curef99

Initially, and soon we will be throwing some ideas and thoughts around the long term track hosts. Then probably get some feel from regular entrants of the options by early Dec.

• Upvote 1

I can't believe that I wanted to grow up

Mount Salt Panorama Track Combined Road and Rally Track built near Salt Pan Creek Padstow - Sydney

A quick build rally track

2017 WRP Round 11 at Mt Salt Panorama

https://i128.photobu...zpss7sqiwfj.jpg

How about some new tracks.... We introduced 5 this year and most worked out fine. I think to some, the time needed to run a round was a bit of a shock. Probably my fault for not spelling it out well enough well beforehand

I have a great track !!! possibility ;)

Mount Salt Panorama Track Combined Road and Rally Track built near Salt Pan Creek Padstow - Sydney

• 10 months later...

Is there going to be a wrp proxy next year? Same as this years one?

I know it's early but if there is would like to enter, I did a few years back!

The 2020 WRP will go ahead with a slightly different format and provided there is sufficient interest.

We needed to run the Scalextric cars as they were the only cars readily available. SCX have released a couple of rally cars in the UK so it's

possible there will be more. So it will be some time before we make a decision on the event rules etc. We also need to consider matching cars with our supply of control tyres.

• Upvote 1

I’ve been following this years and looked back through the last couple of years or so to keep up with the scalextric cars etc.

I like the idea of the current cars and it seems over time they are getting closer in performance.

Looking forward with interest to see if any changes are made and will keep an eye out for updates

Slot car scrap yard

Does your car have a donor card?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys, I like what I see here and I am interested to join in 2020. I may even be able to host a race provided you need more tracks and that my track is good enough, I have no idea if there are minimum requirements. Splitrim guided me to this site so I start reading first and ask questions later.

Welcome to the digital era ! Check www.rcs64.com for a dedicated C7042 RMS.

How about some new tracks.... We introduced 5 this year and most worked out fine. I think to some, the time needed to run a round was a bit of a shock. Probably my fault for not spelling it out well enough well beforehand

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hosts and their crew need to be able to dedicate time to run the stages. Minimum requirement is for 8 minutes total running time. Rally is not like racing where 4 or more cars run simultaneously, If 30 cars are entered that is 240 minutes (4 hours!) of timed running plus warm up and admin time.

Of course feedback to the entrants is important so allow time for photo-shoots and creating the report postings, Simply adding the photos takes time - again, for a race one or two photos suffice but rally needs individual photos for each entry.

Running 4 two minute stages works but that means 4 times the crew have to get together. Its no good if after a couple of hours your mates lose interest and have to leave. Our normal procedure is to run batches of 10 cars with a break/lunch in between. With just the 16 cars this year we ran the first stage continuously and it seemed like a chore so allow time for breaks and a bit of banter to keep the spirits high.

The nominated driver has to have sufficient interest and stamina to keep going with the same enthusiasm!

Leo

Like_1.gifLike Scuderia Turini on Facebook Please Vote Up my postings - green arrow at top right :- )

This from 2014 that a lot of people missed .........

Confirmation of existing and expressions of interest for future track hosts (in other words put your name down here)

Remembering, it's all about the cars! .... getting the most out of them, and making the racing as even and close as possible, on as many and varied tracks around the world, in as short as time as possible.

But before you put your hand up, just a few things you should know

Last year was a world record with 51 starters (still waiting to hear from the Guinness boys :D ), this year will probably go close again if not a few more.

It is not an event that you, as a host, should enter into lightly.

The Tracks ........ ideally tight twisty single lane "rally" orientated tracks are the preferred setups, but understandably not everyone has this type of setup, so tracks that are "technical" and offer a wide variety of corners and camber are the next option, straight out road circuits are not encouraged unless used as a stage during a round ie in a club setup where there is a variety of tracks available ...... we know that the 1-1 cars run on tarmac stages during the season, but that is not the goal of this event, if it was, it would be just another road event.

Time is the biggest killer ......... the cars spend at least 8 minutes (for the faster ones) on the track in race mode each round, add to that the warm ups, the cleaning of tyres (done before each run) the shakedowns, the inevitable breakdowns, the glitches and fopars, and you end up with a figure of around 15 minutes per car, which is close to 13 hours add to that lunch and or dinner breaks as well as potty time and it's a long day.

Split over two days is easier but you may have a problem getting guys to help two days or two weeks in a row, so forward planning is essential when organising your round, also track conditions play a big part in the performance of the cars i.e. freezing cold one day with low grip, hot the next with great grip, when split into two or more stages times and positions are a lottery.

Information feedback ........ as it's a world proxy, at least half of the entries will be thousands of miles and different time zones apart, information either from written text, spreadsheets and especially photos is extremely important, not only to keep everyone (including the organisers) informed on results but also to keep the interest high during travel from track to track, this sometimes takes weeks, feedback information as been, in the last couple of years, a bit on the sparse side, we would like to try and step it up a couple of notches, with that in mind we have opened a separate photobucket account just for the WRP, photos can be uploaded by hosts straight into the account.

There's nothing better than seeing a photo (or two) of your car on a track half way round the world, not only that but photos can pick up problems and faults previously missed or unseen during shakedown .... eg

ChuckEredth3.jpg

Close up of the guide on the Alpine shows one of the chicken legs under the braid

Guide.jpg

Other shots have shown unglued tyres going oval when on the jumps, these things and many more are important to help diagnose problems or faults, but it's mostly the feeling of "being there" that's the key, as they say you can never have enough information, or in this case photos.

Sponsors ..... we were lucky enough to have MJK sponsor the event with the control tyre for last years event, we are happy to announce that they are supplying the control tyres again this year, i think everyone would agree that with the introduction of the control tyre, the field is a lot closer and the racing much more exciting, with this in mind it is important to try and promote the sponsors as much as possible, their logo in the background of a few photos is a great start.

Timing of the event is extremely important, as the cars often finish 100's sometimes 1,000's of a second apart, it is important to have a timing system that can accommodate this. Any program is fine as long as it gives accurate and clear results to at least 3 decimal places that way there can be no duplicate times, working out a result from average laps is not on, the cars run a stage or stages and it's the total time of the stage that counts ie lowest time over the distance (laps) travelled is the winner, same as the 1-1 cars eg ..work out a lap time for the track say 10 sec, that works out at 48 laps in total, split into two stages of 24 laps each, lowest combined time over the two stages is the overall winner.

We have been using and recommending Race Coordinator for a few years, we have a modified setup in it to our specific needs, which can be sent out to those that request it, it is a quick and easy program to use both in the ability to give results down to 6 or 7 decimal places, so that no two cars have the same result, it also has saves the results straight to a exel sheet which can be sent direct to the official points adderupera :D, or converted to a jpeg and posted with the photos.

With all that in mind if you wish to host a round, put your name down on the list (below) and we will put them all in for consideration.

Quickly read this post before it is deleted or i turn grey again

Gary

http://www.facebook.com/Rallyproxy2017

The idea and requirements are still the same as is the need to look at it all and make sure you can fit the needs of the event.

As no one took advantage of the photobucket account that was set up it was closed, also with the bullshite surrounding the bucket pricing put the last nail in the coffin.

We are still waiting on some pic's from the past 5 years, they'll turn up one day.

• Upvote 1

Quickly read this post before it is deleted or i turn grey again

Gary

http://www.facebook.com/Rallyproxy2017