Nxgn Slotz

supercharged

Mate that looks like an awesome idea.

How much do you reckon to set one up, I'd love to try it.

Details?

Hello John, yeah they are all scaley bodies, but with some modifications. On the Falcon and Commodore, I had to move the front wheel arches back about 4-5mm to fit the chassis', then I flared the guards to accommodate the width, the Chevy Nascar almost fitted perfect so I didnt bother modifying it. Patto's stickers all round. I put the mabuchi style motor in so I could fit the battery for the camera and transmitter that's in the car. I wanted to have it so that all cars have the same chassis, I can put any body on any chassis. Each car has over 40 channels to choose from. Hello Grant, surprisingly, its not as expensive as you may think, buy a new car ,camera ,transmitter, battery FPV(goggles) for about $200. Cheaper than some other makes out there and easier.

This could be a nice idea also for digital racing, especially for large event with 15+ cars on a large track (thinking here DiSCA 24h Le Mans).

With digital having power always on the rails, you would not need the battery (maybe a capacitor to keep the connection in case of deslots).

However, having that big camera sticking out the windscreen/hood is not that appealing from a modelling point of view.

Oh, by the way, Carrera is doing something similar but in 1/24.

Cheers

G

"I am an expert at the top of my field when mowing the lawn".

• 3 weeks later...

They have a battery in the chassis so if there is a derail, cameras are still running(you'ld burn the guts out of the camera running on track power, camera only runs on 3.5-5vlts). If they went into production you would definitely put a smaller camera in a better position. This was just for a laugh for a house class and to see if they would fit into a 1/32. They do take a fair bit of punishment though, same gear they use in drones.

• 1 month later...

Hi Guys,

A friend of my daughter is fascinated by this concept. Have you got any footage recorded from the driver's viewpoint that you could post up, to give us all a feel for what its like as a driver?

Thanks,

Graeme

~~~~~~

(Life is like a sewer....................What you get out of it depends on what you put into it!)

https://gtoutweb.com/index.htm

• 2 years later...

Pat probably still has the cars but we never went back to camera cars after the one night we all tried racing them. Lap times are about double compared to racing without a camera and goggles.

Fun to try once but not for the serious racer.

Cheers

Paul

May the downforce be with you.

I was wondering about that, and looking for video of the cars on the track from a spectator's perspective.

Sure, the cars will have to go much slower for the POV driver to have any hope of accurate control, but from the driver POV, the cars would still seem quite fast, wouldn't they? Were the drivers wanting to go faster, or were the spectators bored? ;-)