Round 4 Shelmore Hillclimb

kalbfellp

Thanks for your rounds Phil. Great to have new tracks in the series

Great pics as well.

I'm back and almost normal :)

Points%20Table%20at%20RND%204_zpszrumx3dl.jpg?t=1528935058

Edited by Ontheflipside

I can't believe that I wanted to grow up

Mount Salt Panorama Track Combined Road and Rally Track built near Salt Pan Creek Padstow - Sydney

A quick build rally track

2017 WRP Round 11 at Mt Salt Panorama

https://i128.photobu...zpss7sqiwfj.jpg

Hi Branco. I actually offered to help if any rounds were to be held in NZ but never heard any more. I will now have to be content watching. Have fun.

Hi Craig. Those planes are called "Flying Pencils".

Regards Chas Le Breton

PS. It might be just the push I need to finally build a rally track myself. I see there is a good looking one for sale in Canterbury, NZ at moment.

Edited by charlesx

Round 3 and 4 driving impressions

These comment only apply to my impessions on driving the cars on my two tracks.

The tracks have different surface.

Rally tarck has a combination of ferodore and Dulux suede effect.

Hillclimb has two different types of Suede effect with different textures.

No 1 Good car, not as smooth as No4 0r 27 and did not like any hits on the scenery.

No2 Good car, seems a little down on power compared to No27 and bounces on the tight corners.

No 4 Best on these tracks, home track advantage, feel a little down on power.

No 5 Just bounces on the very tight corners so has to be driven smooth.

No6 Best to drive of the Lancias, very smooth just seems a bit down on power.

No 7 No real problems, bouncing on the rally track out of the corners, not as bad on the faster Hillclimb

No 8 This car feels like the rear tyres have square edges or the tyres are not glued.

No11 Good to drive but a bit unpredictable.

No 13 Typical of the Audis hard to keep off the scenery, this one feels heavy when driving.

No 17 Just need more development, should get the kids to finish it!

NO 19 Very smooth great car on the rally track the short wheelbase made it hard to drive fast on the Hillclimb.

No 20 This car need to guide sorted, it is too long out the front of the car and loose in the pivot.

No 27 Very good car with plenty of power, Possible would be better with a sprung guide? Also clearance was a problem on the rally track hump.

No 33 The guide sticks and does not turn smoothly, maybe also a bit more weight for these tracks

No 46 Best of the Audis, very easy to drive, these cars feel like they have too much body weight in the rear.

No 54 This car feels very light, bounces out of every corner and hits the scenery on most corners and deslots.

No 62 The guide on this car sticks up and the spring will not push it down. Pulling the guide down helped but would go back up into the chassis in a couple of laps.

No 74 Very good smooth car no real faults.

No 88 Feels good for few laps then suddenly de slots, could not seem to see why.

Thanks for all the car info Phil . It's weird that you can drive a car for so many laps without any probs , then all of a sudden it will deslot in the same place . The many wonders of slot car racing. On my car , i was going to move it a little more forward but it decided to leave it alone . But , what works at my track doesn't mean it will work at another. I think I will have to have that placed at the bottom of Proxy Rules . We keep saying that alot :rolleyes:;):D .

Thanks for the correction Chas as when my brother was over there a while ago with his AC/ DC concept band they heard Air Pencil .

Cheers Craig

Edited by teamredracing

Craig

"You can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.

Hi Phil. Yes tyres probably square like me. Could have sworn I glued them on but still using that Uhu glue. Have to have some excure for getting beaten by the Aussies.

Thanks for the great report on car performance.

Regards Chas Le Breton

Aqua, you are more than welcome to host a round if you desire.

I'm sure it can be arranged and what's another week of fun!!!

I will at some stage,just need to set the track up which wont happen for a month or so. Phil thanks for comments car obviously erratic..........like me. Edited by Aquakiwi1952