Round 7 - Rally Scotland

Scuderia_Turini

No it's nothing so complicated

your car's are now running upside down, and it's levelled out the playing field.

Think yourself lucky you don't live on the Equator, otherwise it your car would be running on its side...........

Simon

Whats not to like...........

WTG Team Kiwi.

Thanks for running this round Leo.

2019 NZ RTR Nationals Gt 3rd

2017 NZ RTR Nationals NSR Classic 2nd

2017 NZ RTR Nationals Group C 3rd

2017 NSR Classic Challenge 3rd

2015 NSR Classic Challenge 2nd

2014 NSR Classic Challenge 3rd

2015 Garden City Invitation Overall Champion

Difficult to photograph my Ninco Rally Layout, so here is a video. Its one continuous slot due to the loops.

http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/leocapaldi/Slot/images/Ninco_Layout_04-08-2018.mp4?showpage=true

Like_1.gifLike Scuderia Turini on Facebook Please Vote Up my postings - green arrow at top right :- )

PS Special mention for AquaKiwi's car... I don't see anything in the regs about the co-driver having to wear a crash-helmet. I think that one year there was a Kangaroo in a crew (?)

43633632732_0c8b7e9a50_o.jpg

I think Gazza started that trend a few years ago with chooks and dogs

I can't believe that I wanted to grow up

Mount Salt Panorama Track Combined Road and Rally Track built near Salt Pan Creek Padstow - Sydney

A quick build rally track

2017 WRP Round 11 at Mt Salt Panorama

https://i128.photobu...zpss7sqiwfj.jpg

Difficult to photograph my Ninco Rally Layout, so here is a video. Its one continuous slot due to the loops.

http://myweb.tiscali...4?showpage=true

Thanks for the Vid Leo. I think my driver was looking for the chicks around the track and didn't concentrate :P

Congrats to the Podiumites.

With the two Kiwi's up the top I think they have stuffed a few used sheep in the back of my car. and maybe yours Phil ^_^

Thanks for your great help Leo, running the round and getting the cars off to the Isle of Man so quick B)

Edited by Ontheflipside

I can't believe that I wanted to grow up

Mount Salt Panorama Track Combined Road and Rally Track built near Salt Pan Creek Padstow - Sydney

A quick build rally track

2017 WRP Round 11 at Mt Salt Panorama

https://i128.photobu...zpss7sqiwfj.jpg

The weight in Charlesx/Charles car must have been of benefit on the Ninco track where it seemed a disadvantage on my track.

There are some surprises to me in the above results.......... one car I am pleased to see in midfield now,

John Warren

Slotcars are my preferred reality

Congrats Charles on the performance of your Metro, so nearly beat the GAS man to the top spot , seems to be the year of the Kiwi in a couple of these proxies, 7th overall and 13 seconds behind the number 1 car not bad i suppose seeing how the car started the series , stil cannot work out how all my cars seem down on power had this comment in the IPS, Tasman, WRP, GP 5, must be the change in altitude chuckle.

Well done Leo,

Looking forward to get my hands on these after they've been to Isle of Man and South Wales, for Slot Rally England.

Good to see my middle field consistency has returned, although them pesky Kiwis seem to have it sorted.

Simon

Hi all.

Thanks for the congrats from those concerned but the previous rounds have hardly been a bed of roses. The variety of tracks in the WRP means many will have the chance to shine at some stage. One of the reasons I like the WRP. Last year I won one of the Wales rounds but fared far worse for the rest of the series. Who knows what this year will bring.

Munter I note your comment about the weight of my car. No heavier than last year when it was on the heavy side but not the heaviest. This is partly to compensate for the high C-of-G of the Metro but it has still been described as tippy. With the fixed motor/gearing/tyre combination there is little you can do as a point of difference. A lot of it comes down to the model selected.

Peter my car has also been described as slow or sluggish but clearly liked the plastic track. Munter in the previous round said it drove heavy. I know some competitors shop around for the best motor they can find but my policy has always been to use whatever was in the car (even if second hand). Perhaps I have been lucky but this policy has served me well. Remember too that while a good motor helps it is only part of the performance package. Be patient - your time will come.

Phil and Mel make sure you treat those sheep humanely. One of the reasons for selecting the Metro was the superior headroom so my sheep can travel in comfort.

Regards Chas Le Breton (charlesx)

Edited by charlesx

Charles been doing this proxy for some time and in the good old days found the 81 motors we were using to be more consistant so it came down to prep , can still prep a car but finding the scaley motors are not consistant apparantly by looking at the differance in performance, a lot of differance actually, same can be said of the IPS another BASIC motor proxy but once again lots of motor performance differance , would just like to be able to give the likes of Gas and Aquakiwi and the usual top runners a run for their money before i call it a day.

Hi Peter.

SCX??? You guys are living in the past. Mind you I still have my SCX Toyota so it would be good to give it another run sometimes.

Agree there is the occasional really good Scaly motor but this can happen with many brands. In my experience most Scaly motors are reasonable and I am yet to get a bad one. I have lots of Scaly cars which I race on a regular basis.

My recollection with the many proxies we both race in is that you have your share of better performances. While the occasional podium is good I enter these events for the thrill of competing and watching the racing and results from afar. Something I hope to do for many years to come.

Regards Chas Le Breton (charlesx)

Edited by charlesx

Agreed Chas

I do this to take part, with the knowledge that a little car that came from China to me, has travelled around the globe visiting some of the interesting tracks I've seen online since I joined these Slotcar Fora 10 years ago.

This year I'm going to be lucky enough to run them on my local tracks too

Let's keep it rolling.....

Simon