It's Huracan Season Again

6 replies to this topic

#1 SlotsNZ

Formula 1 Driver

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,200 posts

Posted 29 March 2018 - 06:08 AM

If you hate fantasy liveries - look away now. For the rest of you, serious eye candy follows. The Sideways Lambo in flat black "Carbon Fibre" livery
Said to be available from late April in our part of the world.

They have fitted, for better or worse, their more powerful Raptor motor to these - rated 21,400rpm, 350gcm @12vdc, for 18.8 watts power
instead of the "Baby Raptor" motor that they fitted to the other three models - rated 17,000rpm, 245gcm @12vdc, for 9.8 watts power
That's a pretty massive margin of difference - 25% more rpm, but 90% more actual power.

Gearing is the same, so the torque will be massive. With high gripping tyres, I think you may need chassis and pod upgrades to "Hard"
Posted Image

It comes with a Key ring, so next time you park your Toyota Yaris outside your mate's, you can wander inside; throw these on the table; wait for the
green then go into denial when they look out the window.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

The surface finish looks stunning - in the shot below you can see that carbon fibre texture effect.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
Slots addict 1st class * Inaugural and undefeated "Pie-Bone 400 champion" For of course, team "We Don't Gloat" * Slot.it Shootout Champion 2015 * Harmon Memorial Winner 2017 * Lathe Addict Extra-ordinaaire * Itinerant Mediterranean cuisine junkie * Hobbit 3rd class * Legend in my own imagination * Classic quote for 2018 "The older I get, the faster I was" * My Track Oakland Raceway V2 | * | Club intro on Youtube

#2 GAS41T

Drag Racer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts

Posted 29 March 2018 - 07:33 AM

Wow....stunning I love it.....
Iím getting me one of those...

Thanks Mark

#3 shadow_rusty

"Team ABC" Team Leader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,331 posts

Posted 29 March 2018 - 08:07 AM

That looks great...

The Baby raptor looks to be similar to the NSR king 21, so should put it more on par with the NSR GT2's.

And yes, I think I need to get one of these.
Posted Image
Stolen from SlotsNZ

Team ABC Team Leader
(Ambitious, But Crap)

Home Track Threads - Shadow's Semi-Permanent Layout & Another Rug Racer & Proud of It & Gymkhana Test Track
Car Collection Thread - My Car Collection
Charts / Diagrams - MJK Tyre Selector
/ Slot.it 4wd Gearing / PoliCar Rollout / [size=3]Rollout Chart Generator / SCX 4wd Rollout / Track Wiring with Brake on Track Call

#4 Drifter

Kart Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 30 March 2018 - 07:17 AM

Nice :-)

www.sydneyslotcars.com

#5 Caddo

Kart Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 786 posts

Posted 30 March 2018 - 08:47 PM

Just a laugh:

VW = overpriced Skoda
Audi = overpriced VW
Lambo = overpriced Audi

I'm a Skoda owner, love it, it's a great car, but maybe I have badge envy :D

#6 SlotsNZ

Formula 1 Driver

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,200 posts

Posted 31 March 2018 - 05:41 AM

Nah caddo, I call it "angle envy" the more you pay for the badge, the more racy the angles you get

Rusty - other way around - "Baby Raptor" as in the other liveries of the Huracan has identical specs to the Baby king, "Raptor" as in this livery, is equivalent to the full 21,4k King

I followed an orange and black Huracan into our local Mega hardware store a couple of weeks back. A couple of pretty ordinary, scruffy looking guys hopped out and sauntered inside.
One of them looked markedly similar to a local bloke who is usually better dressed and flogs "nothing" online - well Xero to be exact.

I guess he'll have more time to drive it now he is retiring from the steering wheel of the company.
Slots addict 1st class * Inaugural and undefeated "Pie-Bone 400 champion" For of course, team "We Don't Gloat" * Slot.it Shootout Champion 2015 * Harmon Memorial Winner 2017 * Lathe Addict Extra-ordinaaire * Itinerant Mediterranean cuisine junkie * Hobbit 3rd class * Legend in my own imagination * Classic quote for 2018 "The older I get, the faster I was" * My Track Oakland Raceway V2 | * | Club intro on Youtube

#7 Caddo

Kart Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 786 posts

Posted 31 March 2018 - 09:18 PM

Haha, yeah, you are right Mark.

The Huracan has some very nice angles to it.

So good to see GT cars now on the agenda of top tier, 1/32 car manufacturers.

Now we need them to recognize the market for Trans Am / Muscle Cars.

So sick of having to buy poor quality SCX and Scaley's, then spending a mass of money & time getting them to run well.

[PS - Can't believe SCX have stopped making the 'Cuda, are they crazy????]

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users