Round 8 - Rally Isle Of Man - Part 1

slotcarmann

Thanks GAS....

I have no idea what I'm doing wrong.

Anyway, before we ran the Rd 8 Stage 1 yesterday, Barbs' old SCX proxy car swept the track for 20 or so laps to clear the dust off Ballayorkley, which is the club's 3 lane race track. We used the red lane, arguably the tighter and most difficult of the three.

Congratulations to GAS, JAMC and Alexis on achieving podium positions....you were just a touch better than the rest of the field. All the top six were a real pleasure to drive with no major issues on the track, which has some pretty fast wide sweeping bends.

Some of the others were not so comfortable, with several of them being a bit prone to hopping out of the slot at the front end, or tippy, or hopping with the sideways scrubbing on the wide bends: the Metros on the whole were not an easy drive.

There was less than 10 seconds between 4th and 16th after 25 laps, so that shows how close things were in the midfield area after three and a half minutes of track action. I was then a fair bit adrift, with a few close on my tail, but cars 20 and 69 propping up the field.

Photos will follow tonight, with Stage 2 results.

Back down to the Club shortly, for a further stage after lunch.

Cheers

Dave

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi GAS

The Round 8 Stage 2 result is in Dropbox as well as the aggregate scores after the first two stages...!

Hopefully you will be able to load these for me.

This stage was run over 25 laps of the Glencrutchery Road (or TT Grandstand) stage....a tight routed track.

I also have some photos which I will deal with early in the morning.

We managed to run the third and final Stage of Round 8 this afternoon, so results and overall standings after the whole of Round 8 will be available tomorrow.

On to Round 9, Stage 1 tomorrow, all being well...! :rolleyes:

Cheers

Dave

Dave, I have sent you a PM re posting results Pics etc

Edited by Ontheflipside

I can't believe that I wanted to grow up

Mount Salt Panorama Track Combined Road and Rally Track built near Salt Pan Creek Padstow - Sydney

A quick build rally track

2017 WRP Round 11 at Mt Salt Panorama

https://i128.photobu...zpss7sqiwfj.jpg

Hi guys

We have had a few more challenges with a couple of cars, including cars 46 and 20 again.

Car 46 had a wheel come off on its warm-up laps on Stage 2 and prior to Stage 3, car 20 had a guide wire break, which was replaced by a new one, thanks to Steve Morrow.

Car 46 has now started to run a bit more cleanly....lol.

Cheers

Dave

Trying to post images from Flickr, but I keep getting the message that I am not allowed to post images with that extension on this community.

Very frustrating - for you and me - I've spent hours trying to post stuff, but no joy so far.

https://www.flickr.c...4965@N05/albums

The whole of my Flickr contents seems to be there now....lol

Edited by slotcarmann

Hi guys

Will be out for a few hours now, but back in later, after 6pm.

I'll have the Stage 3 results and Overall Round 8 aggregate for you, plus a detailed report.

Thanks for your patience.

Cheers

Dave

Edited by slotcarmann

Dave, all I get is 'The folder ‘/WRP 2018’ doesn’t exist.'

...but it's possible to find the photo urls in the Flickr photos source code (right click mouse) - here's the group of cars on the Switchback Stage, Switchback Stage, plus Ballayorkley.

42151594880_3bfbf2a43f_c.jpg

43054857455_5aa9080135_z.jpg

43054872465_6daec76954_z.jpg

Life is like a box of Slot cars...B)

Thanks Kev.

Off down to the Club now to run Rd 9 Stage 1 on Switchback - reversed.

Then 2pm Stage 2 on Mike Buss' Car Park Stage.

Tonight I will play catch-up and get the rest of the Rd 8 results and photos up.

Tomorrow will be the 3rd and final stage of Round 9 on the classic Grandstand track - reversed.

We have switches to change the direction of each track used at the club, effectively giving us 2 stages for the price of one.

Then, whilst I catch up with posting the results for Round 9, the cars on Monday will be winging their way to the land of the leek....and snurfen….lol...!

Cheers

Dave

Edited by slotcarmann

Hi guys, Dave has given me permission to show the rest of the photos the same way, it'll take a little time but I'll start this afternoon. He doesn't know it but I just missed him this afternoon by a few minutes as I had to pick up a couple of items I left in the club room on Thurs night.

Edited by Kevan

I'm going to get the photos to show here, Dave will do the results. I've not seen any of them in action, only parked on Switchback on Thurs night...they're all impressive to study...I'm definitely interested in joining a future WRP