Ralio! Round 10 Rally Wales Cymru

snurfen

So the box of cars arrived in Goods in bay, old Wayne Geary in the loading dock wets his pants when they turn up. I have to open the box and show him the cars. He's tickled pink to see them and calls all and sundry over to have a look.

So Deadman's has been assembled in the garage at Chez Snurf and the cars unpacked and inspected. Several issues showed up, I'll post in the shakedown notes later.

Before I run the shakedown, I'll run one of my personal cars around for 20 minutes or so to get the copper burnished so everyone gets a fair crack when we come to shaking down the race cars.

Took bloody forever to assemble the track today - I was out on a free bar kindly laid on by a supplier last night. It was a "one in all in" round, and some dull bugger decided to order pink gin all night. No wonder they were all off their tits in the colonies in the days of the Empire - that stuff is lethal in large doses. Still, it has reduced my chances of catching malaria - a huge problem here in Wales.

"Tri.......dau.........un...go go goch!"

• Upvote 1
wosautos12.gif

Shake it baby! Well that was a bit of a pantomime in parts! Oh no it wasn't.

I'm replacing the braid that fell out of Zegas before I start the round, as fair is fair, it did fail at first shakedown.

I'm going to run three special stages, all on Deadman's, reversing direction each time. The plan is to run a mixed Deadman's and Pinewood as Round 11, then 3 special stages of Pinewood as Round 12. Unless anyone objects. The plan is then to send to Simon in good time for him to have the cars make a special appearance at Abergavenny as part of their Wye Valley Club 20th anniversary weekend. I'll probably be there egging Splitrim on and helping with marshalling duties.

trying something different here - using URL from a message to host the image of the shakedown.

post-16846-0-70221200-1534615274.png

wosautos12.gif

Hi Martyn

I only had 4 cars open (part from Barbs' and mine) and I would have sworn for each that I had reset all 4 to the screw settings shown underneath....but clearly in the case of car 2 I can't have....so humble apologies for that. It might explain a few things. But I did not check anyone else's screw settings.

In the case of my car, I know it's still pretty tight even with the screws backed off. I was loathe to go any further, as I didn't have longer screws to replace the original short Scaley ones. One of the "must-dos" for next year....along with sorting out Barbs' sticky guide.

Have fun mate...!

Cheers

Dave

• Upvote 1

So the box of cars arrived in Goods in bay, old Wayne Geary in the loading dock wets his pants when they turn up. I have to open the box and show him the cars. He's tickled pink to see them and calls all and sundry over to have a look.

Maybe you should run a round in the Goods in bay ...... get them to set up a track for next year :):)

• Upvote 1

Quickly read this post before it is deleted or i turn grey again

Gary

http://www.facebook.com/Rallyproxy2017

Really enjoyed running Special Stage 1 today. Always catches me out when you think "boy, this is a fast run" and it turns out average, then something you think is not so hot turns out to be a really decent time.

Cars that don't have much braking struggle on Deadman's, it has some longish straights going into tight bends. The wider tracked cars, a few of the Deltas, Metros and Audi's clunk the scenery in a few places and the Audi's all tend to porpoise in the watersplash. That said, here is the scores for SS1.

post-16846-0-53215100-1534632546.png

wosautos12.gif

End the round now!!! I'm ahead of the grandkids and Aqua.

Thanks for running this stage Snurf.

2019 NZ RTR Nationals Gt 3rd

2017 NZ RTR Nationals NSR Classic 2nd

2017 NZ RTR Nationals Group C 3rd

2017 NSR Classic Challenge 3rd

2015 NSR Classic Challenge 2nd

2014 NSR Classic Challenge 3rd

2015 Garden City Invitation Overall Champion

Bragging rights over the brats? Great news Branco :P OLD GUYS RULE!

Off to the garage for SS2 after my Shredded Wheat and coffee. Will do some low level shots and videos to explain why Deadmans is such a challenge for some cars, when SS3 is in the bag. May have to post of FB, as it's a tit getting free image hosting for me (suggestions welcome!).

wosautos12.gif

We posted the IoM round pics in our club page on Slotforum then simply used the url of those to post here. Clubs needing image hosting on SF have to request it, ours is updated every week so made sense to request hosting.

Life is like a box of Slot cars...B)

So two cars went sick on me before I started SS2.

teamreds car threw a braid - it was ugly! Replaced with two of similar length and shape and it's running a beaut now. JAMC's car had a meltdown on the "To the line" lap ready for the start.

I had noted it was poor on pick up in SS1 but would motor along well once spun up, so I gave it a full speed lap before actually starting. A weight was loose in the chassis and it took one of the motor leads off cleanly at the guide. Reglued the offending lump of lead, sorted out two new braids, and the times in SS2 speak for themselves. You can keep screws instead of top hat though ,a right pain to fettle on someone else's car! ;)

So SS2 is Deadman's run in reverse - compare your car's times to see which it preferred.

post-16846-0-18408300-1534712475.png

SS3 will revert to the original direction of travel. I'll run it tomorrow after work (Monday) and get as many pics up as time permits.

I may well post the photos to the WRP Facebook page in the first instance, then catch up on here when I have a viable photo sharing service in place.

wosautos12.gif

Thanks for the stage 2 results Snurf.

I posted pics on FB then transferred them from FB to SF, easy peasy lemon squeezy.

• Upvote 1

2019 NZ RTR Nationals Gt 3rd

2017 NZ RTR Nationals NSR Classic 2nd

2017 NZ RTR Nationals Group C 3rd

2017 NSR Classic Challenge 3rd

2015 NSR Classic Challenge 2nd

2014 NSR Classic Challenge 3rd

2015 Garden City Invitation Overall Champion

To be honest mate, it just feels sluggish or heavy. Handles like your cars normally do, very nicely, but she's lethargic under acceleration. If I get time this evening, I'll send you a video comparing your car with mine on the same stretch of track..

wosautos12.gif

Well my car appears to perform well in Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿. Can all remaining rounds run there ;-)

Hope this form continues into stage 3

Well the next round starts in Shropshire, which is next door to Wales, so it may do. And, the final UK round is back in Wales so keep you fingers, and anything else crossed Mr Monday.

My car is much happier now it's not running upside down

Simon

Whats not to like...........