Workbench Ideas

SlotsNZ

Hey guys, would some like to share the nifty ideas and practical solutions they have incorporated into their work benches.

I am in brain-picking mode for my bench in our new house. I have around 3 linear metres to play with, no windows behind the bench - a blank wall.

- And I reckon it is time we had a workbench thread again for everyone else to plagurise

EDIT - Pictures of setups would be great

Recovering Lapsed Slot Addict :ph34r:  *  Custodian of many used screws (mostly loose :rolleyes:)  *  Total kidder  *  Companion of other delusional slot addicts :lol:  

I have a row of Scaley magnets stuck to my wall that I hang all my hand tools off of...

Damn handy.

• Upvote 2

I have a number of them stuck to the floor right under where I sit. They collect the inevitable doped screws before they run under something.

Oooooooh good call.

Hehe

I’m not much help...It makes me wonder how

I build cars in this pig sty.....

This is my workstation where I build em....

4414981_C-_F0_A3-414_C-8981-_B7_BA43_D0_DE6_B.jpg

This is my speed checker bench with my rpm reader as well, then on the floor is my dremel then up on the track edge is my tyre truer...

BF5_F57_F3-2_D66-41_A9-_AD9_F-13_B32_F2_D7678.jpg

Now this is where I should be building my cars...

The shelving is even a mess...That’s ruff Rossko

2101_B121-5_F79-4_FBB-_A0_A9-62_E3759_F35_ED.jpg

I will repost one day Mark with all this cleaned..

If this is going to start to drift into a messy workbench / hobby table comp, I'm in for the win.

Just don't let Munter know.

20180410163548-aed29b66-me.jpg

Sorry Mark, had to join in just this once.

On the topic side I am wanting to build a new bench too as this table, being glass, is no good for truing, vising, hammering, I mean coercing, machining, lathing, 3D printing ....

So would love to see some others ideas as well. I'm thinking of compartmentalizing.

I liked your last one Mark, it had plenty of room to fill up with stuff.

And i thought i may as well join the fray & post a pic up of my mess !! Usually its cleaner than this but i havent kept on top of it lately

I have a designated power supply area for tyre truing & soldering ( middle bench above drawers ) the left bench has a recessed light board for trimming decals etc & general model building junk, the right angled bench to the right is used for all my CAD drawing of parts or anything i want to cut and/or 3D print

IMG-1205.jpg

Edited by Benno

I see a pattern emerging here - The messy beggars are exhibitionists, and the jokers with the OCD organised benches full of clever ideas I am trying to steal are all secret squirrels

- Do like Big Mick's and Gary's idea of the tools on magnets - but I need more lads I need more

Recovering Lapsed Slot Addict :ph34r:  *  Custodian of many used screws (mostly loose :rolleyes:)  *  Total kidder  *  Companion of other delusional slot addicts :lol:  

banana.gif Naked as charged. banana.gif

But if it wasn't for us exhibitionists the forum would be rather dull.