Ips Round 7 Auckland Nz

alexis in greece

Qoute Dave

"

The cars have been checked and repaired as needed.

Most cars just needed the braids and tyres cleaned, they ran fine for a few laps on my small home track and then back in the box ready to qualify tomorrow night.

Tyre wear is a big thing with some cars really chewing through the rubber and the softer urethane.

Car 31 was very bouncy, on further inspection the rear tyres were rolling off the rims while cornering.

At first I thought the glue had let go but when I looked closer the was no sign of any glue, just a couple of blobs of gunk.

31_as_found.jpg

This is the wheel as it came off he car

I have since glued them and given them a light sand to get true again. Much more drivable now, not as bouncy as it first was

The same car also had brass swarf from the gear boss.

31_a.jpg

I have cleaned it all off so the swarf doesn't get on the track and make it slippery for the other cars.

Car 170 was not in a happy state when I picked it up out of the box.[/size][/font][/color][/background]

The shaft had been broken away from the flag (shaft not in box) and the front body mount had broken away from the body.It was easy to re-glue the body post as a clean break showed exactly where it was, a good drop of super glue now holds that back in place.

IMG_20180828_143901.jpg

IMG_20180828_143359.jpg

The only guide I have with a long post was an old guide from a Fly car, I trimmed the guide post holder and fitted the Fly guide.

Thinner braids were needed to keep the front wheels on the track.New lead wires were also needed as only held by one strand and too short to re-cut.

With these repairs done car 170 runs fine again and lives to do battle again.

All the best to every one for tomorrow nights qualifying session.

ps, love the steering on the Vette!!!"

Thanks Dave for the repairs

gallery_2645_1402_6823.jpg

Hi Guys

Just completed Qualifying today with Dave. Nice range of car builds, alot were right at home on the track, but a few cars struggled as our track is technical and needs good brakes. Dave may have some extra comments. Race day will be this Saturday, good luck everyone.

Qualifying results below:

IPS%202018%20Rnd%209%20Qualifying.png?dl=0

Orakei Racer

Slow is smooth, smooth is fast!

Ok Round 8 is done. Thanks to the drivers and marshals for their time. With a full crew, it made it easier to get thru the round quickly and efficiently. It was an enjoyable morning and I think a few of the members may be tempted to enter cars in next yrs IPS series. Results and pictures below. DRW21 will post some followup comments.

Final Results:

IPS%202018%20RND%208%20FINAL%20RESULTS.png?dl=0

Final finish positions:

IMG_4014.JPG?dl=0

Top 4

IMG_4016.JPG?dl=0

Group pics

IMG_4039.JPG?dl=0

IMG_4044.JPG?dl=0

IMG_4046.JPG?dl=0

Orakei Racer

Slow is smooth, smooth is fast!

Thanks Dave for hosting this round.Congratulations to PSLACKER,DRW21 and AUDI1 gor their top and podium positions.Standings time

Overall the top 4 are very close

44463996512_a9c2973167_c.jpgstandings oa by alexisgaitanis, on Flickr

and more readable version showing totals and last 3 rounds

44463996862_67e5170df5_c.jpgstandings oa 2 by alexisgaitanis, on Flickr

Standings by class,in slimline class DRW21 is clearly ahead of the rest,in front engine class sh0wtym37

is disapearing in the distance.

44463996872_bfce64268a_z.jpgstandings CLASSES by alexisgaitanis, on Flickr

44463997042_5f58bf67c3_c.jpgstandings 3DP by alexisgaitanis, on Flickr

44463995802_11c23418e9_c.jpgstandings SB by alexisgaitanis, on Flickr

gallery_2645_1402_6823.jpg