Does Anyone In Victoria Have A Blst Track? Or Even Australia?

Kommandant33

Hey all,

I am considering importing a BLST track from Silliage Racing, but I am not 100% convinced it will be any better than my current Scaley digital set up (I have proper pit sensing, heaps of lane changes and scenery - etc)

So does anyone have a track I could come and check out? Or even just discuss if in Aus?

Cheers,

Komm

If you want the best routed digital track with a raceline all the best is here in Oz.

Firstly Mr Trax can design and build a world class track. If you want the best best line system Scorpius makes the most advanced and functional best line system called Ultima.

Rick

Edited by aussieslotter

Smoke, mirrors and obsolescence. It’s a jungle out there.

www.scorpiuswireless.com

If you want the best routed digital track with a raceline all the best is here in Oz.

Firstly Mr Trax can design and build a world class track. If you want the best best line system Scorpius makes the most advanced and functional best line system called Ultima.

Rick

Hey, Thanks Rick.

I have been to Mr Slot Car a few times, and Peter makes some amazing tracks, but as far as I am aware, it's all analog - I was looking at getting the modular system off him, but I just love the functionality of digtial.

The cost of building new would be about the same as bringing in this track that I am looking at already.

I can't seem to find any info on the Scorpius Ultima? Are there any threads of local builds that I can check out?

Cheers,

Komm

Marl's track was moved to Pedro's place.

Are you looking at the track in Denmark? I think that one is based on oXigen and it offers pit sensing.

As the lane changers are independent of the systems you run on, you could easily convert it to SSD system: the only caveat is that you need to install the lane changer for the pit lane based on the SSD system.

BLST is a mature system but I have never raced on such a system..before investing in a BLST track I would first try to see if the racing is the way I like it.

Cheers

G

"I am an expert at the top of my field when mowing the lawn".

I think Mark from NZ - had a BLST track

cheers

DM

I did, - almost, good memory Dangermouse. And Grunz is correct, I onsold it to Pedro. I got my hernia just as I finished the physical build, laboured in pain to install the LCs and wire one of the 4 modules.

Then when we packed up for the move to Spain, I on-sold it to Pedro who finished it, and is running it with Carrera digital.

Works well, but the cornering/lap speeds aren't as high as I expected. No matter how you frame it, having car tyres crossing a pile of routed bits even when dead flat surface - ( I was proud of my build skills on that, it looks about as good as David Caillés own builds ) will always reduce grip.

EYcq066.jpg

Thread here - Pedro could give you more insight.

http://www.auslot.co...ay/page__st__80

Grunz, if you COULD make it HB anytime over summer, I am sure Pedro would open up for you if he is around.

I wasn't aware Rick was working with MR Pete for auto lane systems - be worh you talking to Rick or Pete Kommandant. There might be someone in reachable distance tat you could try out a track.

Recovering Lapsed Slot Addict :ph34r:  *  Custodian of many used screws (mostly loose :rolleyes:)  *  Total kidder  *  Companion of other delusional slot addicts :lol:  

Thinks about clearing off the track, adding weight to some of the cars, and having a laid back open day.

I'd be a starter of course. - Enjoy the trip, see you when you are back

Recovering Lapsed Slot Addict :ph34r:  *  Custodian of many used screws (mostly loose :rolleyes:)  *  Total kidder  *  Companion of other delusional slot addicts :lol:  

Rick

Hey, Thanks Rick.

I have been to Mr Slot Car a few times, and Peter makes some amazing tracks, but as far as I am aware, it's all analog - I was looking at getting the modular system off him, but I just love the functionality of digtial.

The cost of building new would be about the same as bringing in this track that I am looking at already.

I can't seem to find any info on the Scorpius Ultima? Are there any threads of local builds that I can check out?

Cheers,

Komm

Pete is hanging to build a Scorpius track. Why dont you give him a call to discuss. He has some Scorpius gear ready to install too.

Scorpius allows each car to record its preferred race line around the track on the car decoder itself.

1)Everyone can program their own unique race line. Joe likes the inside lane on corner 3 but Pete finds the outside lane more to his liking.

2) Anyone can choose not to to have any best line function. And yet race amongst those who do.

3) Anti collision is fully automatic.

4) Auto guide into your pit bay only. Hassle free guaranteed entry into your bay and your bay.

5) You can also vary your best line at every lane changer....if your recorded line is to go straight you can still change lanes, just press the lane changer button.

Likewise if your recorded line is change lanes you can cancel at the last moment by pressing the lane changer button. This is not like BLST😉

How does it work? Put the car into record mode by following the prompts on the controller menu. Drive a lap that is your best line. Record your pit bay too. Now put the car into drive mode and bingo it dors all your lane changing. Each LC and lane preference is stored in the car chips registry. At each LC the car chip looks up the registry, lane changer number 6, left lane=change lane, right lane=no change. In PEARL mode (programmable electronicly activated race line) the command can still be altered manually using the controller. Complete flexibility. And as previously mentioned, each car can have its own unique raceline and each driver can turn elect to use PEARL or not use it. Again flexibility.

Thats just the best line aspect of Scorpius. The operating system and race software is another story.

Rick

Footnote: PEARL (ability to record best line) and AC (anti collision) were seperate functions. We then made firmware that combined these 2 functions, called ULTIMA.

PEARL only or AC only is still a possible.

Or choose none.

So something for everyone.

Edited by aussieslotter

www.scorpiuswireless.com

Rick

Komm

Is that the cost of building an analog wood track, or digital wood track? There's a heap more time / labour in building a digital wood track, all worth it of course.

www.sydneyslotcars.com

I think Mark from NZ - had a BLST track

cheers

DM

I did, - almost, good memory Dangermouse. And Grunz is correct, I onsold it to Pedro. I got my hernia just as I finished the physical build, laboured in pain to install the LCs and wire one of the 4 modules.

Then when we packed up for the move to Spain, I on-sold it to Pedro who finished it, and is running it with Carrera digital.

Works well, but the cornering/lap speeds aren't as high as I expected. No matter how you frame it, having car tyres crossing a pile of routed bits even when dead flat surface - ( I was proud of my build skills on that, it looks about as good as David Caillés own builds ) will always reduce grip.

EYcq066.jpg

Thread here - Pedro could give you more insight.

http://www.auslot.co...ay/page__st__80

Grunz, if you COULD make it HB anytime over summer, I am sure Pedro would open up for you if he is around.

I wasn't aware Rick was working with MR Pete for auto lane systems - be worh you talking to Rick or Pete Kommandant. There might be someone in reachable distance tat you could try out a track.

Wow, that's a great looking track! Interesting about the tires crossing over the slots, affecting lap times. I don't think it would be a major issue for us, as we love the digital aspect of racing with fuel usage, track calls and etc. But something to keep in mind.

Rick

Hey, Thanks Rick.

Cheers,

Komm

Pete is hanging to build a Scorpius track. Why dont you give him a call to discuss. He has some Scorpius gear ready to install too.

Scorpius allows each car to record its preferred race line around the track on the car decoder itself.

1)Everyone can program their own unique race line. Joe likes the inside lane on corner 3 but Pete finds the outside lane more to his liking.

2) Anyone can choose not to to have any best line function. And yet race amongst those who do.

3) Anti collision is fully automatic.

4) Auto guide into your pit bay only. Hassle free guaranteed entry into your bay and your bay.

5) You can also vary your best line at every lane changer....if your recorded line is to go straight you can still change lanes, just press the lane changer button.

Likewise if your recorded line is change lanes you can cancel at the last moment by pressing the lane changer button. This is not like BLST😉

How does it work? Put the car into record mode by following the prompts on the controller menu. Drive a lap that is your best line. Record your pit bay too. Now put the car into drive mode and bingo it dors all your lane changing. Each LC and lane preference is stored in the car chips registry. At each LC the car chip looks up the registry, lane changer number 6, left lane=change lane, right lane=no change. In PEARL mode (programmable electronicly activated race line) the command can still be altered manually using the controller. Complete flexibility. And as previously mentioned, each car can have its own unique raceline and each driver can turn elect to use PEARL or not use it. Again flexibility.

Thats just the best line aspect of Scorpius. The operating system and race software is another story.

Rick

Footnote: PEARL (ability to record best line) and AC (anti collision) were seperate functions. We then made firmware that combined these 2 functions, called ULTIMA.

PEARL only or AC only is still a possible.

Or choose none.

So something for everyone.

Scorpius sounds fantastic. I still can't seem to find too much info on it online?

The deal offered on the track with all the electronics installed, and shipping is very good. Especially by the time I have a track designed to fit my space, cut out, electronics fitted - and the time it would take would be more than what I am looking at for this track.

Rick

Komm

Is that the cost of building an analog wood track, or digital wood track? There's a heap more time / labour in building a digital wood track, all worth it of course.

Building a digital wooden track.

https://www.slotforum.com/forums/index.php?showforum=129

http://www.auslot.com/forums/index.php?/topic/5864-scorpius-wireless-digital-slot-car-project/page__pid__265424__st__540#entry265424

https://www.scorpiuswireless.com

Search term in youtube search bar

“Scorpius wireless slot digital track“

Here you can see dozens of Scorpius videos

Some great Scorpius tracks here :

https://www.slotforum.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=77819&page=1#

This track uses Ultima. Wiggie from The Netherlands

https://www.slotforum.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=.40151&hl=Scorpius&&page=7

Rick

Edited by aussieslotter
  • Upvote 1

www.scorpiuswireless.com