Scalextric Super 1/24 Parts?

grt

Hi,

Just wondering if there is much call for spare parts for the Scalextric Super 1/24 range? A mate asked me to make resin copies of the headlights, front grill, wheel inserts, mirrors and front underbody panel for the Scalextric 1/24 Alpha Romeo. So I was wondering if there is likely to be a market for these if I make up a few extra sets. They were the bits he wanted copies of, but he also offered me any other bits, including the windscreen, if I wanted to copy anything else. But its a very large windscreen, and the mould would cost me over $25 to make, so unless there are others out there who need spares, there is little point in me doing it for fun.

Most of the resin parts I make were initially made for my own use, so it has been all done for fun, but I make them to order if anyone asks, to help offset my costs. I am not sure if I should dabble in the 1/24 world, simply because of the size and therefore the costs of the moulds (plus I don't have any interest in collecting 1/24 scale myself).

Cheers,

Graeme

~~~~~~

(Life is like a sewer....................What you get out of it depends on what you put into it!)

https://gtoutweb.com/index.htm