Sideways 935 Sw37

Slotspeed

Hi,

Have seen a 2015 Sideways 935 at a good price. Those models had some Slot.it parts and this one has a Slot.it flat 6 20500rpm motor in anglewinder configuration. My experience with Sideways has so far been with a late 2017 model GT3 Hurracan, with the baby raptor 17k 245g/cm motor. This car is perfect for my track in its standard build and I was wondering if the 935 would be a good match for it in performance? The Hurracan blows me away in speed, handling and how easy it is to drive, and I'm looking for something to race with it at home. Can I expect similar performance from the older 935 with Slot.it motor? One difference I notice is that the 935 has a magnet, whereas the Hurracan dosen't though the motor might have some very minor magnetic downforce/attraction but not much at all. I would be pulling the magnet out of the 935 as I don't like them.

Cheers for any thoughts.

Havent driven a Hurracan but have driven several of the 935's.

The Porches are quite small and that can make it a challenge for them to compete against cars that are longer wheelbase and wider track.

John Warren

Slotcars are my preferred reality

I've raced the 935 at WASCRG for the last 2-3 years and it has been the car to beat.

The 2 I have are both fitted with the Slot.it flat 6 yellow motor and both go well (Jagermeister and the gulf liveries).

I don't have a Lambo (yet) so can't give you a comparison, sorry.

We race on a 4 lane timber track with a ferrodore finish.

I actually purchase the Sideways BMW M1 BASF to race, tuned it a little but won the Jägermeister 935 in the club raffle.

Straight out of the box the 935 was laying down better times than the M1, could be my driving style but for 2 seasons the 935 was unbeatable.

You may find the Slot.it flat 6 motor has a little more grunt than the baby raptor as the flat 6 motor is quite punchy and over 3,000 rpm more in revs at the same voltage. Apart from that there will probably not be a heap of performance difference as I have found the Porsche to drive pretty well. You may find the Hurrican is a little better handing so this might even it up somewhat.

I run one with a Thunderslot 21.5k as sidewinder in the NZ Proxy. (Is a bit easier to drive than it was with the Flat6).

They take a bit of setting IMHO but is a rocket ship after that. The extra speed might help even if up with the Huracan’s easier handling over a lap.

BTW, Mattc- we find the BMW’s fastest on our wood tracks, but that might be just simpler to set up without a magnet...

For 2 seasons the 935 was unbeatable Difinity.

But this season a JPS BMW M1 has beaten me to the crunch in the races I have attended.

Don't know if it is the car, or my lack of racing this year but the bloke who drives it is one of the best in the club.

And he is driving it very well.

cheers

Matt

Thank you for those opinions based on experience, appreciate it. Been a bit tight at home with some very big expenses, problem is just deciding which car to ask the familiy to get for me for my birthday :D Had a 935 Martini livery RC car as a kid. It never really worked properly but I just loved watching it go around in circles. Now I have a chance to watch another one go around in circles hahaha. I kind of would like something that dosen't need much setting up. Just spent way too much time and money trying to tame a Carrera 917k. Need some easy speed and handling this time!

I have also seen photos of the underside of three different Sideways 935's. The chassis was different on each one! Do they drive/handle similar between the different editions?

Edited by Slotspeed