#1 alexis in greece

V8 Fujitsu Series Driver

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,376 posts

Posted 24 February 2018 - 04:06 AM

Here is the status
Posted ImageEntry list final 01 by alexisgaitanis, on Flickr

The cars marked "to fix" have compliance issues which can be fixed their owners permitting but they will receive a 5% penalty for the 1st round,so i am waiting for the owners approval to proceed.All 4 cars have rear tires over 7 mm wide.
Please gentlemen check your tires before posting it will save me some work and save you a penalty

Posted Image20180223_190340 by alexisgaitanis, on Flickr

Posted Image20180223_190554 by alexisgaitanis, on Flickr

Posted Image20180223_190518 by alexisgaitanis, on Flickr

Posted Image20180223_190437 by alexisgaitanis, on Flickr
Posted Image

#2 bov

Kart Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 24 February 2018 - 10:19 AM

Hi Alexis,

Sorry about that - please bring my entry into compliance...
Cheers,

Tony.

There's only two questions:

1. What direction do you go
2. What's the Lap Record?

#3 alexis in greece

V8 Fujitsu Series Driver

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,376 posts

Posted 02 March 2018 - 05:58 AM

3 arrivals
Posted ImageEntry list final 02 by alexisgaitanis, on Flickr
Posted Image

#4 alexis in greece

V8 Fujitsu Series Driver

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,376 posts

Posted 07 March 2018 - 08:26 PM

One more arrival #65
Posted ImageEntry list final 03 by alexisgaitanis, on Flickr

Cars #3 and #65 have rear tires >7mm wide ,i already have permission to fix #3 ,awaiting permission to fix #65.

But both cars have additional issues with their guides,quote rules

6) Guide must be entirely under body, and not visible when view"ed from above.
-5% of distance covered in the first race if the issue can be fixed before the series start or
-5% of distance covered in each race if the issue cannot be fixed
Recommendation---
As a general rule the guide should go through Ninco and Scalextric R1 turns.
Problem guides:
-Slot.it wood SICH07 even if depth trimmed,too long, does not go through Ninco R1 corners.
-Scaleauto SC-1601-1602-1603
And any other of similar dimensions.
Guidelines
Max depth measured under braids: 5,8 mm
Max length : 22 mm
Max thickness of the blade : 1,9 mm
There will be no penalty and no guide changes ,but if a car cannot go through the corner it will be considered as DNS and will be awarded 0 points for that race."

#3 guide is 24mm long and #65 24.4 mm long and 8mm deep
Posted Image

#5 GAS41T

Drag Racer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 13 March 2018 - 12:31 PM

My car is in a box on its way to Greece
Hope it arrives safely.....

Rossko

#6 alexis in greece

V8 Fujitsu Series Driver

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,376 posts

Posted 23 March 2018 - 01:51 AM

Warning to entrants outside european union who have not posted their cars yet.
Please be informed that whatever has a value >22 euros(~35AU$) gets taxed 24% vat(calculated on items value+postage cost) + 15 euros customs clearence fixed amount.
So when filling the customs form insert a value of AU$ 30 ,description "used toy car of no commercial value-gift"
Posted Image

#7 alexis in greece

V8 Fujitsu Series Driver

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,376 posts

Posted 23 March 2018 - 05:28 PM

Posted ImageEntry list final 04 by alexisgaitanis, on Flickr
Posted Image

#8 GAS41T

Drag Racer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 23 March 2018 - 08:16 PM

My car has cleared customs....

Rossko

#9 alexis in greece

V8 Fujitsu Series Driver

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,376 posts

Posted 28 March 2018 - 02:09 AM

Several arrivals today,it is the end of the month and the waiting line was 33 people in front of me.I was glad all the cars passed tech without issues.28 cars are here 4 to come ,i have no info from Ecurie Martini and Mnewns,Arroldn might miss it due to error in ordering his chassis and its about time i look after my M class entry,she need tyres,inserts and setup

Posted ImageEntry list final 05 by alexisgaitanis, on Flickr

Car #60 had a problem,as i removed the car from the box the chassis didnt follow and remained in the box.The epoxy used to glue the uprights to the body remained on the body luckily enough so i had the positions to put the body back in place and put a bit of superglue to hold it,then removed the chassis and reinforced the joints with more superglue and backing powder,its solid as rock now(i hope)
Posted Image20180327_182331 by alexisgaitanis, on Flickr
Posted Image20180327_182357 by alexisgaitanis, on Flickr
Posted Image20180327_182423 by alexisgaitanis, on Flickr

And for those interested in stats entries
Ferrari 19
Jaguar 1
Porsche 2
Corvette 2
Lister 1
ISO 1
Alfa Romeo 1
Lotus 2
Cobra 2
Talbot 1
Total 32

Edited by alexis in greece, 28 March 2018 - 02:24 AM.

Posted Image

#10 ZeGas

ZeGas

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 28 March 2018 - 08:49 AM

For the sake of interest it might be an idea to limit the number of single manufacturer (or model) entries next year Alexis to get some more variety in the field and maybe a requirement that return entrants cannot enter the same manufacturer two years in a row.

Yes I know that not all Ferrari's are the same model but with 12x 250's entered it is almost a Ferrari proxy with a few throw in's.

Just throwing it out there for discussion or rejection.
Cheers Grant
Posted Image.......................................................Posted Image
Home Track..........Corvette C1 Build..........McLaren M1A Build..........Maserati 300S Build..........Allard J2 Build..........50's Diner..........Iso Griffo A3C

3D Printed Adjustable Chassis ($15+pp)

If life gives you lemons, take them, free s#!t is cool.

Instagram:.....__ZeGas__

#11 GAS41T

Drag Racer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 28 March 2018 - 08:56 AM

Yep well said....
Iíll enter a Jaguar next year !!!!

#12 Peter Gunn

V8 Fujitsu Series Driver

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,145 posts

Posted 28 March 2018 - 03:52 PM

Difficult this one ZeGas, cannot see how you can really stop people entering a car which they like to enter as a marque , problem is the advent of 3d chassis , i entered a GTO way back in this proxy one of only 4 i seem to remember and it was a pink kar one basically , i did mention again a while ago we would get a lot of Ferraris eventually , again it's the 3d chassis that has caused this as there quite a few Ferrari's you can now use and be competative just look at the first 10 shakedown times to see how close this will be this year .
Did think might be an idea to increase the entry by a year say up to 65 but then you would have around 19 Ford GT 40,s entered as well , one of which would be mine already running one here with a IPS set up and it,s better than my Ferrari,s already , but a good discussion point to have at the end of the current series perhaps , have to see what Alexis's comments are at the end of this years series . :)

#13 alexis in greece

V8 Fujitsu Series Driver

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,376 posts

Posted 28 March 2018 - 05:20 PM

Ferrari breakdown
250 LM 4
250 GTO FLY 4
250 GTO MRRC 5
365 P2 2
TR59/60 1
275 1
Dino 1
As for the GT40 i think the problem is width,most of them are wider than 57mm please check .1965 cars are eligible since a couple of years ago
Posted Image

#14 GAS41T

Drag Racer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 28 March 2018 - 05:30 PM

Slot it gt40 is 60mm
Nsr gt40ís are 60-61mm

#15 alexis in greece

V8 Fujitsu Series Driver

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,376 posts

Posted 28 March 2018 - 08:52 PM

The discussion can start about 2019,i have a couple of ideas,one of the cars entered is fitted the (most possibly) 2019 control tyres but i will not reveale it until it has raced a few rounds,and no it is not one of the greek entered cars.

Regarding Ferrari domination its partly what happened in reality during this era but then there are so many models to choose from.I plead guilty though because when asked for advice by Nick and Neo i proposed MRRC GTO because it is long ,wide and light.Which ,in vain ,i tried to beat with other Ferrari models (i think it is obvious which makes fan i am) and i am commiting to not entering an MRRC GTO.

As far as i can remember there has been in the IPS past Corvette C1 domination and i am always curious why we have not more entries.Re Ford the only one eligble is the old Scaley one and if i was not a Ferrarista i would be tempted to enter one

3dp chassis are not that many i counted 7 but without them certain cars would not be able to race decently,you can always visit and none is under an MRRC GTO.
sfi where i maintain a list of available 3dp chassis there are about 600 to choose from
On another subect i am amazed by the amount and quality of concours entries (21) and the amount and quality of scratchbuilt chassis (12) but sad of the small number of front engine cars 3 only

Edited by alexis in greece, 28 March 2018 - 08:55 PM.

Posted Image

#16 Brumos RSR

Kart Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 29 March 2018 - 12:39 PM

I feel there's enough of a variety of Ferraris in the field. I will either enter 2 Porsches 904 and 356 next season or 1 Porsche and a Ferrari 365p possibly. Need to figure out how to surpass Nick and Neo

Tony

#17 alexis in greece

V8 Fujitsu Series Driver

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,376 posts

Posted 30 March 2018 - 04:41 AM

Here is the data i collected so far from the cars that are present.As you see there are lots of empty cells,i have a policy of not opening the cars except for checks or repairs,but i will do it at the end of the series.If you can contribute by filling some voids i would be grateful.There are 2 columns missing,front and rear tyres.It is because one of the cars entered is fitted with what will be next years control tyre.It will be revealed after munter's round when it will have competed on a great variety of tracks, Ninco,wood various coatings,Scalextric

Posted ImageTech 01 by alexisgaitanis, on Flickr

If the jpg file is not readable i have uploaded worksheet here:

https://drive.google...iew?usp=sharing

Edited by alexis in greece, 30 March 2018 - 04:46 AM.

Posted Image

#18 Peter Gunn

V8 Fujitsu Series Driver

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,145 posts

Posted 30 March 2018 - 06:24 AM

Already mentioned this on Slotforum but can anybody explain to me why the big differance in what is supposed to be a standard motor like the BWA nc1, i know there is always a minor differance but some of that is a lot more than minor. in fact 1,000 and more RPM.

#19 ZeGas

ZeGas

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 30 March 2018 - 10:26 AM

Short of a rewind I'm not sure PG, I have 20 of these motors, all run in, cleaned and lubed and I have never had one over 14k, the closest is 13.8k.
The motor I have in my car tested at 13.6k with a wheel RPM of 5100.
Alexis's tests rates my motor a bit lower 13260 but the wheel RPM is spot on my testing.

How does a BWANC1 rate at 16k?
Cheers Grant
Posted Image.......................................................Posted Image
Home Track..........Corvette C1 Build..........McLaren M1A Build..........Maserati 300S Build..........Allard J2 Build..........50's Diner..........Iso Griffo A3C

3D Printed Adjustable Chassis ($15+pp)

If life gives you lemons, take them, free s#!t is cool.

Instagram:.....__ZeGas__

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users