Peter Gunn

Proxy Racing Is The End Near

Proxy racing is alive and kicking.

There are some hosts who go the whole hog and run exceptional rounds and there are others who just get the meeting done and dusted.

Either way they are taking the time to run our cars in the best and fairest way. I take my hat off to you guys.

Peter feel free to host a round and show us how it should be done.

2019 NZ RTR Nationals Gt 3rd

2017 NZ RTR Nationals NSR Classic 2nd

2017 NZ RTR Nationals Group C 3rd

2017 NSR Classic Challenge 3rd

2015 NSR Classic Challenge 2nd

2014 NSR Classic Challenge 3rd

2015 Garden City Invitation Overall Champion

Oh dear Branco wish i could host a round for you but with no track to run it on it,s a bit difficult , hence my support for those i can manage to do, but like so many you miss the point i was trying to make about keeping interest alive with regular running and some info , i have always given full praise to those that run these , but was looking at the proxies i have entered over the last 5 years i,ve been doing it and came to the conclusion that things are changing ok across the world there are still proxies but a number have died like The Pony, Can Am ,and others like the OZ, now the Group 5 and the ATCC from NZ are at a stand still as the organisers have lives to lead outside slot cars , the WRP is not like it,s former self nothing to do with cars just lack of running and info, the IPS the largest one i run in with 32 cars in is also lacking regular info to keep the interest going , and this is not only my view listen and talk to others like Phil who runs again in my opinion the top proxy i enter The Tasman slick , regular, plenty of feed back , photos, think he shares a lot of my feelings on the subject.

The main point i am trying to make is just lack of something going on i know Rossco GAS41T agrees with some of this sentiment as well, and there are others no doubt, when i started this it was my personal view as a outsider from another hemesphire, and i know views from us poms are not taken to kindly by some down under but that's the way it is, oh well last thing i,m saying on this subject not really worth doing if some people don't take the time to read what was said in the first place, what did a thread say Lack of Content i noticed at the top of the forum well that's me done trying .

The latest Round or rounds of the WRP are Prime example of problem rounds with virtually no information on tracks cars etc.IMO just a waste of several weeks in the calender.

I have also seen this is a couple of US proxies where there has been big breaks in the schedule of months.

These things really damage an event.

As Ben did say Hosting does require a commitment to do it properly as he and many hosts do.

I don’t think even some of the organizers know how much work it is to keep things motivated and running, and there is the problem.

Over the last 18 years I have seen plenty of Proxies get into problems whether it be hosts or organizers.

The Tasman runs pretty well as does the Oz Rally this is not just due to the organizers but great committed hosts.

I have been lucky with Oz Rally and only had one problem over the years and had a great bunch of dedicated hosts.

Phil

Hobart Miniature Car Club

Tassie Resins

Email

Logos%2016_17.small_zpswkcwjf0q.jpg

Oh dear Branco wish i could host a round for you but with no track to run it on it,s a bit difficult , hence my support for those i can manage to do, but like so many you miss the point i was trying to make about keeping interest alive with regular running and some info , i have always given full praise to those that run these , but was looking at the proxies i have entered over the last 5 years i,ve been doing it and came to the conclusion that things are changing ok across the world there are still proxies but a number have died like The Pony, Can Am ,and others like the OZ, now the Group 5 and the ATCC from NZ are at a stand still as the organisers have lives to lead outside slot cars , the WRP is not like it,s former self nothing to do with cars just lack of running and info, the IPS the largest one i run in with 32 cars in is also lacking regular info to keep the interest going , and this is not only my view listen and talk to others like Phil who runs again in my opinion the top proxy i enter The Tasman slick , regular, plenty of feed back , photos, think he shares a lot of my feelings on the subject.

The main point i am trying to make is just lack of something going on i know Rossco GAS41T agrees with some of this sentiment as well, and there are others no doubt, when i started this it was my personal view as a outsider from another hemesphire, and i know views from us poms are not taken to kindly by some down under but that's the way it is, oh well last thing i,m saying on this subject not really worth doing if some people don't take the time to read what was said in the first place, what did a thread say Lack of Content i noticed at the top of the forum well that's me done trying .

Pete, no offence, but your point may get lost in your stream of consciousness posts. Better off keeping it short and to the point.

Again no offence Peter, but using punctuation could help reading your posts...I usually stop reading them after the first couple of sentences (actually I have to image the sentences myself given that there are no full stops :)).

Anyway, I like to drive cars entered in proxies when they get here in Auckland.

However, I would never enter one of my cars into a proxy: I do not see the point of building a car to be (mis)handled by someone else.

Edited by GRUNZ

Cheers

G

"I am an expert at the top of my field when mowing the lawn".