Tasman Cup 2018 Round 6 Fulham Park Raceway S.a.

John FPR7

Hi, The Tasman Cup 2018 cars should arrive FPR early this week for round 6.

Lenny is effecting some repairs to some cars so they should be almost ready to run when they arrive, .

I will give them a test run soon after they arrive. Not sure when qualifying will occur yet but should be about Wednesday 13th of June . Round 6 should occur on Saturday afternoon on the 16th.

The judging of the Constructors award will be performed as well.

I will post the circuit details soon but nothing much has changed from 2017.

Looking forward to a good day of racing next Saturday and good luck to the competitors .

Cheers, John

Hi. Lenny dropped the cars off this afternoon. He had rectified the cars with problems. They all went to their ownstandard in testing . Below are the reports on the testing.

There was variation in the amount of tyre grip on the cars . Some tyres had feathering on the surface. The grip may improve with use on some with the smooth FPR surface and lower speeds on the smaller FPR track

Certainly a higher standard for most cars than last year but some have lost a bit . The detail on many of the cars is really good this year.

So the constructors judging will be interesting . I should be able to do the qualifying tomorrow so stay tuned.

I added some columns to the Test drive table as a way to compare cars

Until tomorrow cheers

Screen_Shot_2018-06-11_at_11.19.13_pm.png

Thanks for the good start John. Hope your health is being kind. See I am about mid-field so here is hoping car can carry this through to qualifying and race.

About time I spent some more time on my Tasman cars though as all have fallen well behind.

Happy memories of my time in Adelaide a couple of years ago. One of these days I will finish those other cars.

Regards from NZ Charles Le Breton (charlesx)

Good we met in Adelaide Charles and thanks again for the work you did re the formulation of our Formula 1 championships.We have the championship running this Friday . That will tune in the drivers for the Round 6 the next day. Hope you are in good health. I am up for another op in July so 8 weeks recovery after that but feel good otherwise.

Your car does show promise on FPR so hopefully it will hold the position in qualifying. Will be good to see some of your updated cars when you get the chance to complete them.

Cheers Charles

Podium_Qualify_2018.jpg

Results_Qualify_2018.png

So Qualifying done. Stu's car certainly is a step above the rest of the field on FPR . It is very quick but may catch a few drivers out entering the corners too fast. When the flag drops all will be revealed.

So the cars have to wait now until Saturday afternoon. Cheers, John

The performance of my car is becoming embarrassing and it seems to be largely down to the tyres. I did include a spare set of wheels and tyres when I gave the car to Alan. Would it be possible to try them on the Ferrari please? I'm not bothered about taking a penalty, its not as though its going to make a difference to my overall position in the championship!

Best Regards

David

• Upvote 1

All done - the Round 6 of the Tasman Cup Proxy Race 2018 at Fulham Park Raceway. Congratulations to sdeamon for a fine win and taking out round 5 as well. Very close behind was Slo1quick in 2nd followed very closely

by John Batich. Terry followed in fourth . The final placings again came down to a few de-slots making the difference. Judging by the drivers comments the top 3 cars were very stable and easier to drive.

This I think is probably the most important feature for the car to have - maybe more than just being able to pull a very quick lap .

A very big thanks to the drivers , marshalls & the good ladies who provided lunch & afternoon tea - thanks Marilyn and Sue.

Thanks to the Tasmanians for sending over some cool weather - 6.9 degrees as we finished the day.

Thanks to Stubbo for organising the Proxy and allocating FPR this round.

I will prepare the results of the motor test cars tomorrow

Tasman_Cup_R6_FPR_Results.png

Well done to SD, Slo and JB on the podium position a strong bunch of cars especially the top 4 at FPR

I think Lenny was surprised

Shocked and stunned....& not a little amazed more like it. Couldn't they get anyone else :huh:

but thank you John and whoever else judged the award I feel quite chuffed. :rolleyes:

Cheer's, Alan

Edited by lenny broke

Now the motor test car results

Car #26 - Lotus 24 . FPR 7 - 2015 in the Tasman Cup - fitted with a SRP 18k ff motor - total laps 108.098 fastest lap 6.226

Car #16 - Elfin Mono FPR 7 - 2017 in the Tasman Cup - fitted with a SRP 18k ff motor - total laps 107.001 fastest lap 6.462

Car # 4 - Cooper T62 Lenny Broke - 2017 in the Tasman Cup - fitted with a Chinese ?k ff motor - total laps 106.769 fastest lap 6.256 - Phil Kalbfell supplied the motor

Car #26 - Lotus 24 BRM Max Newcombe - 2017 in the Tasman Cup - fitted with a SRP 16k ff motor - total laps 104.140 fastest lap 6.226

The drivers report very little difference between all 4 cars as far as speed goes . would be happy to see any of the 3 motors in the 2019 Tasman Cup

It seems none were as quick as the top cars this year - maybe the chassis & handling is better on this years cars

The would fit in to between 5 th and 13th place in this years round 6 results.

Congrats sdeamon on your win, a very good car on the faster and slower tracks. It certainly has some go, the Mjk's working well too, an interesting choice. Well done!

Pretty chuffed with 2nd. Congrats to John B too and Terry not too far away.

Thanks John on a very well run round, no messing around, lots of good feedback and thoughts and all done and dusted very quickly. And thanks to the Drivers and Marshals and Ladies too, top Job!

What gearing did the the 18k spec motors run John?

Edited by slo1quick

Casualties in round 6 were

Bunyip's car completely lost one braid in a heat so only scored 11 laps on blue Lane . The braid was replaced and the car continued on in the

following heats.

The body was detached from Phil's #9 . The mounting post just came unstuck from the body so will re-glue with Canopy glue

if that is ok Phil - it did the final part of one heat with the body just sitting on . Then it was held with some tape after that.

Stu #3 your body came off in a heat but continued on in the same fashion. I can use some canopy glue as well if you wish

the cup is still attached to the body.

Both body losses did not seem to occur after any hard impact - just while marshalling - so perhaps weakened in previous rounds ?

The exhaust fell off Phill's grand kid #1 - so can also re-glue with canopy glue if you wish Phil

The RH mirror fell off Peter Gunn's #14 - so will attempt to re- glue if you wish

Will wait for further directions on these repairs

Constructors.jpg

I think Lenny was surprised - He has been awarded the FPR Constructors trophy for 2018

Nice , neat & well designed chassis and suspension detail - and a very nice detail on the body of car.

Stunned I would say!

Thanks for the run boys, good turnout of drivers and marshalls.

Quite happy with my BRP, to finish 4th is pleasing.

Thanks John and all the guys at FPR.

Well done Sdeamon again.

Congratulations to Alan on the constructors award.

Thanks also for the test drive with the other motors (I'll compile a spreadsheet when I can and we can get the discussion going properly and reach a decision)

John, I'll email you the address to send the cars.

Once again thanks to all at FPR

Alan Stubbings

Congratulations to those on the podium well done.

Thanks to all at FPR for running this round.

John I am not sure about canopy glue for the body post, I used 2 pack epoxy that was not strong enough, may be a bit if super glue?

Edited by kalbfellp