Round 2 Casula

gazza

Well round 2 has finally kicked off after some serious track and electronic fixeruppering and a few hiccups during the day and a couple of problem cars, but more on them before the start of stage two

Yesterday was a bit cold and wet in the morning and didn't get much better for the rest of the day, but even though the track had been cleaned and rubbered up, it was with the constant lapping of the cars managed to get a good racing line down for the rest of the stages.

The hairpin as always caused many to faultier

So here's the results for Stage 1

b_060057.jpg

Jonnynobbers car was a Elvis entry (return to sender) he changed address during last year and didn't tell us before it was returned to him after last year, so it arrived back here a week before the start and was included in this years event

Some of the action

x_115741.jpg

x_123056.jpg

x_123748.jpg

x_121231.jpg

x_121557.jpg

x_115600.jpg

x_105542.jpg

x_104308.jpg

x_105209.jpg

x_121011.jpg

x_121954.jpg

x_115151.jpg

x_103355.jpg

x_121422.jpg

x_122300.jpg

x_105403.jpg

x_103030.jpg

x_102326.jpg

Onto Stage 2

Quickly read this post before it is deleted or i turn grey again

Gary

http://www.facebook.com/Rallyproxy2017

Cheers Gazza

2019 NZ RTR Nationals Gt 3rd

2017 NZ RTR Nationals NSR Classic 2nd

2017 NZ RTR Nationals Group C 3rd

2017 NSR Classic Challenge 3rd

2015 NSR Classic Challenge 2nd

2014 NSR Classic Challenge 3rd

2015 Garden City Invitation Overall Champion

Great action shots.

2019 NZ RTR Nationals Gt 3rd

2017 NZ RTR Nationals NSR Classic 2nd

2017 NZ RTR Nationals Group C 3rd

2017 NSR Classic Challenge 3rd

2015 NSR Classic Challenge 2nd

2014 NSR Classic Challenge 3rd

2015 Garden City Invitation Overall Champion

Interesting comparison between first stage last year and this year

b_060057.jpgb_202055.jpg

Both run 3 x 8 lap stages, when the first stage was run it was a little fresh in the shed, so track hadn't warmed up yet

Will have to see how the other stages end up, still any ones race at the moment.

Gary

First up, the Snurfmoble finally arrived and i've put him in the stage 2 and 3, he'll be bottom of the points but that's what you get from relying on the UK postal service.

Now a couple of problems with some of the cars.

Aquakiwi's RS200

The guide that is fitted is to deep for some sections of my track, mainly the hairpin, could not negotiate it nor the little dip straight after.

105953.jpg

It even has trouble on some old Scalextic track, with it clicking at every brace, this might be a problem at Leo's and Alexis tracks as well

The rest of the track is fine and it goes quite well and could be on top but loosing 1-2 seconds a lap on the hairpin is fatal.

Mondeo74's RS200

Using the larger Ninco sprung guide is ok, but it needs to be trimmed at the base to fit in the guide housing and the smaller 1/32 B Nova fitting would allow the trimmed guide to fit in the recess and lower the front end

x_103002.jpg

Also the front axle is glued in place, but has too much height making it very tippy on tight corners, good speed though.

x_102928.jpg

The MG's go well, they just drive on a twisty track as if they are all top heavy, performance is good, just can't be pushed.

The Audi's all feel like they are about to fall over, very noisy and some are very unstable

Peter Gunn's RS200

The first stage saw the car slipping and trying to get some traction in places.

At the start of the second stage it was the only car to short out the transformer and stop all power to the track.

​A inspection of the undercarriage revealed a problem .......

x_135418.jpg

The lead weight that had been placed where the magnet had been was protruding well past the housing (not level) was shorting out on the track braid.

x_135322.jpg

Chassis

Balancing weights may be placed inside the chassis. Lead weights must be painted, the digital plate at the front of the chassis as well as the grill under the engine may be removed and a piece of lead put in it's place, It must be level with the bottom of the chassis, the rear magnet position may also be used for lead weight, but the lead must be covered with some sort of sealant, either a resin based substance, a two pack adhesive or something similar plus it must be painted.

Chassis must have sufficient ride height to avoid bottoming out on bumpy rally tracks.

The magnet holding compartments at the bottom of the chassis, may be removed and filled to keep the chassis flat and even and allow better clearance, motor remains in original position.

The car may be disqualified (DNS) if track host judges it to be a hazard to his track. DNS cars receive no stage points from the stage it has been disqualified from.

Now it's been stated many many times that my track especially is as rough as guts with dips, jumps and uneven sections galore, and it has always been urged to have as much clearance as possible.

The decision to give the car a DNF was not taken lightly but due to the time restrains for running the event, there was no other options.

Jonnynobber MG

To be far Johns car had no prep time as it was returned to OZ as he had changed address before the end of last years event, and it was put in to make up the numbers

The the constants deslots could not allow a decent run or times.

Zegas RS200

The Ford was there to make up the numbers as it had non compliant parts fitted ie entire rear end, performance was well down.

Gary

First up, the Snurfmoble finally arrived and i've put him in the stage 2 and 3, he'll be bottom of the points but that's what you get from relying on the UK postal service.

I feel I should stand up for the UK postal service here and point out that the Snurfen's car was coming from Wales and plenty of other cars made it safely from the UK so I think it must be the Welsh posties that are to blame and once it was safely across Offa's Dyke, it will have had a clear run down under...

Round 2 Stage 2 results

b_163829.jpg

And photos

x_105553.jpg

x_120904.jpg

x_115200.jpg

x_105344.jpg

x_124100.jpg

x_103209.jpg

x_121337.jpg

x_104847.jpg

x_115447.jpg

x_115829.jpg

x_102351.jpg

x_102051.jpg

x_122304.jpg

x_122920.jpg

x_104356.jpg

x_121632.jpg

x_121015.jpg

x_154820.jpg

x_105632.jpg

b_165818.jpg

Stage 3 and final results up soon

Gary

What is it with my car.....? First stage it does OK then the second run round the same stage it drops like a stone !

I reckon the co-driver gets dizzy after all those laps and stops calling the notes.

At least there isn't much further to drop in stage 3 !

Gazza,

What was the DNF reason,

Had so many problems with this car when tuning, bits braking, rear wheels misaligned and not fixable, no replacement wheels, it was the most frustrating build I have ever had.

David was kind enough to let it run non-compliant for me to get experience for next year.

Can you please let me know the issues so I can note for the next build.

Gazza,

What was the DNF reason,

Had so many problems with this car when tuning, bits braking, rear wheels misaligned and not fixable, no replacement wheels, it was the most frustrating build I have ever had.

David was kind enough to let it run non-compliant for me to get experience for next year.

Can you please let me know the issues so I can note for the next build.

The rear end is out of a v8 supercar, the gears don't mesh properly, wrong diameter tyres so limited ground clearance.

To me, if your not at least running the correct components you can't judge how the total package compares to the rest of the field.

And who's Dave

Gary

Not a good round for me, LOL, i'd purposely fitted a new guide, should have trimmed it a tad, congrats to top three and thanks for hosting Gary, I like your track............even if my car doesnt.

Send a pm to the organisers and see if phil can trim it for you, he's next on the round list, but then again if it wasn't for the guide yours would be in the top 5, if not leading

Gary