2018 Tasman Cup Round 7 "the Finale"

Stubbo

The final race of this years series will be a new venue, Manimmal's Masonite Mountain.

Normally we race at Cheltenham but the track requires a few repairs that will not be done in time so Chris has come to the party and I am sure his track will be a great venue for the finale.

The cars are already with Chris and we are just working on finalising the date for the race.

Stay tuned.

Alan Stubbings

The vic members home tracks thread shows my track in mark 2 configuration. It's now a few metres longer now in mark 3 configuration. The track is 20.20 metres long, with lane variation 8mm red to blue, and 20mm blue to yellow. I'll work on getting some fresh images onto the forum.

My mum says I'm an excellent driver

We moved two years ago and the track was 5cm too long to fit in the 6x6 garage. The solution? Add another track section.... The lap length is 8 metres longer than the last time the track hosted a proxy.

Hi Manimmal.

Why not extend garage ha ha. Track looks great. Thanks for the picture. Look to running of round. Always good to see a new track introduced but hopefully Cheltenham will be repaired soon.

Regards Chas Le Breton (charlesx@xtra.co.nz).

We moved two years ago and the track was 5cm too long to fit in the 6x6 garage. The solution? Add another track section.... The lap length is 8 metres longer than the last time the track hosted a proxy.

I like your logic Chris.

Good looking track!

Good morning all,

The final race of this years series is going to be run this Saturday.

Qualifying has been done but I wont be able to post up the results until later today or this evening.

I can tell you the top three qualifying cars are #3 #8 and #12.

Alan Stubbings

Hi John,

In this case a stringer is a piece of wood that ties two or more pieces of the track surface together.

From what I understand Chris's track is made from masonite sheet, hence the name The sheet usually about 1/4" (6mm) thick had the slot cut straight through and you would have all these loose pieces as you cut the slots through.The stringer was attached underneath usually as part of the base frame to tie the track pieces together. This meant that the slot didn't have a bottom and you could see all the way through to the floor. This method was fairly common in the 60's. The original Milluna Modellers club track was built this way too, One of the original members told me that they hand cut all the power rails out of brass shim instead of using copper braid. Each piece had to be individually cut to fit that piece of track and they pinned it down to the masonite. We were racing on that track into the mid 1980's.

Alan

Edited by lenny broke

Welcome race fans to the final of the Tasman for 2018.

The weather for today is putrid. It's cold and wet, so we expect our drivers to be soaked through by the time they finish their stints. Grip will be down, so competitors who struggled for grip in practice are not expected to move up the order.

Good luck to all our competitors, race hard, race safe, and enjoy yourselves.

Good Evening all,

Well the race is done and dusted. The drivers today were Chris, Neil and myself. Thanks to Neil's son for his help as well.

This was my first time driving at this track so my times were quite a bit slower than the others but it was the same for everyone.

A couple of surprises in the results. I think there may be a little bit of shuffling in the series standings but I will have to complete that tomorrow.

WE did get some pictures and I will get to those as soon as I can.

So here we go

072314.jpg

We lost the fastest time for #17 on lane 2 but the total laps was correct.

T6T09vX.jpg

Edited by Stubbo

Alan Stubbings