Aldi 3D Printer

Yngwie

I think one of dangermouse's friends bought one last year maybe send him a PM, haven't heard if they are any good though.

I'd watch out for touchscreen though as I have had those fail on other cheap products such as normal paper printers and can be more expensive to replace than buying a whole new machine.

I try to go for mechanical buttons as often as possible, at least they are generally repairable.

Also check nozzle size and replaceable parts.

Nozzle will probably be 0.4mm you will want to get a 0.2mm make sure they are generic so you can get them easily from China.

Nozzles, filament draw (the bit above the nozzle that guides the filament through) and thermister will fail at times so they want to be generic as well.

The nozzle or nozzle draw tube can block if going from ABS to PLA, Thermister wires are so fine that repetitive bending will eventually break them.

I keep plenty of those three items only a few $ for 10 of them not expensive.

If you are interested in trying out 3D printing try an Anet A8 clone from China

https://www.gearbest.com/3d-printers-3d-printer-kits/pp_337314.html

half the price of the Aldi unit. They are a basic unit with a heated bed (for ABS) albeit the bed only gets up to 95 degrees but you can easily upgrade if needed

If you don't mind putting it together yourself and tweaking and fiddling, they are great. I actually found it beneficial to build it cause if something goes wrong you have a better idea of what it is and know how to fix it.

Sorry if it a bit of a ramble, 3D printing is a bit of a passion, at least until I can afford a liquid printer.

• Upvote 1