Thunderbirds Are Go

Wobble

A few AMT 1/32 Snapfast Nascar kits arrived in the post so I made a start on a Thunderbird. Tamiya TS50 looks better on the model than in the photo. The wheelbase and axle width are spot on for a Scaley Impala COT chassis. These AMT kits come with water slide decals ready to go whereas the Monogram equivalent have peel and stick decals. It should look a bit like this when done -

DSCF5690.jpg

bram1_zpsfkhrhndv.jpg

Very nice start there Bram...

Excellent work.

2019 NZ RTR Nationals Gt 3rd

2017 NZ RTR Nationals NSR Classic 2nd

2017 NZ RTR Nationals Group C 3rd

2017 NSR Classic Challenge 3rd

2015 NSR Classic Challenge 2nd

2014 NSR Classic Challenge 3rd

2015 Garden City Invitation Overall Champion

Cheers guys. Dave I did a couple of Monogram kits but they ended up on Trademe as they looked a bit toy like with the peel and stick decals because they were quite thick.

Shed loads of decals with this kit and I left some out which is just as well for the amount of time it took.

DSCF5691.jpg

bram1_zpsfkhrhndv.jpg

• 10 months later...

Finally got this done and dusted and it's hit the track hard and fast. Now gotta put a slower motor in it 'cos it runs in an 18k Nascar class and laps everything and that's with a regular black stripe motor in it. I think the problem is my light weight interior as it only weighs 71gm all up. The Slotwings Ferrari BB motor seems a bit lamer so I'll try one of those.

DSCF5838.jpg

bram1_zpsfkhrhndv.jpg