Ontheflipside

Round 16 World Rally Proxy - Mt Salt Panorama Sydney Aus

Hi Mel. You have not asked but just in case.

C W Le Breton

Unit 2

27 Whiteley Street

Moturoa

New Plymouth 4310

New Zealand.

All the best for the festive season.

Regards Chas Le Breton (charlesx)

If you're concerned about everyone knowing where you live ......... you can always send Mel a pm (top R/H corner of page) that way you wont be getting a bill for penis enlargers and cat skinning knives.

A few Chrissy presents for class and over all winners

Trophies for winning Metro's Lancia's and Audi's

Metro%20Winner_zpsy8zsnxun.jpg

Lancia%20Winner_zpsrikh4afv.jpg

Audi%20Winner_zpsejf7fhyi.jpg

And Overall Winners

Overall%20Winners%20Trophys_zpszufhyrmv.jpg

Cars and trophies now all bundled up and being posted tomorrow if PO's are open.

All other cars are already on their way home.

Would be handy if everyone would let us know when they receive their cars etc.

Car arrived home ok Mel thanks, can see why it was crap this year when i put it on the track well sluggish, must be the motor , once again

While not (yet) an entrant in this proxy, I’ve had a bit to do with plastic v metal rims...

IMHO, Scaley rims do not take well to being ‘knocked’ on scenery, or when catching on the slot/braid groove when sideways. I agree with Keith, they are rubbish to begin with (as are SCX) - shouldn’t need a ferrile or cotton or anything else glued around the hub before you use them.

I broke almost every plastic rim I had on a commercial track (not rally) at one stage as I drove the cars similarly to my brass chassis/sponge things - I had to learn not to push too hard with the car sideways through a corner/banging on a wall.

I suspect that on the narrow and built up rally tracks/any worn plastic track that eventually rims will break. Still if plastic’s the rule, then plastic it is...

Have a great new year people.

My car has arrived safely home.

Thanks to everyone involved in running rounds and particularly for organising the whole event - just packaging the cars up to send them back must have taken up a huge amount of time !

For any UK based slot rally fans, we are running a slot rally at the Oxford Club on 24th February. If you are interested, there are more details here Oxford Slot Rally

Colin

Our cars arrived back this morning along with two great Trophy’s.

Sent the pics of the kids trophy to them enjoying the Gold Coast at the moment..

Caine is most impressed having a win with the RS200.

I am also pleased to be the top Placed Lancia.

Hopefully I can improve it for next this year.

Thsnk you for all the work Mel and assistants.

Car arrived back safe and sound this morning Mel, thanks mate.

Gaz, the Mrs says the mini skirt is yabba-dabba-doo! Fits perfectly. Pictures to you via PM.

The skirt was intended for you, but if you want to cross dress and share ....... who am i to judge :) :)

Hi Mel. My Metro and trophy arrived safely today. Thanks again for a great series. Hope my team suggestion is worthy of some consideration if you decide to retain the Scaly Group B cars.

Hope my team suggestion is worthy of some consideration if you decide to retain the Scaly Group B cars.

I haven't forgotten it Chas. Had a lot on my plate for some time now and haven't had a clear mind to get my head around it. I did send your idea to a couple of "long timers" in the WRP but haven't heard from them yet.

I'm possibly on my own with the WRP this year but with some help from most track hosts (which I was very happy and appreciative of last series) I must say entrants in the WRP, to me feel like one big family. B):rolleyes:

So the KISS principal might need to be adhered to.