Atcc/bathurst Proxy Round 6 -Oz - Bonython Blacks

difinity

The time has come - the final proxy round on my little twister before I pull it apart and relocate interstate.

Thanks for quick NZ post - qualifying and practice is tonight.

Race tomorrow night. Results prob up after the weekend when I gat back home. Will do what I can.

Track details in previous threads, but smooth semigloss wood, just 13m long with an average 4-5 sec lap for 18k classes, with a corkscrew, hairpin and donut to test handling. Outright lap record was 3.8 during the 2017 CanAm Proxy so this should not be too far behind.

Cheers,

Tony

Good luck with this round Tony.

2019 NZ RTR Nationals Gt 3rd

2017 NZ RTR Nationals NSR Classic 2nd

2017 NZ RTR Nationals Group C 3rd

2017 NSR Classic Challenge 3rd

2015 NSR Classic Challenge 2nd

2014 NSR Classic Challenge 3rd

2015 Garden City Invitation Overall Champion

Practise is run. Some very fast cars here - typical for an NZ proxy...😄

I cleaned tyres on a wet sponge and ran 13 laps on Yellow.

Gas41T is on top - as expected. A couple (incl Mary) struggled with the tight corners - not enough slip or thwybrolled the guide out. Don’t know what happened to Mary’s EH - tyres have let her down a lot.

Here is a picture of the spreadsheet with fastest time and a few notes. If I haven’t said anything, your car is good and will race well.

31916215-E649-4961-A83E-5EA28137A952_zpsmrumdqhn.jpg

Ok. Run and won.

A (mostly) good and fun set of cars to race. Some very fast and smooth (they are at the front), some too fast for their own good and a couple of sad cases (my Monaro included). Really though no really bad cars, and most of this field would sit in the front half of the CanAm Proxy we had last year... amazing.

A special thanks to our drivers (Alvaro, Chris, Paul, Ben and myself) and to those of us marshalling. Details and results are below:

46B90F2B-119E-4711-8C70-55C7FB3FC9BB_zpseaisf6ms.jpg

The motley crew

6BA36C7D-A5DB-4635-B772-B0B7E63E6B5E_zps5w4kwu3u.jpg

The pack in race finish order

5B001C52-695C-4CE0-9E38-B89DB8169DAA_zpsakxmbeqm.jpg

EFF26A5E-AEE8-4EA8-B07D-6A75B77C5AB5_zpsptwbxkde.jpg

Viv, one of your flares has come loose (riding the wall I think). Will re-glue before sending off.

David, I may need a penalty for both my Monaro and Mary’s EH. I took the chance to replace both sets of damaged rear tyres. Both now with MJKs.

Thanks,

Tony

Thanks for the run gentlemen. You look like it is a little cool my driver said he needed some long johns as the weather is cooling off. I can see that the top 5 are running well and congrats to them

Aloha

Dale

Thanks for running the round guys, hope you enjoyed it and thanks for getting the Galaxie just shy of the podium (surprised) and congrats to those that made the podium.

Thanks guys. Was an enjoyable race night.

Wobble,

The Galaxie loved the flow on my track. A bit taily on the sweeper and donut slowed it down slightly compared to the quick Falcons, but with that motor was easier to drive and well balanced.

All,

The M3 and long can Siera’s just had too much motor for their chassis on my right track. Very hard to get the M3 to flow at all - it tended to jump out on brakes and power...

Gazza’s Falcon and Branco’s Camaro had too much grip as well - would not slide enough to get smoothly around the right corners.

Munter - I love your jaildoor chassis, but it too wouldn’t slide enough.

David - yours and my Monaro slid too much - maybe too much angle in the guide, I’m not sure...

I’m hoping to move the track to my new place, but will need to mid it a bit to fit. Hopefully ready later in the year for the Gp.5 - I’ll let you know. Will become the Snowy Mountains Cooma Raceway (SMCR) as I’m off to the high and cold country...

• Upvote 2

Thanks for the run Paul & congrats to the podemites & thankyou to the drivers for looking after our toys.

Alvaro was at the Bull Ring MCN last month & impressed me with his driving so I know the cars were in good hands,

bring on the next round.

Cheers Jimmy :D

To finsh first,first you gotta finish

Ok. Run and won.

A (mostly) good and fun set of cars to race. Some very fast and smooth (they are at the front), some too fast for their own good and a couple of sad cases (my Monaro included). Really though no really bad cars, and most of this field would sit in the front half of the CanAm Proxy we had last year... amazing.

A special thanks to our drivers (Alvaro, Chris, Paul, Ben and myself) and to those of us marshalling. Details and results are below:

46B90F2B-119E-4711-8C70-55C7FB3FC9BB_zpseaisf6ms.jpg

The motley crew

6BA36C7D-A5DB-4635-B772-B0B7E63E6B5E_zps5w4kwu3u.jpg

The pack in race finish order

5B001C52-695C-4CE0-9E38-B89DB8169DAA_zpsakxmbeqm.jpg

EFF26A5E-AEE8-4EA8-B07D-6A75B77C5AB5_zpsptwbxkde.jpg

Viv, one of your flares has come loose (riding the wall I think). Will re-glue before sending off.

David, I may need a penalty for both my Monaro and Mary's EH. I took the chance to replace both sets of damaged rear tyres. Both now with MJKs.

Thanks,

Tony

Fords to the front of me,Fords either side & a dirty big Black bimmer up my arse

Think I might be coming down with something :blink:

Cheers Jimmy :D

To finsh first,first you gotta finish

Thanks for the run Difinity.

2019 NZ RTR Nationals Gt 3rd

2017 NZ RTR Nationals NSR Classic 2nd

2017 NZ RTR Nationals Group C 3rd

2017 NSR Classic Challenge 3rd

2015 NSR Classic Challenge 2nd

2014 NSR Classic Challenge 3rd

2015 Garden City Invitation Overall Champion

Thanks Difinity and your team for running Rnd 6. Congrads to the top 3. Looks like #17 struggled a bit on your track. See how Rnd 7 goes.

A beautiful car to drive and much quicker than a Sierra ought to be. Difference I think is in the short can motor, though a long can would have been too difficult to drive. You should be proud of your car.