Ralio! Round 11 Rally Wales Cymru - Pinewood

snurfen

OK, track is being assembled, SS1 will run tonight, SS2 and SS3 later in the week. If I can squeeze another 3 special stages in, I'll try and run another round mixing Stages from both tracks. Watch out for photos and videos on the Round 10 thread tonight (if I finish SS1 in time!).

wosautos12.gif

Sorry for the delay folks (and Dave), it's all gone a bit crazy this week in work. track up, first Stage under my belt.

the intention had been to run SS1 forwards, SS2 in reverse, then SS3 forwards again, all on Pinewood, to make up the Round 11 tables. round 12 was planned to be do R12 as SS1 Pinewood forward, SS2 Deadmans revers, SS3 Pinewood reverse. Sadly, Pinewood will not run in reverse without risking damage to the cars - seeing as 21 of the 22 belong to other people, it wouldn't be fair for me to risk it. So I'v cut down each round to just the 2 stages.

post-16846-0-83276400-1535134645.png

Some photos to follow over the next day or two!

wosautos12.gif

Good man Martyn...!

Thanks for running this stage....I hate it when life gets in the way of slot cars...!

Nice to see Simon up at the top for a change - and well done to Mondeo and yourself too.

Pleased to see that Barbs and I were a bit higher up this time round.... :P

Shame you can't run reverse, though.

Have a good weekend,

Cheers

Dave and Barbs

Very funny lads!

Had enough sense to drive to and from the restaurant last night, so I'm up bright and early with a clear head and a sharp mandrel ! It's bright and sunny here today for the running of the final special Stage of round 11 - Pinewood in the same direction as SS1. I've given the cars the once over, they look as if they will all make it through this morning without any problems.

The weather is considerably better here today - it dropped to about 15C yesterday, blew a gale, and rained enough to have got NSQ out of drought status. As is the way here on the extreme eastern fringes of the Atalantic, it's 21C at 10am and sunny as! I'll give it half an hour to make sure the garage is all warmed up and the track nice and stabilised, then get SS2 under way.

wosautos12.gif

Wow, 15th for Barbs and 10th for me....bit surprised, but the Audis must like Pinewood...! :)

We'll take that - although the next Round won't be as straightforward - as we have another stage on Deadman's.... :unsure:

Well done to the top three....who managed to gap the next three by a tad.

Thanks Martyn....

Cheers

Dave and Barbs

Wow 1st!

sorry I wasn't about yesterday, I was stuck indoors at our village Horticultural Society Show.

I had to judge the comestibles, cakes, jams, chutneys and breads. A hard job but some had to decided on the winner of 25 jams and 38 cakes!

Anyway my weather 120 miles north east of Snurfen was the opposite, sunny yesterday, torrential rain today.

TBH my car was set up at the being of the year on a track with a similar flat painted surface to Pinewood. I've driven Pinewood a number of times in the past and somehow my cars and I seem to like it.

Cheers for running this yesterday Martyn

Simon

Whats not to like...........

I honestly don't look at any scores when running a round (immediately before or after) as I don't want to play any mind games by thinking stupid thoughts like "Oh, if this car has a clear run it will go into the lea......MARSHALL!!!!!!!!!" It's a total Murray Walker scenario if I do. I can't even tell you who won the previous heat! I just plonk the cars on the track and type the times in a blank three column Excel sheet as they cross the line.

saying that, I do love reading the scores as the cars go around the world, fascinating to watch the relative performance on differing tracks.

So lets pop over to the new thread for Round 12!

wosautos12.gif