Slot.it Compound Similar To Nsr Supergrips? (For Plastic)

5 replies to this topic

#1 Slotspeed

Kart Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 25 August 2018 - 07:14 PM

Wondering what the equivalent compound for Slot.it would be? I have already second guessed it and got it wrong. Would prefer the opinion of someone with experience using both makes of tyre rather than just looking up a chart. Looking for something similar to NSR supergrip to use on Carrera plastic. Slightly grippier would be ok. But not as grippy as Ultragrips. Many thanks for any thoughts/opinions based on experience.

Steve.

#2 munter

re member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,436 posts

Posted 25 August 2018 - 08:00 PM

I am usually looking for more grip.

Have you loooked at hardness ratings F15, F22, F30 in the slotit range and compared to the NSR tires?
John Warren
Slotcars are my preferred reality

#3 GAS41T

Drag Racer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,426 posts

Posted 25 August 2018 - 08:57 PM

Slotit p6 is as close to Nsr supers and will be excellent on Carrera track ....

Edited by GAS41T, 25 August 2018 - 08:59 PM.

#4 Slotspeed

Kart Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 25 August 2018 - 09:19 PM

View Postmunter, on 25 August 2018 - 08:00 PM, said:

I am usually looking for more grip.

Have you loooked at hardness ratings F15, F22, F30 in the slotit range and compared to the NSR tires?

Tried F22 and they were nothing like what I wanted. TBH I can't remember what it was that I didn't like, but probably too much grip and perhaps not very pliable. guess I should have kept notes! The Carrera car I am looking to match it to is obviously not a racing machine (and no pod of course) and I guess its a bit hit n miss as to what tyre will work. I The thing I like about Supergrips is that they are very forgiving. On my Carrera Porsche 917k they are high profile F1 tyres and they are just perfect for that car. The Ultragrips are OK but of course they pick up crap really quickly and before you know it they are driving like Supergrips anyway. But still a great tyre if you keep the track perfectly clean. The Supergrips casings seem to have less symmetry flaws also.

Thanks for the tip GAS41T, I think thats what the charts say. Perhaps I should consider trying them.

#5 SlotsNZ

Formula 1 Driver

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,624 posts

Posted 26 August 2018 - 11:58 AM

When you talk about casings flaws it indicates to me that you donít lathe true your tyres
That makes performance from car to car a bit of a crap shoot
F22 is about the closest to Supergrip there is in rubbers between brands
P6 had been popular in Europe, but depending on what hub it is fitting, your choices may be limited
F30 may work if F22 had to much grip
Personally I think N22 is hard to beat across many wood surfaces and on smooth plastic if it is clean
Slots addict 1st class * Inaugural and undefeated "Pie-Bone 400 champion" For of course, team "We Don't Gloat" * Slot.it Shootout Champion 2015 * Harmon Memorial Winner 2017 * Lathe Addict Extra-ordinaaire * Itinerant Mediterranean cuisine junkie * Hobbit 3rd class * Legend in my own imagination * Classic quote for 2019 "whaa whaa whoo, where is I " * My Track Oakland Raceway V2 | * | Club intro on Youtube

#6 Peter Gunn

V8 Fujitsu Series Driver

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,221 posts

Posted 26 August 2018 - 05:11 PM

As a runner on Carrera track here we use Slot it N22's N18's , NSR Supers in preference to ultras and MJK's ( when we can get them ), PG's, Wasp in urethane ,best slot it is the N22, all the urethanes work well and seem to be very easy to drive best of the bunch is the MJK but not by much, all tyres are glued and trued to get max performance out of them on a tyre razor

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users