9 replies to this topic

#1 SlotsNZ

Formula 1 Driver

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,232 posts

Posted 02 May 2018 - 11:24 PM

Quoting their website.

NSR's objective is to make a Classic car using modern technology, so high tech ‘Ready To Race’. It needed to be competitive straight out the box.
The Porsche 908/3 is an innovative model with high tech components, highly performing on track still respecting the scale modellistic aspect."

So to translate their english translation, " We have made a car focused on going snot fast"

The first livery was as is so often the case across brands in the slot world - not going to win the beauty pageant

Posted Image

The second take; which has come along just a few weeks later is now here

Posted Image

All reports I have seen, say this is possibly their quickest classic sports model.

There are some changes to the mechanics which it is worth knowing in advance if you need to change any parts

Posted Image Posted Image

The pod is a little different - note the cut out at the back, in step with the convex forward protrusion on the chassis

Posted Image Posted Image

A new axle bush with minimum contact area of lowest friction. The motor is the usually shark 20k with slightly angleset sidewinder

It will be very interesting to compare results alongside prior models when the NSR Classic is raced in Nelson, NZ injust a few days
Slots addict 1st class * Inaugural and undefeated "Pie-Bone 400 champion" For of course, team "We Don't Gloat" * Slot.it Shootout Champion 2015 * Harmon Memorial Winner 2017 * Lathe Addict Extra-ordinaaire * Itinerant Mediterranean cuisine junkie * Hobbit 3rd class * Legend in my own imagination * Classic quote for 2018 "The older I get, the faster I was" * My Track Oakland Raceway V2 | * | Club intro on Youtube

#2 manimmal

I'm Rad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,658 posts

Posted 04 May 2018 - 07:46 PM

Snot fast as it happens is very fast. On my track my white one is my quickest NSR classic. I'll be on the yellow one too shortly, because more than one of a good thing is a good thing, or good things, something like that.
My mum says I'm an excellent driver

#3 Caddo

Kart Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 791 posts

Posted 04 May 2018 - 08:58 PM

A match for a Thunderslot?

#4 manimmal

I'm Rad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,658 posts

Posted 04 May 2018 - 10:31 PM

I haven't put it up against the t70 coupe yet (forgot about it), and my spyder i can't dial the chatter out of. I'll try on Sunday when my mates are over.

#5 Alfahorn

Video Game Driver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 05 May 2018 - 11:12 AM

The NSR 908 is very quick , the fastest of the NSR Classics . In a week the NSR Classic Challenge is being held in Nelson with 50 participants . This event will no doubt show just how good the 908 is . A Thunderslot shootout is also being held and results should show the Lola spyder is marginally faster ( based on racing to date ) . Keep an eye out for the results .

#6 Caddo

Kart Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 791 posts

Posted 06 May 2018 - 11:04 PM

If you could please quote heat times/distances and the track length that would be great,thanks guys

Good luck with the racing

Cheers

#7 GRUNZ

Kart Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 08 May 2018 - 07:02 PM

Some says that the 908 is quicker than the TS lola...

#8 GRUNZ

Kart Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 20 May 2018 - 06:45 AM

And some says that the 908 new pod is very fragile...any pictures of the broken pods down in Nelson?

#9 manimmal

I'm Rad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,658 posts

Posted 20 May 2018 - 08:08 AM

On my track on Friday night the Thunderslot Lola T70 coupe had a margin on the 908/3. No pod failures to speak of. My second 908/3 is enroute so we'll soon see what more usedoes to lap speed.
I tinkered on my t70 Spyder and it's more drivable than before, but still plenty of potential to unlock. It got hosed by both cars.

Edited by manimmal, 20 May 2018 - 08:11 AM.

#10 Big Mick2

Video Game Driver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted Yesterday, 09:29 AM

Put the optional suspension kit in the T Slot. Worth .3 a lap for me

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users