Round 8 - Rally Isle Of Man - Part 1

slotcarmann

Morning all

Good news is the box of cars arrived on schedule from Leo this morning at 10am. :D

Barbs and I will be dusting off the cars this afternoon for a pre-competition test session at the Club and check to see if all is OK. I will have our cameras with us.

Barbs' and my cars will at long last make their debut, but I doubt whether they'll worry anybody else's entries too much - mind you, we

are on home "soil", as it were...! :wacko:

I'll post an update and some photos later.

Could somebody please pin this for me?

Cheers

Dave

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right way up...?

Is there one?

Got wheels top and bottom on mine for when it goes down under....it'll need it.... :lol:

Barbs is looking forward to our afternoon at the Club - she loves being involved.

Cheers

Dave

Edited by slotcarmann

Hi guys

Well....after the test today, I have some bad news...!

4 of the cars have locked rear wheels and won't run.

All 4 of them had the axle only in one of the axle bushings when I took them out of the box.

For 3 of them I was able to push the axle back into place but it is still locked tight.

The 4th car appears to have a broken bushing, but again the wheels are locked tight.

I won't name the cars, but I would like to investigate the problems and see if I can do a quick and easy fix tonight.

If I can, they'll be able to run tomorrow.

Otherwise it will be a DNS tomorrow and in Round 9 at the weekend, I'm afraid, as I have very limited time.

Unless I am told by the organisers within the next 4 hours that I can't open up the cars, I will proceed to see if I can do a fix on each of them.

Oh....Barbs car isn't the slowest, but it won't worry the quicker cars...! My car is just a pain....I wish it would stay in the slot. Maybe another 100gm of lead might help….lol

Cheers

Dave

Edited by slotcarmann

Hi guys

Have just looked at one of the cars - the one I thought had a broken axle bushing - and it was just that the axle bearing had popped out of the bushing on one side.

It has now been re-sited and the bearing glued into the bushing.

Fingers crossed...!

Cheers

Dave

Edited by slotcarmann

Hi guys

Good news update....all 4 cars have had their rear wheel bearings glued into the axle bushings and the rear axle turns.

The cars affected were: Nos. 2; 5; 20 and 46.

However, car 5's axle doesn't turn very freely, so will look at this back on the Club's track tomorrow, before we start.

Just need to sort out a sticky guide on Barbs' car and a weight issue with mine.

There are some very nippy cars amongst the crop this year...!

Wish everyone luck tomorrow....lol

Cheers

Dave

Edited by slotcarmann

Both Leo and myself had the same problem with a few cars, maybe they just weren't glued in to begin with and the turbulence in the planes unsettled the cars.

2019 NZ RTR Nationals Gt 3rd

2017 NZ RTR Nationals NSR Classic 2nd

2017 NZ RTR Nationals Group C 3rd

2017 NSR Classic Challenge 3rd

2015 NSR Classic Challenge 2nd

2014 NSR Classic Challenge 3rd

2015 Garden City Invitation Overall Champion

Thanks for looking at the cars mate . My axle was super glued in as well but with amount of racing it may well have come loose . I think we may never fix the postal mob except sending the cars in a metal container with foam filled sides . Anyway let's get this show on the road and see what it holds.

Cheers Craig

Craig

"You can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.

Hi guys

Had a 6 hour day down at the Club today....but after juggling for quite some time with the timing software on Ballayorkley to set up a single lane rally event, we still managed to get two stages done...! :D

Sadly, car 46 had a rear wheel work loose on the 2 lap warm-up for Stage 1, but all it needed was a spot of superglue in the hub and it was back in business.

I think I know who was quickest, but I won't say just yet, until I can balance that out by showing how close to the bottom my own car was. :blink:

Just going to have evening meal and then I'll crack on with the Stage 1 spreadsheet.

More later....

Cheers

Dave

OK folks

Don't want to keep you in suspenders any longer....here are the First Stage Results from Round 8 - Rally Isle of Man - Part 1

**** Errrm….can anyone remind me of the steps to post the results from where they are in Excel?

Sorry guys....brain fade.

Cheers

Dave

Edited by slotcarmann