts

Posted 15 November 2018 - 11:16 PM

Thanks to the organizers hosts and entrants.Congrats to all entrants,and podium getters and grandkids.Special congrats to Phil for challenging the Fords.Re my car quite happy but one thing i observed during the greek rounds, it is missing a little something to be a grand kids car.I'll be here again next year
Posted Image

#34 Mondeo74

Kart Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 16 November 2018 - 05:51 PM

Really pleased with the result, much improved over last years effort. Looking at a new build for 2019 so hopefully i can keep the momentum going. Definitely will be back next year

#35 Ben_M

Kart Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 943 posts

Posted 16 November 2018 - 07:38 PM

Thanks to everyone involved in the proxy and well done to all of the winners.

Cheers.
Some slot (and MTB) vids NOW SHOWING

#36 Aquakiwi1952

Kart Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 17 November 2018 - 02:26 PM

Yes thanks to all involved in running and hosting, happy with my cars results, a couple of bad rounds but overall pretty consistant. Congratulations to the top three.

#37 charlesx

V8 Supercar Driver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,630 posts

Posted 18 November 2018 - 09:11 AM

Hi all. Thanks for such a great proxy. Congrats to the podiumites and well done to Aquakiwi as first Kiwi.

Regards Chas Le Breton

#38 Scuderia_Turini

Team Principal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 373 posts

Posted 19 November 2018 - 03:11 AM

Well... thats it for 2018...
Congratulations to JAMC - the Belga liveried RS200 was the best looker in my mind as well.
Congratulations to all competitors, hosts and to Mel and team (inc J) for time and efforts in making this event happen.

Best regards, Leo
PS - who is JAMC ?

Edited by Scuderia_Turini, 19 November 2018 - 03:11 AM.

Posted Image Like Scuderia Turini on Facebook Please Vote Up my postings - green arrow at top right :- )

#39 Pepsi62

Kart Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 19 November 2018 - 04:40 AM

agree with everyone, many thanks to all track hosts for running the rounds and to Mel for organising it all, hopefully this series can continue and hopefully I can continue to improve the Audi once again

#40 kalbfellp

Formula 1 Driver

• Auslotters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,859 posts

Posted 19 November 2018 - 06:28 AM

Leo:
JMAC are the initials of my Grandkids. Jack,Matt,Abby and Caine. One of the older granddaughters started the entries some years ago,very sussesfully, after spending much time watching and learning.
But “ Codes” has moved interstate and this year her brother wanted to see how he could prepare a car, not so well with the Tasman Cup car but borrowing my chassis from last year and Codes prize from Ozrally he certainly retuned the chassis to his liking and obviously to other drivers and tracks.
Unfortunately he is also now moving interstate to join his sister and Mum, so this will be there last entry until one of the others take up the challenge.

I am interested for some one to go back over the years and see how many cars have broken wheels During the event, I think there have been very few breakages. Most seem to happen during preparation,probably with people trying to remove wheels from axles, something I avoid unless if possible.

Edited by kalbfellp, 19 November 2018 - 06:33 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users