Sign in to follow this  
ProDriveRacer

New To Scalextric Digital

Hi all

I've recently set up a digital track in my garage. I'm keen to incorporate a RMS. I'm leaning towards the SSDC software. Can anyone assist me with what the Pit Pro is? The actual pit unit looks like my pit lane game unit. I've searched on the scalextric website and can't find any reference to Pit Pro.

Cheers

Here are a couple of photos of my current set-up. I will extend the inside section with two 700mm straights to fill out the table better. I'm looking to add a pit lane as well.

https://1drv.ms/i/s!AjRIveW39O7LgTkaDsAQTHomS7Hp

https://1drv.ms/i/s!AjRIveW39O7LgTsMrCoFOWKynpRn

Firstly, welcome, welcome.

The Pit pro was done by a few talented guys in Europe...

It's a modified pit lane that can be connected to the pc and allows the rms to detect pit entry and exit.

This the allows the pit experience to be more controlled.

Oh, and unfortunately, the 4 car power base is unable to connect to a pc.

I highly recommend upgrading to the advanced power base, which not only can be, but is just leaps and bounds ahead of its little brother.

Edited by shadow_rusty

Thanks for the welcome.

Is there a kit or something to modify the pit lane unit?

Re: 4 car PB. I’m currently trying to decide whether I purchase the Digital Advanced 6 Car Powerbase C7042 that will connect to the current RMS’s or purchased the ARC PRO and wait for the RMS’s to catch up. From what I’ve read the ARC PRO does have fuel, tyres, etc, but it is set on the amount of laps, rather then actual simulation. Is anyone working on a RMS for the ARC PRO?

I went through all of this before the ARC Pro was released.. I spent a BUCKET on my set up.

I ended up going with the Smart Sensor, it's a much more professional feeling pit lane system then the modded Scalextric version.

At this stage, you will be hard pressed to find a new Advanced 6 car PB new - and the second hand market is driving the price up for those of us that use it for RMS.

I have never used ARC Pro, but knowing previous Scalextric software, it's going to be clunky and no way near as involved as the after market stuff.

He'll be Komm'in 'round the corner when he comes...

AuSlot_zpsi7z6mmju.jpg

Also, there is no com port on the Arc Pro, so PC connectivity is definitely not a guarantee...

That said, as the Slot.it oxygen wireless controllers are compatible with it, I'm hoping that you could pair the oxygen usb dongle to it too.

I managed to locate a new 6 car PB from a local slot shop for a very reasonable price. I’ll hold off on the modified pit lane set-up and just run the pit lane game for a while. It’ll give me time to figure out my options. Thanks for the replies guys

Good to see you managed to get one for a reasonable price.

Pity they aren't more readily available and affordable.

Lucky enough to purchase mine some years ago from the UK for a great price.

I have the Pit-Pro and SSDC software but must say that I rarely use them.

Most of the time I'll just turn the power on and cut a few laps with my car of choice in either Digital mode or Analogue mode.

If you are going to have people around racing all the time I'd say it's all well worth it, great gimmick too.

cheers

Matt