Bartlett Camaro

Wobble

Recently I purchased one of these

s-l1600.jpg

with the hope of entering it in the ATCC/Bathurst proxy series dressed like this

730.jpg

but free post from Hong Kong meant it had to travel around the world twice on a container ship even though it had an airmail sticker on it.

Anyway it'll give me a bit more time if the same proxy goes ahead in 2019.

A couple of queries about this car that someone maybe able to help with. Where or who if anyone does decals for this please? also inserts (BBS possibly) to fit small Slot.It hubs and BRM Nascar hubs. Apparently this car ran with 14" wheels originally.

Edited by Wobble
bram1_zpsfkhrhndv.jpg

for those old enough to remember.........Bartlett's wet track qualifying effort in 1981 was to this day, the single best ballsiest qualifying lap i ever seen in 45 years of watching bathurst. there was daylight between him on pole, and second place.

for anyone who wants to know how a hot chevy should sound like, you tube this pole winning effort. i haev never heard a sweeter sound that that camaro that day. shame that CAMS knobbled this car with drum brakes.....after they promised him disks initially.

Shed People Mutual Admiration Society

2 times Australian National Champion

1991-Flexicar 1999- Group 12 Sedan

Thanks for the tips guys. The front is now looking a lot closer to the '77 model with the eyebrows shaved off the sidelights and the grill area opened out a bit so the grill sits flush with the panel work. Now to fabricate a front bumper.

bram1_zpsfkhrhndv.jpg

• 2 months later...

The bonnet needs filling so I was thinking how I could do this without adding a lot of weight and decided on brush on type super glue and 2 ply toilet paper which makes for a surprisingly strong backing to fill against.

DSCF5731.jpg

DSCF5732.jpg

• Upvote 3
bram1_zpsfkhrhndv.jpg

• 3 months later...

What chassis is sneaked under there? Pioneer?

Cheers Pat, it's got one of those el-cheapo Avant angle-winder chassis … the wheelbase is spot-on but had to narrow it to the width of the pod, which isn't a biggy as it's glued in tight with super glue and epoxy.

• Upvote 1
bram1_zpsfkhrhndv.jpg

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Nice colour. Are you going with channel 9 or Channel 6 decals :lol:

9 sports. The problem at the moment is that my masking was not as tight as it should've been to paint the bumpers and yellow leaked through in a couple of places, which I'm hopeful some 1200 wet and dry will deal to without removing too much blue paint too.

bram1_zpsfkhrhndv.jpg

• 4 months later...

I like the look of the standard dash so I wanted to keep it in the build so the interior is cut down and toilet paper and brush on superglue make for a reasonably light weight interior.

Some matt black paint and a driver figure and roll cage and it'll be good to go, and with a 18k SRP motor it's quicker than the Galaxie.

DSCF5975.jpg

DSCF5977.jpg

• Upvote 1
bram1_zpsfkhrhndv.jpg