Tasman Cup 2018 Round 6 Fulham Park Raceway S.a.

round 6 tasman cup 2018 FPR

34 replies to this topic

#21 John FPR7

Kart Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 17 June 2018 - 08:04 AM

Casualties in round 6 were
Bunyip's car completely lost one braid in a heat so only scored 11 laps on blue Lane . The braid was replaced and the car continued on in the
following heats.
The body was detached from Phil's #9 . The mounting post just came unstuck from the body so will re-glue with Canopy glue
if that is ok Phil - it did the final part of one heat with the body just sitting on . Then it was held with some tape after that.
Stu #3 your body came off in a heat but continued on in the same fashion. I can use some canopy glue as well if you wish
the cup is still attached to the body.
Both body losses did not seem to occur after any hard impact - just while marshalling - so perhaps weakened in previous rounds ?
The exhaust fell off Phill's grand kid #1 - so can also re-glue with canopy glue if you wish Phil
The RH mirror fell off Peter Gunn's #14 - so will attempt to re- glue if you wish
Will wait for further directions on these repairs

#22 slo1quick

V8 Fujitsu Series Driver

• Auslotters
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,219 posts

Posted 17 June 2018 - 08:26 AM

Hi John, yes please glue it back on, thanks, thumbs up.

Congratulations To Lenny B on the constructors award, a very nice car with a very nice chassis! You'll love the trophy, I'm sure it will be a ripper!

cheers
"Me Auntie's a Jack !!!"

#23 terry

V8 Fujitsu Series Driver

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,535 posts

Posted 17 June 2018 - 08:47 AM

View PostJohn FPR7, on 16 June 2018 - 10:00 PM, said:

Posted Image

I think Lenny was surprised - He has been awarded the FPR Constructors trophy for 2018
Nice , neat & well designed chassis and suspension detail - and a very nice detail on the body of car.

Stunned I would say!

Thanks for the run boys, good turnout of drivers and marshalls.

Quite happy with my BRP, to finish 4th is pleasing.

#24 Stubbo

Classic Racer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,532 posts

Posted 17 June 2018 - 08:58 AM

Thanks John and all the guys at FPR.

Well done Sdeamon again.

Congratulations to Alan on the constructors award.

Thanks also for the test drive with the other motors (I'll compile a spreadsheet when I can and we can get the discussion going properly and reach a decision)

John, I'll email you the address to send the cars.

Once again thanks to all at FPR
Alan Stubbings

#25 kalbfellp

Formula 1 Driver

• Auslotters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,735 posts

Posted 17 June 2018 - 09:03 AM

Congratulations to those on the podium well done.
Thanks to all at FPR for running this round.

John I am not sure about canopy glue for the body post, I used 2 pack epoxy that was not strong enough, may be a bit if super glue?

Edited by kalbfellp, 17 June 2018 - 09:05 AM.

#26 John FPR7

Kart Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 17 June 2018 - 11:03 AM

Hi Phil , I have regaled the body with Locktite super glue, also replaced the exhaust pipe - was on #9 not #1
I drilled each piece & used a small piece of brass wire & super glue .
The is some damage to paintwork on both of your cars . This is due to lane sticker removal.
It is on the mid nose area, The sticker marshal did de-stick the lane colour electrical tape with his fingers before applying
and was upset to see the paint lift with the sticker. He was very careful in placing stickers away from decals but maybe the paint adherence
was not good enough to hold against the sticker removal. There were no other issues with other cars,

I have re-glued your body Stu - that was easy. also re-glued the RH mirror as it was loose

I have replaced the cast mirror on the #14 car. I used a small piece of brass wire to replace the small stud that goes through the windscreen
That had broken off.

The exhaust tail pipe on #41 has also been replaced & glued .

So I will now pack the cars ready for shipping to Stubbo.

#27 slo1quick

V8 Fujitsu Series Driver

• Auslotters
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,219 posts

Posted 17 June 2018 - 11:52 AM

Thanks John
"Me Auntie's a Jack !!!"

#28 sdeamon

Kart Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 17 June 2018 - 12:33 PM

thanks john for round 6 Congrats to slo1quick and john batich

#29 Peter Gunn

V8 Fujitsu Series Driver

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,133 posts

Posted 17 June 2018 - 03:03 PM

Thanks for the mirror repair on 14 John find those cast things that come with the kit a right pain pity they are not plastic really, if anyone knows of any plastic canopy mirrors to fit these cars would be greatful if they would help in this matter cheers

#30 David Micham

Video Game Driver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 18 June 2018 - 01:18 AM

Hi Alan

Many thanks to you and all who helped in organising and running the race. Congratulations to the top three and to Alan for the Constructors Cup.

Best Regards

David

#31 kalbfellp

Formula 1 Driver

• Auslotters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,735 posts

Posted 18 June 2018 - 08:24 AM

Keith I have cast some mirrors in Eurethane, but cannot get paint to stick to them. So intend to try some metallic silver pigment to see how thst goes.

#32 charlesx

V8 Supercar Driver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,482 posts

Posted 18 June 2018 - 08:45 AM

Hi John and all.

After qualifying and reading drivers comments (only one of whom mentioned de-slotting) had hoped I would have gone much better but it is on the day that counts. Clearly I have some work to do. Congrats to the podiumites, organisers, drivers, marshals and especially the ladies for looking after you all so well. As always a most interesting round.

Was surprised however when one of the drivers said my car was quite fast (presume meant in a straight line) as all other reports have stated BWA motor sadly lacking in that department.

Any bother comments most welcome. Funny though that in 4 x VRAA competitions I do not ever recall having the same issue. Perhaps its related to the different grip in Aussie. At least sounds like my car is hanging together.

Regards Chas Le Breton (charlesx)

#33 lenny broke

7th runner up 1978 South Australian Womp Championship

• Auslotters
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,425 posts

Posted 18 June 2018 - 12:28 PM

Hi Chas
Yes it was me that made the deslot comment. Your car is basically very good but personally i find it unpredictable into corners. It will go round for a good few laps at the same pace then just ride out of the slot.
40 years of listening to others advice and finding out for myself tells me what I think the problem is. If you don't agree that's OK with me. I look forward to seeing your new car next year.
Good times to ya! :)
Alan

#34 difinity

Difinity

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 923 posts

Posted 18 June 2018 - 04:21 PM

On mirrors, I made mine (#6 cooper) from a small plastic rod, cupped at one end, and threaded through with a small length of superfine piano wire. Filled with glue for the mirror surface.
Drilled the canopy, threaded through and glued in place on the body. Seems to work.

Tony

#35 charlesx

V8 Supercar Driver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,482 posts

Posted 18 June 2018 - 05:16 PM

Thanks Lenny/Alan.

I appreciate and value your advice. The quick run I gave the car before I sent away showed the same tendency but it was marginally better than the Brabham and I thought it might perform better on the OZ tracks. Not the case.

The Brabham will definitely be coming back next time but I need to sort out the tyres. Problem is the 13" wheels which makes tyre availability very limited. Phil was kind enough to give me some last year but I must have damaged (poor storage) as the car was quite loose. Previously I had used Dart Hobbies tyres but thought I could improve on these.

My modelling of Denny Hulme's Pukekohe car which was fitted with 13" wheels is probably source of problem. I might have to go with Longford car that I think had 14" wheels. I have the book "The Brabham Story" so hopefully there is something in there. If OK I can then use my normal PG tyres.

Currently busy working on my SCCA Lotus 30 and my Supercheap Holden for Touring Car Proxy when it gets back from USA.

Regards Chas Le Breton

Edited by charlesx, 18 June 2018 - 07:48 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users