When Yardley Came To Town

SlotsNZ

It has been two years since S.R.C. announced they were to make the McLaren M23 F1 car in Yardley livery.

But by golly, now it is finally here, the fit and finish, and the drive train do look pretty good. Production just 1,000 units

Best bit for kiwis is, it's a "Bear" livery.

m23-16.jpg

m23-11.jpg

They have altered their mechanics from the Fly-style angle offset used in their Ferrari T4 and Renault F1 cars.

m23-17.jpg

Yes, those front wheels do turn - in previous SRC F1 cars, the turning has not been especially precise, we will have to wait report of

how well the front end drives.

m23-12.jpg

It all looks pretty special to me. You will need deep pockets though, at 80 plus quid from the pom-shops and $149 from Australian shops

It might be gracing more shelf-queen displays than F1 class races at clubs. Even underneath detail is very good.

m23-9.jpg

Looking forward to getting my sticky little paws on this one. At 1973 it is between 1 and 3 years younger than the Policar releases.

I imagine people will run them side by side for period F1 racing.

m23-4.jpg

m23-14.jpg

It looks better detailed than the pictures I have seen of Scalextric release. Anyone out there with both examples?

Recovering Lapsed Slot Addict :ph34r:  *  Custodian of many used screws (mostly loose :rolleyes:)  *  Total kidder  *  Companion of other delusional slot addicts :lol:  

Very impressive. I hope they have some performance, i didn't get the Renault or Ferrari as the appearance to performance ratio was widely reported to be weighted too far towards looks.

From memory the 1:1 car was at Phillip Island historics about 5 years ago?

My mum says I'm an excellent driver

As nice as it looks, I just don't understand how SRC think that their cars are worth 50% more than a PoliCar...

I have both the Renault, and the Ferrari, and whilst both look great, they are not that much more detailed than the Scaley equivelants, and the Policar ones are equal.

The most disappointing part is just how hard it is to get them to drive properly, so I'm hoping that the new design actually works...

Very impressive. I hope they have some performance, i didn't get the Renault or Ferrari as the appearance to performance ratio was widely reported to be weighted too far towards looks.

From memory the 1:1 car was at Phillip Island historics about 5 years ago?

I think that was more like 10 years back - I seem to remember seeing it there when I was with Eno and Stubbo one year unless it's been again.

I think one of them might be based in NZ, as I also remember seeing one driven by "The Bear" doing laps of Manfield, in the company of a F5000 being driven by Kenny Smith many years back.

Recovering Lapsed Slot Addict :ph34r:  *  Custodian of many used screws (mostly loose :rolleyes:)  *  Total kidder  *  Companion of other delusional slot addicts :lol:  

Might be seeing a newsletter offer in a years time, I reckon they'll be sitting on the shelves for a long time at that price.

• 2 weeks later...