←  WRP Rally 2018

Auslot Forums

»

Round 16 World Rally Proxy - Mt Salt Panor...

Ontheflipside's Photo Ontheflipside 04 Nov 2018

Posted Image

Stage 1 was run this afternoon and tonight with the help of Craig (TeamRedRacing)
Late finish after loosing, finding and fixing power to one section of the track :angry:
Hopefully I will be able to extract the scores and post in the morning before I head off to hospital for a hernia op. :huh:. Stage 2, if and when they let me out of hospital.

slotcarmann's Photo slotcarmann 05 Nov 2018

Thanks Mel.

Good luck with the op tomorrow, just take it easy afterwards.

Cheers
Dave

snurfen's Photo snurfen 05 Nov 2018

Gudonyer! as you colonial types might say.
Hope "Little 'Ern" buggers off without too much fuss. Good luck recovering.

gazza's Photo gazza 05 Nov 2018

View Postsnurfen, on 05 November 2018 - 03:47 AM, said:

Gudonyer! as you colonial types might say.

Onya bloke ..... is all you need

Ontheflipside's Photo Ontheflipside 05 Nov 2018

Thanks Guys. I hope to come home a couple of Kilos lighter :P

Results of stage 1. Driven by YT.

Posted Image
Apologies for raw results as I'm off to visit the butcher, so no time time to jazz up the sheet.

Gas4it's car on lap 6
Never experienced this before. Thought about gluing with some UV glue but unlikely to true/balance the wheel.
Posted Image

kalbfellp's Photo kalbfellp 05 Nov 2018

Yet another holiday!
Wish you a speedy recovery Mel.

Peter Gunn's Photo Peter Gunn 05 Nov 2018

Had that happen on my car same as Rossko,s when i was first testing it last year and i am sure when they force the wheel onto those splined axles some get cracked and it doesn't break straight away but just gadually breaks, definitly a weak point and being on a rally car gets more banging on the wheels when driving on a rally track with scenery, all i could do with mine was order a complete new rear axle set , that's why i have differant coloured wheels front to back., and wish you well Mel take care.

gazza's Photo gazza 05 Nov 2018

View PostOntheflipside, on 05 November 2018 - 06:43 AM, said:

Never experienced this before.

You need to get out more

alexis in greece's Photo alexis in greece 05 Nov 2018

Wish you a speedy recovery Mel.
Rossko's damage has hapepened to me more than once

GAS41T's Photo GAS41T 06 Nov 2018

Excellent donít glue it on Mel itís not worth it....
Aluminium rims are the go...

Scuderia_Turini's Photo Scuderia_Turini 06 Nov 2018

Cheers Mel and Craig.
Commiserations to Gas41t. Worth trying to glue the wheel back together surely? Or borrow an axle from a spare car.

Take care Mel, I had a hernia repair a few years ago. Doc said two weeks off work and after the first week I was raring to go but behaved like a good patient and stayed off. When I went back in it wasn't long before I started to feel uncomfortable when walking... take it easy for a while - no clubbing for a couple of months !!

Leo

gazza's Photo gazza 06 Nov 2018

View PostScuderia_Turini, on 06 November 2018 - 09:28 AM, said:

no clubbing for a couple of months !!

That's ok, seal season doesn't start for 4 months.

Ontheflipside's Photo Ontheflipside 11 Nov 2018

View PostScuderia_Turini, on 06 November 2018 - 09:28 AM, said:

Cheers Mel and Craig.

Take care Mel, I had a hernia repair a few years ago. Doc said two weeks off work and after the first week I was raring to go but behaved like a good patient and stayed off. When I went back in it wasn't long before I started to feel uncomfortable when walking... take it easy for a while - no clubbing for a couple of months !!

Leo
Thanks Leo.Mine was part of the Naval which later caused some complications. Don't think I will be entering any sexy belly button competitions. I'm 80% back to normal :rolleyes: . Except when the wife drives over those sharp plastic speed humps :angry:

Plan is to run a stage later this afternoon.

branco's Photo branco 11 Nov 2018

Glad to hear that all went well.

Ontheflipside's Photo Ontheflipside 11 Nov 2018

View Postbranco, on 11 November 2018 - 08:23 AM, said:

Glad to hear that all went well.
Thanks Matey. Getting there (not sure where there is :unsure:)

BTW
Did a special super stage today. Faster but not as long as the main stages.
Also finished stage 3 (& final)
Too tired now to extract results. I'll be out most of tomorrow but plan to post results tomorrow night if my pain killers (Endone) don't shut me down too early

Ontheflipside's Photo Ontheflipside 13 Nov 2018

Results of the The "Special Super Stage"

The stage was run on the lower part of the track, away from the twisty mountain section
By adjusting the lane change flippers about 30% of the rally track is used and 20% of the open road section is used.
I thought running this stage would throw the cats amognst the pigeons a bit more but in hindsight the stage should have been run longer.
Hence the results were close.
Stage 3 has been run and won. So I will add the score sheets later today

Posted Image

Ontheflipside's Photo Ontheflipside 13 Nov 2018

A few Pics the wifey took during the Special StagePosted Image

AquaKiwi's car took a short cut through the sand trap and actually ended up in the slot the other end. Not an unusual occurrence to be honest :P

Posted Image

Just the right amount of air over the jump

Posted Image
Almost lost it Barbs

Posted Image

Some visitors from Corfu (Greece) sailed into Salt Pan Creek to cheer Alexis on

Ontheflipside's Photo Ontheflipside 14 Nov 2018

Stage 3 and final @ Mount Saltpanorama
Posted Image

Stage - 1 and 2 both run over the same distance
Different drivers for both stage 1 and 2
Stage 1 - was run in cool conditions but it did warm up heaps 3/4 of the way through
Stage 2 - temperature varied sufficiently (10deg) to have an impact on results.

Series points sheet will be posted in the morning (Thursday 15th Nov) and to announce the 2018 WRP Series Winners
Edited by Ontheflipside, 14 November 2018 - 09:45 PM.

snurfen's Photo snurfen 14 Nov 2018

Wow, thanks guys, I'll take that! Like a Stradavarius and a good fart, my car is getting better as time passes!

Bit of a bugger with Rossko's car, all that good work scuppered by a cracked hub :(

Keep on the mend Mel, and next time you are in Blighty doing your Boaty McBoatface thing, make sure us Poms have enough notice so we can meet up and look at Little Ern's scar. Heed Leo's advice, do bugger all like the Doc told you.

GAS41T's Photo GAS41T 15 Nov 2018

Yes
Cost a lot every year with these cars with wheels breaking....Hopefully they change the rules....