Atcc/bathurst Round 2

nitro0440

Cars have arrived in Christchurch for Round 2 .. The plan at this stage is - Qualifying will be run earlier in the day this Wednesday , and the Round Race will be run on the Wednesday night ..

Results for both Qualifying and Round Race will be posted asap after each event ...

Good luck everyone , looking forward to driving this group of cars in the proxy series ..

As always Wazza, have fun.

2019 NZ RTR Nationals Gt 3rd

2017 NZ RTR Nationals NSR Classic 2nd

2017 NZ RTR Nationals Group C 3rd

2017 NSR Classic Challenge 3rd

2015 NSR Classic Challenge 2nd

2014 NSR Classic Challenge 3rd

2015 Garden City Invitation Overall Champion

Qualifying has been run .. Enjoyed running the cars , a couples of surprises , and fast cars .. But on the whole i thought the quality of cars for the first time this proxy is being run was good .... alot of good handling cars , some minor changes to some , mainly in gear ratio to give you a little more top end ,

but it's all a learning curve .....

Round race will be run later tonight .... hope to have results up late tonight or tomorrow morning .. Adding some general shots of the cars . hope to add more with results posting later .

004306.jpg

153151.jpg

153132.jpg

153056.jpg

153217.jpg

153331.jpg

153310.jpg

Edited by nitro0440
  • Upvote 1

I think the rear axle might have come out of alignment, I had that problem in testing, thought I had fixed it.

Might be that the chassis has cracked, It just happened on my IPS entry, not a good year this year.

Could you please have a look to see what might be causing it?

What an awesome bunch of cars guys and thanks for the opportunity to drive them. The 2 cars that I enjoyed driving the most were Gazza's Falcon and Viv's 635

yep Viv's BMW is a nice car

Holdens rule the rest just drool

slot cars are my drug,

ATCC/Bathurst proxy host

NZ Grp5 proxy host.

I think the rear axle might have come out of alignment, I had that problem in testing, thought I had fixed it.

Might be that the chassis has cracked, It just happened on my IPS entry, not a good year this year.

Could you please have a look to see what might be causing it?

will check it out and see what i find .

Round 2 has been put in the books , It was an interesting round , a few surprises and a few guys struggled with grip , which can be seen in the laps count for a couple of cars ... But over all i enjoyed the chance to race this awesome group of cars , each with their own character which makes the fun and interesting to drive ....

Results and Pics to follow .... If you guys want any further input on how your car ran just ask ....

080549.jpg

175634.jpg

175649.jpg

175657.jpg

175709.jpg

175709.jpg

175736.jpg

Edited by nitro0440

Nitro

Thank you for a great run and may I acknowledge the othe podium finishers as well. There is certainly some close matches throughout the field.

On a sidebar we were spared here on Oahu from the 30+ inches of rain that fell on the island of Kauai in a 24hour period. I have lived here all my life and never seen anything like that, including hurricanes....we should never under estimate Mother Nature

Now back to racing. If there is anything you feel can be done to improve #2 please let me know as I need to catch up to Mr Gas4it, by the way we all have an uphill challenge. Oh it’s fun and you never know what will come next.

Aloha

Dale

Thanks for the round, Nitro.

I am happy with my midfield position...my tires must be still sticking to the rims.

Glad you enjoyed the experience.....Fords forever!!!

I drive a Holden.

John Warren

Slotcars are my preferred reality

thanks Nittro0440 and your team of keen helpers

I am sitting mid pack still so I am happy with that

Aloha and Gas41T are always going to hard to beat no matter what car they run

they are both excellent car builders

on the high note for me my Ford GT40 MK11 in the Ford v Porsche proxy that was just run on Munters track got on the podium with a 2nd place out of 39 cars

Holdens rule the rest just drool

slot cars are my drug,

ATCC/Bathurst proxy host

NZ Grp5 proxy host.

Nitro

Thank you for a great run and may I acknowledge the othe podium finishers as well. There is certainly some close matches throughout the field.

On a sidebar we were spared here on Oahu from the 30+ inches of rain that fell on the island of Kauai in a 24hour period. I have lived here all my life and never seen anything like that, including hurricanes....we should never under estimate Mother Nature

Now back to racing. If there is anything you feel can be done to improve #2 please let me know as I need to catch up to Mr Gas4it, by the way we all have an uphill challenge. Oh it’s fun and you never know what will come next.

Aloha

Dale

Glad to hear your ok and survived the heavy rain .. regarding your car , not alot more you can do , it runs pretty sweet , maybe play around with weight placement in the car so it's a little more balanced in the corners .

Thanks for the round, Nitro.

I am happy with my midfield position...my tires must be still sticking to the rims.

Glad you enjoyed the experience.....Fords forever!!!

I drive a Holden.

tires are working well , no sign of them pulling away from the rim ? ( not yet any way ) .

I am a bit suprised to be up there in the company of the mighty Falcons with my narrower Pioneer Camero , obviously lacking a bit of outright pace to get any higher but a good learning curve for 2019. :)

The camaro was pretty good , speed was good , the car just wasn't as smooth and balanced in the corners as the falcons .. you may need to play around with weight placement on the chassis

Just checked the results posting , i see i have 2 pic's the same , lol . it was late and a long day ...

Adding to the race break down ... Drivers were , Pete yellow lane , myself red lane and bram blue lane .

Also a big Thank you to Trevor , Dave and Gavin for their help with marshaling duties .

175806.jpg

175723.jpg

Edited by nitro0440

Thanks for the prompt running of this round guys.

Happy to be in 12th place.

2019 NZ RTR Nationals Gt 3rd

2017 NZ RTR Nationals NSR Classic 2nd

2017 NZ RTR Nationals Group C 3rd

2017 NSR Classic Challenge 3rd

2015 NSR Classic Challenge 2nd

2014 NSR Classic Challenge 3rd

2015 Garden City Invitation Overall Champion