slotmadmac

2018 Jag Challenge

Following in the footsteps of Metrorama I am hopeful to get some traction up to race these old Scalextric Jags in a similar format.

scalextric-_XJR9.jpg

The cars are readily available and inexpensive. I am trying to do a bulk deal with Greenhills [eBay UK] to secure some stock but I did one up a year or so ago with using stock everything apart from rear tyres and they can be made to go very, very well.

Just gauging interest at this point. Rules etc to come. Everyone who joined in the Metro madness is on the guest list if they're keen. Others can play if we collectively want to widen the field.

Mac

Podiums are for short people.

Oh me oh my, I'm in and can send a couple to the Bay to help out. Munter has his name on one of these if there isn't already one parked in his garage. They just need wings fabricated.

DSCF5716.jpg

bram1_zpsfkhrhndv.jpg

Nice work Bram. I had a bunch of spare rear wings for these at one point. Will need to have a rummage and see what's left. Can't remember if I used them or not.

We can have a collective think about possible rules. I think that predominately stock chassis is a must but new gears and wheels allowed. Not sure about motor rules. Open slather opens the field up. Running stock Scalex 18ks will keep us bunched together. Thoughts?

As you said Mac...

Stock everything,if you change rims must be same size as original and if you change pinion or crown gear must be as stock gearing was and Scalextric 18k motor SIMPLE RULES

just need to confirm the standard gearing??

Hi Guys,

I can supply resin copies of those wings if you need them, I'm sure I've still got the mould. Possibly decals too, but I'm not sure if I have them all.

I did a fantasy livery of one of these many years ago, a yellow Michelin version, after I got bored with too many red versions. I even picked up one of the rarer purple "Silk Cut" versions. They are an easy car to drive and tune, very basic, but very low CoG, so good little runners. Pics here.

Cheers,

Graeme

~~~~~~

(Life is like a sewer....................What you get out of it depends on what you put into it!)

My Website

Hi Guys,

I can supply resin copies of those wings if you need them, I'm sure I've still got the mould. Possibly decals too, but I'm not sure if I have them all.

I did a fantasy livery of one of these many years ago, a yellow Michelin version, after I got bored with too many red versions. I even picked up one of the rarer purple "Silk Cut" versions. They are an easy car to drive and tune, very basic, but very low CoG, so good little runners. Pics here.

Cheers,

I like that livery very much

Holdens rule the rest just drool

slot cars are my drug,

ATCC/Bathurst proxy host

NZ Grp5 proxy host.

Hi Guys,

Cheers,

Thanks for the kind offer Graeme. I'll check with Munter (our local resin head) and see if he has a plan. That livery was extra good by the way!

Martyn from Greenhills has been in touch. He has good stocks of complete cars so we have plenty of ammo available if anyone wants a car to work up. Details to come.

Edited by slotmadmac

I need another wooden spoon for my collection, I'm in if there is a spare car floating around.

2019 NZ RTR Nationals Gt 3rd

2017 NZ RTR Nationals NSR Classic 2nd

2017 NZ RTR Nationals Group C 3rd

2017 NSR Classic Challenge 3rd

2015 NSR Classic Challenge 2nd

2014 NSR Classic Challenge 3rd

2015 Garden City Invitation Overall Champion

"You must always strive to be the best but you must never believe that you are."  Juan Manuel Fangio

"Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners."  George Carlin

Bram - I picked up some rear wings and will get one to you when they arrive. (Thanks again for the link Mt P). Munter has enough of a resin workload without us adding to his problems and I plan to hit him up for glass and interiors.

Taken on the chin.

I have to say this looks like fun.....get them rules published and give me plenty of time.

John Warren

Slotcars are my preferred reality

I’m in...

Can I please place an order for a Castro’s one like pictured...

Ps. Please let me know how much they are posted here.

Please... Pretty please, don’t say free...

:)

Oh, and a control motor would be cool, but open is also nice.

Edited by shadow_rusty

I just got me a car off the eeebay...

Rules please ...

I’m painting mine, I have some decals somewhere in my mess....

Rossko

Edited by GAS41T

I'm in...

Can I please place an order for a Castro's one like pictured...

Ps. Please let me know how much they are posted here.

I don't have a price on the cars ex UK yet (or know the liveries) but think they will land about NZ$30 here. Post to Aussie is about NZ$7/car - so it's around $40 to get to you. The cars I ordered should be here in about 2 weeks. I'll have a chat to Munter about lexan interiors and glass and see if we can send out complete kits.

I'll post some rules soon. I am away on holiday for most of May / June so the series itself will probably kick off in July August.

The rules will be based around this rough test build I did a while back when I was looking for old dungers I could use for the 2hr races I like to host on my home track.

jag2.jpg

jag3.jpg

• Must use the original chassis but you can truncate the front to get a decent guide in. (This will make sense when you get your hands on a car).
  • Must run stock motor and keep the inline format.
  • Must keep standard pinion and gear.
  • Wheels, tyres, guide, guide wires, braid, spacers, bushes are open.
  • Tyres can be polished with Fuelite but use of oils / oil mixes / CRC 226 or any other secret sauce is prohibited. Any extended treatment of any kind using a treatment station is also a no go.
  • Alloy wheels must run inserts.
  • Front axle can be tubed.
  • Motor can be braced to rear bushes. (Front axle tube and rear brace are the only metal additions allowed.)
  • Body / chassis can be shaved for float.
  • Wheels / tyres must be under the car when viewed from above.
  • Ballast allowed.
  • Glass / cockpit remains stock.
  • Must retain original driver.
  • 1mm minimum clearance.

Painting cars is highly encouraged.

Make sense? Hopefully this will result in a nice even field. We'll run these on our tracks here in Hawkes Bay - following the same format as Metrorama.

Edited by slotmadmac

I like the idea of

open guide, wheels, tyres, axles and bushes

fixed brand and rpm motor and gearing but brand of gears open

stock chassis must be used but can be modified to allow for lowering only

bracing and weight allowed but must be fitted inside of the chassis and body

body can be lowered

motor must remain in stock configuration

body must remain stock but windows and interior can be swapped for lexan

body can be painted how ever you feel

slot cars are my drug,

ATCC/Bathurst proxy host

NZ Grp5 proxy host.

ok that sounds good to me

that should keep things close maybe

slot cars are my drug,

ATCC/Bathurst proxy host

NZ Grp5 proxy host.

Might I suggest that no one can drive their own car, this would make it a true Proxy.

Just a suggestion, i'll now return to my seat in the corner.

2019 NZ RTR Nationals Gt 3rd

2017 NZ RTR Nationals NSR Classic 2nd

2017 NZ RTR Nationals Group C 3rd

2017 NSR Classic Challenge 3rd

2015 NSR Classic Challenge 2nd

2014 NSR Classic Challenge 3rd

2015 Garden City Invitation Overall Champion