The DTM Classic - A Slot.it Shootout

SlotsNZ

Does anyone have some tire prep tips they could share for the N22’s as there is no chemicals allowed?

Glue em, true em, run em....in.

Good to see you here, Scott.

John Warren

Slotcars are my preferred reality

• 3 weeks later...

I snuck off work early and have started on a Calibra. The no weight rule is going to make it hard to get a sweet handling car but I guess everyone is in the same boat and we just play what’s in front of us.

As always, I’ll be struggling to keep my ‘bull at a gate’ instincts in check. It’s been ages since I worked on a Slot It and even longer since I built up a white kit - there’s always more small parts than you’d think!!

Podiums are for short people.

Hi Guys

Does anyone have some tire prep tips they could share for the N22’s as there is no chemicals allowed?

My only advice is to true them at low speed with plenty of intervals between sanding contact to avoid any overheating.

Podiums are for short people.

there’s always more small parts than you’d think!!

and there will be someone checking that they are all there.

My revised grubscrew arrangement has added 6 grams to the front....there is nothing saying that you cannot use twenty per side.....show you on Thursday

John Warren

Slotcars are my preferred reality

Scott as Mac said - slowly carefully

One difference between the mechanical actions of “wheel on axle” lathes like the Professor Motor, Tyre Razor, and RSM versus the Drum type lathes like Hudy and Scaleauto is that the drum driven lathes use gearing to reduce the contact speed difference between the tyre and the abrasive surface. That makes it easier to go really gently at the task than your PM lathe

So as few volts as possible and just a light contact pressure.

I think A lot of guys also do one wheel at a time and measure the OD with calipers after trueing to get them even sized

For guys that are there practicing on the Friday - if your tyres are rumbling- I will have my lathe set up at the track so you can give them a skim

Recovering Lapsed Slot Addict :ph34r:  *  Custodian of many used screws (mostly loose :rolleyes:)  *  Total kidder  *  Companion of other delusional slot addicts :lol:  

Sweet as, you're finished before me Mac. My body is still sitting on the table needing clear coat

Recovering Lapsed Slot Addict :ph34r:  *  Custodian of many used screws (mostly loose :rolleyes:)  *  Total kidder  *  Companion of other delusional slot addicts :lol:  

My body is still sitting on the table
.....ach mon, geet it dun

Paralysis of decision on what to use. I might just hunt down one of the floor polishes. - But I have been a tad busy of late as well.

New batch of students at the EIT a break away, the new house stuff, the Nationals..... need another rest.

Now I have prep for Fiji to do. Suddenly it's only 3 weeks away

Where did you get the Testors Mac?

I hadnt seen around here, and tried the quite big Taupo Model shop last week, but they didn't stock it

Hi Team Hawkes Bay'

Just wondering how long it would take me to get from Kennedy Park to Mac's track. Just about to book some accommodation. I am really looking forward to the event.

Cheers

Trent in the Naki

Heya Trent, 20 - 22 minutes. - We live a block away and it takes me that.

Looking forward to having you over. Been a long time since that trip where you raced out at Haumoana when Mike II owned the Black Widow track.

• 2 weeks later...

Yep, I have used the same based on what Munter and Mac said - which you told them Dave.

- Glen is now stocking the 2936 at Cool Toys, and he has the Testors 9000 decal fixer as well.

Only thing I noticed in this cool weather was that, even though I heated the can before use, due to low temperatures, it took a full day for it to go hard. It felt sticky for ages.

Roscoe suggested yesterday that I put it somewhere warm, so I just kept in in the lounge near the aircon, and today it is nice and hard.

BTW. He now has his DTM entry car, - guess what livery he chose........

Gave my DTM entry a few laps at Pat's last night, and managed to knock off a bit of roof trim ...... where o where did it fly....

Quite happy with the smoothness, seems stable through the windy upper level after the sweeper.

dtmp.jpg

the good news is that I have been hired to drive Piebones Alfa for this race

I have given it a test run on Pat's track and it is smooth and easy to drive

will give it a couple of little tweaks in the tuning department and it will be ready to rumble in the BigMcMaccer's jungle

BOOOOYAH HOMIE'S

Holdens rule the rest just drool

slot cars are my drug,

ATCC/Bathurst proxy host

NZ Grp5 proxy host.

Aint it scary, our half-'merican Stars n Stripes friend with the "reputation for innovation" has hired the scrutineer as his driver.

The forensic team :ph34r: is being assembled as we speak; to give the bone car the once over, twice over, three times for good measure-over.... :lol:

I was thinking me might take a leaf from the book of another famous 'merican, the sailing legend Dennis Conner.

We can "core sample" the bone car and do a bit of "destructive testing" on the composites.....

.......... in all seriousness. Dave let me have a couple of laps, and it is nice and smooth, and feels balanced.

- We'll paint the target on the car race day Dave..... :D:P

Dave wasn't going to run as he has his heart set on a certain green n gold Mercedes being released in a few months, which would have been a shame as he is a great contributor to slots both sides of the Tasman with his running of the proxies.

nice one Mark

but the car will be of spec

I do need to remove about 1.5-2 grams out of it to meet the weight rule

and yes the Merc is much more appealing in the looks department for me anyway

and I reckon it will be the car to beat, low and wide

Holdens rule the rest just drool

slot cars are my drug,

ATCC/Bathurst proxy host

NZ Grp5 proxy host.

Its official,Dave's gonna handle the slybone DTM car for the race,interesting thing is that this car is strat outa da box.no voodoo tweaks just some tyres and true and presto.I just put some weight on it to bring it up to spec.I think the opal will be the one to beat,

should be a fun race :D

The older i get, the faster i was.