1 reply to this topic

#1 shadow_rusty

"Team ABC" Team Leader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,268 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 12:25 PM

Hi all,

Given that it's been about 2.5 years since the last one (2015 4 Hour Enduro), I feel that it's way past time to re-run this event...

I'm hoping to run it in May, but there is currently not a fixed date set for this event.
(Suggestions of suitable / not suitable dates are appreciated)

Once again, this enduro it is to raise funds for the charity of Dave's (Creator of Race Coordinator) choice.
Race Coordinator Charity Website

Whilst I appreciate that it's an American foundation, the cures and treatments they discover are used in children's hospitals worldwide.
Also, Dave has produced, and is supporting an excellent piece of software that most of us are using on a regular basis. ALL 'donations' for his software are forwarded on to children's charities.
Additional donations on the day will also be very much accepted, and forwarded on...

Further details will be going up both here, and on the Way2Fast Facebook Page soon, and team registrations will gladly be accepted on either...

Thanks
Michael
Posted Image
Stolen from SlotsNZ

Team ABC Team Leader
(Ambitious, But Crap)

ps. I don't cross the line, I just blur it and move to the new edge...'

Home Track Threads - Shadow's Semi-Permanent Layout & Another Rug Racer & Proud of It & Gymkhana Test Track
Car Collection Thread - My Car Collection
Charts / Diagrams - MJK Tyre Selector
/ Slot.it 4wd Gearing / PoliCar Rollout / Rollout Chart Generator / SCX 4wd Rollout / Track Wiring with Brake on Track Call

#2 shadow_rusty

"Team ABC" Team Leader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,268 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 12:48 PM

2018 Rules
(Subject to minor changes, but should be correct)

Date/Time:
Date: To Be Confirmed, but likely to be May 2018.
Event to start at 12:30pm.
Track to open for practice at ~12pm.
Expected finish of 18:30pm.

Entry Fee:
$60 entry fee per team, irrespective of number of drivers.
Spectating is FREE.
Buying drinks / snacks if provided is encouraged.
Additional donations are encouraged.

Race Format:
A maximum of 8 teams with at least 3 drivers are to compete in a 4 hour fuel race consisting of 8x 30 minute heats.
All teams will run in each lane, and are to change drivers at least twice per heat under power.
Driver change is encouraged to occur whilst pitting, and driving is to be shared equally amongst all team members.
Race will run on a pre-programed schedule and will only be paused if there is a major incident.

Car Eligibility:
Eligible to any "4th Generation Group 5 - 'Special Production Cars' (1976 to 1982)".
Also eligible is any, similar era, "Silhouette style" car in the same spirit as as the above. (i.e. JSPC / ISMA GTX / DTM).

Note: Group 4 cars like the Fly BMW M1 are not eligible.

Body / Interior / Chassis:
Cars to be run must be plastic RTR type cars, and the Chassis / Body must be as provided by the manufacturer.
Bodies may not be modified, but need not include wipers / mirrors / Antennae.
Wings should be fitted at the start of each bracket, but are not forced to be re-fitted during a heat.
Interiors are to be as supplied by the manufacturer, but where they are a full tray, they may be lightly shaved on the base to assist with body float.
Chassis / Pod may be braced to reduce flex.
Chassis may be trimmed ~1mm each side to assist with body float.
Guides and body screws are open.

Note: Light weight interiors are not permitted, and the chassis may not be braced with ferrous metal (i.e. Steel / Iron / etc.)

Motors:
All motors are to be un-modified standard slot car motors with their appropriate label still fitted.
Factory Podded cars (i.e. Sideways / ScaleAuto) are limited to 20k FC-130 (i.e. NSR Shark 20 / ScaleAuto SC-08B) or 20k Flat-6 (Slot.it Yellow Flat-6) motors.
Un-podded cars (i.e. Carrera / Fly / Revell) are limited to a max of 23k FC-130 (i.e. 18k Scaley / NSR Shark 22 / Slot.it Orange 23k) short can motors only.
Motor wire is open.

Note: Carrera, SCX, Fly 'Classic' style 'pods' are considered to be unpodded.
Note2: Ball raced motors (i.e. ScaleAuto "Blue") are not legal.

Gearing / Bushing / Axles / Pods:
Pods are open, and may be exchanged for another type (i.e. Angle winder for Side winder).
Podded cars are limited to Angle-Winder with 11:28 gearing, or Side-Winder with 11:36, 12:36 or 11:32 gearing.
Un-podded cars have open gearing.
Axles / Bushings are open for all cars, but all axles are to be solid, and bushings are to be either plastic or bronze.

Magnets / Weight:
Magnets are not permitted.
Weight is open, but should be located inside the body and firmly fixed in place.

Note: Any weights under the chassis will need to be approved by the track owner and race director.
This is not encouraged, and will not be approved if the clearance is less than 1.5mm to the track or there is significant space inside the car for weight.

Tyres / Wheels:
Tyres are limited to MJK only, and should be similar to the original dimensions of the tyre provided with the car when new.
Alloy wheels are allowed, but once again, they should be similar to the original dimensions of the original wheel provided with the car when new, and must contain an appropriate insert.

Note: Suggested Sideways/ScaleAuto Tyres are Proslot 21 / Slot.it 20x10, and suggested Fly tyres are Fly Capri.

Special Notes:
Cars are allowed to be swapped out at any stage, but all cars are to be used by the team should be scrutineer'd prior to the start of the race.
Posted Image
Stolen from SlotsNZ

Team ABC Team Leader
(Ambitious, But Crap)

ps. I don't cross the line, I just blur it and move to the new edge...'

Home Track Threads - Shadow's Semi-Permanent Layout & Another Rug Racer & Proud of It & Gymkhana Test Track
Car Collection Thread - My Car Collection
Charts / Diagrams - MJK Tyre Selector
/ Slot.it 4wd Gearing / PoliCar Rollout / Rollout Chart Generator / SCX 4wd Rollout / Track Wiring with Brake on Track Call

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users