Round 13, Wrp2018, Slotrally England.

Splitrim

Hi guys I'm struggling to add pictures and spreadsheets of this round, it's frustrating and I don't want to kick another computer to death.

can anyone private message me so I can email them to someone who can post?

Cheers

Simon

Whats not to like...........

I cheated and followed Kevan's method. Started a thread on Slotforum, then rightclicked the pictures and sables etc and "copy image location".

Then I clicked on the icon 11th from the right in this "reply to this topic" window and pasted the image location in there. It's actually easier to post the pictures on Facebook to the WRP Rally Proxy page, then the tables on Slotforum.

EDIT: On SF it's actually "Copy image address"

WRP page is here

Edited by snurfen
wosautos12.gif

Thanks Phil,

but I never agreed with remote hosting, and was proven right when Photo bucket started ripping people off . All my files and images are right here at home on secure hard drives that are not connected to the Internet.

Gazza has offered to "attach them" I'll email the files to him.

Simon

Don't despair Dave, that's normally my domain

So, we ran the two stages at Wolverhampton Slot Car Club, thanks to Malcolm Scott, Chris Aston , Simon( another one)and Richie.

Chris drove Stage one , Aldersley Rally track, and I drove stage 2 Orleton Park! While the others marshalled and kept time.

Chris is one of the fastest racers at Wolves with many podiums under his belt.

Me, well I'm middling in Rally, but am stacking up the pile when racing......

Both tracks are routed wood, but with completely different characteristics

Aldersley is flat with several "donuts" and a couple of long straights and fast sweeping bends.

Orleton Park is a stylised figure-8 with some seriously banked curves.

We checked out each car as it was unwrapped, gave the tyres a wipe as suggested, and cleaned braids with lighter fluid.

They were run as unwrapped, so no particular order, and Chris had no idea as to which were doing well or badly, or to whom they belonged.

Anything that was previously described as "tail-happy " was not happy at all! We recorded the number of de-slots, but not the number of times when cars "spun-out" and needed a nudge to get going as the guide was still in the slot.

At the end his trigger finger was sore, but I reckon he'll take part next year as he's never done a proxy event before, and seemed to really enjoy the concept .

There were very few issues, apart from the heaviest cars getting stuck on the sharper turns, and Car 46 Team Red.....as it was put onto the track for the test lab , one of the rear wheels sheered off the hub.

Although the spindle has been sleeved, the "spokes" gave way( maybe weakened due to the removal from the axle to sleeve the hub?)

I decided, due to time constraints, the the best action was a fix. The rim/spokes were re-attached using cyno, and the car was the last to run, it seems to be OK . Hope I did the right thing guys.

We all had a great, if tiring time running this, and thank you for the opportunity.

I apologise for not getting any pics up so far, I'm looking for solution........

Simon

Edited by Splitrim

Many thanks to Gazza for getting the spreadsheet up .

So the cars get a little rest whist I go to Greece without them. Sorry Alexis, nowhere near you, otherwise I'd have dropped them in personally.

Then later in the month back to Wales for the next round.......

BTW, somewhere along the way, Snurf's has become no.59

What's that all about?

Simon

Edited by Splitrim

Thanks for running this round Simon and friends.

2019 NZ RTR Nationals Gt 3rd

2017 NZ RTR Nationals NSR Classic 2nd

2017 NZ RTR Nationals Group C 3rd

2017 NSR Classic Challenge 3rd

2015 NSR Classic Challenge 2nd

2014 NSR Classic Challenge 3rd

2015 Garden City Invitation Overall Champion

Sounds like you guys had a great time - I love running the cars too. I've driven both tracks - Aldersley takes a while to master, but is a very very clever build incorporated into the Aldersley road race track. Orleton Park is great fun, when you have worked out the balance of the car, you can really nail it around the banked bits, and it really zooms under the bridge in a very dramatic fashion. Glad to see them both in use!

I was No1 for the previous running of the championship, but someone else took the title off me last time, so I revert to my normal running number of 59.

Have fun in Greece, and don't forget, you still need loads of sunscreen, even though its a bit cooler at the moment. See you in Abergavenny.

wosautos12.gif