Wat44

What Sorcery Is This?

Looks like a Kyosho Mini Z setup as a drift car (radio controlled)

Cheers

ding... :P

Steve Drummond

The Asylum Raceway

Home of Lunatic Racing

Oh the nerf potential . . . . . :D :D

Recovering Slot Addict :ph34r:  *  Custodian of many used screws (mostly loose :rolleyes:)  *  Total kidder  *  Companion of other delusional slot addicts :lol:  

Hey, slotsNZ - is it economically viable to send you cars from Australia to fix? Or does postage both ways kill it?

Heya Wat. Unless they are something rare and you need the outside help, postage is more than it's generally worth. - And to be honest, I don't have that much time for extra fixes.

I do a few m=for regular ucstomers to help them get started, try and keep up with my own and that's about it.

Unless you're 200 km northwest of the Alice, there should be someone close to you that could give you a hand.

- If you need help figuring about how to go about something, great opportunities here to post some pics and have people share solutions that may be useful for others as well.

Recovering Slot Addict :ph34r:  *  Custodian of many used screws (mostly loose :rolleyes:)  *  Total kidder  *  Companion of other delusional slot addicts :lol:  

Dunno what it costs from the AU side but a car could be posted to AU from NZ for a little under $10.00.

John Warren

Slotcars are my preferred reality

App control and not cheap.

Cheers Grant

20191120172309-193d8f3b.gif.......................................................20170306174707-b4015afe.gif

Home Track..........Corvette C1 Build..........McLaren M1A Build..........Maserati 300S Build..........Allard J2 Build..........50's Diner..........Iso Griffo A3C

3D Printed Adjustable Chassis..........3D Print Projects

That looks pretty awesome - but I reckon the driver behind the videos has had lots a practice to make it look that good.

Big deal....

In all my years in the distant past of racing R/C cars at a National level I've had to deal with lousy tires at times.....

All these dudes have done is fit the electronics into a 1/43 body (admirable...) and run on a very low grip surface (glass coffee, highly polished piano top, questionable slot track surface ).....

The control with a smart phone is one thing, but give a full proportional wheel radio any day.....

Cheers,

Tony.

There's only two questions:

1. What direction do you go

2. What's the Lap Record?

Those Dr!ft cars are pretty cool - but I would imagine the fun wouldn't last long.

They are branded as a simulator, and the whole time they were being spruked on the kickstarter, they never showed the underside of the car.

They have since been released, and we have seen that there are an extra 2 wheels under the car that actually steer/drive it to get that simulated drift look..

See here:

He'll be Komm'in 'round the corner when he comes...

AuSlot_zpsi7z6mmju.jpg

A really expensive toy then.

Cheers Grant

20191120172309-193d8f3b.gif.......................................................20170306174707-b4015afe.gif

Home Track..........Corvette C1 Build..........McLaren M1A Build..........Maserati 300S Build..........Allard J2 Build..........50's Diner..........Iso Griffo A3C

3D Printed Adjustable Chassis..........3D Print Projects

The 1/10 drift cars aren't so expensive and are great fun if you have a smooth paved surface. I have a Sakura D4 Rwd fitted with a Pandora KE70 Corolla wagon body and i enjoy the challenge. Far cheaper than other rc too as the upkeep is minimal.

My mum says I'm an excellent driver