Need Help

JEZ

hi, i have three children, that need constant entertaining as evey parent knows. im looking for a 4 lane slot track to have set up in the garge. i have an area of about 2.1m wide x 4.0m long. iwas looking at a ninco track, but the local hobby shop advised me about carrera tracks, as they have some stainless steel particles built into there tracks,reducing surface rust. i was hoping someone could help me in finding a track design and the best suitable track for this project. thank you

hi, difinty, thanks for getting back to me. I'm not sure if I would like a wood track as I might need to dismantle it in the future. I know there is other web sites out there that show track designs, its just a bit hard to understand all the jargon that they talk. I'm located in the Newcastle area,nsw.

I started with Ninco track, but went to scalextric, as it was the easiest to get at the time and the surface is closer to the routed track that my club runs on.

Ninco track is good, but I advise against it as the company does not seem interest in producing slot car products anymore (They have dropped their digital system a while ago).

Carrera and Scalextric appear to be committed to the slot car market.

What ever track system decide you use, go to Jaycar and get a bottle of INOX, spray a little on the guides for cleaning the braids and then run on the track spread the INOX around the track. Done regularly it will help keep the rust away (Unless you live near the beach).

A wood track may still work out cheaper by the time you work out the cost of the table, track, and track borders. They can be made to be transportable.

Phillip.

If you put copper tape on the rails it reduces the need to rustproof the track and tape is very cheap. It also helps with electrical connectivity.

For track designs have a look at some of the latest ones built by Andrew.

Members Home Tracks - ACT - A few tracks I have built recently.

They are routed but you can copy the design as they have been done to make marshalling and driving for the kids easy whilst still having a challenging track that you won't get tired of.

Cheers

Paul

Edited by Sports Racer

May the downforce be with you.

cheers fellas for the advice. who and how do I get in touch with Andrew? and see his tracks?

http://www.auslot.co...y/page__st__160

This is the one I recommend for you to copy.

b_205730.jpg

Go 1/32, much cheaper and lots more options. There's very few plastic tracks in 1/24 but everyone makes 1/32 tracks.

Edited by Sports Racer

May the downforce be with you.

Some of the design features of the MrTrax modular tack system ...

1. All track sections are interchangeable and stows away in seconds.

2. Built on very stable steel folding legs, or without.

3. All track sections have a combination of painted green infields, sand traps, ripple strips, track borders and indestructible engraved poly carbonate fencing.

4. There is also a track section that has lane compensation. So no matter what layout you create (Except with the flyover), both lanes are always the same distance.

5. Built with magna braid, so ALL slot cars with or w/out magnets work well.

6. The lanes are pitched at 100mm so you can run 1:32 and 1:24 scale cars.

7. No need for tools or fasteners to assemble the 2 Lane system. It just toggle clamps together in seconds.

8. The tracks walls are 50mm tall to help stop those cars flying off!

9. MrTrax can custom build sections to meet your requirements. POA

10. MrTrax have just added a “re-locatable” controller panel which can be positioned at any track join.

11. What sets MrTrax systems apart from anyone else, is that you can add track sections at anytime.

25399173_1998539657056213_9197373323568481680_n.png?oh=d8c3e8cd140d53413f706b06eaa8d980&oe=5AF5BBE1

Try this video link of a time lapse video showing the versatility of the MrTrax system.

Mr Trax is about to embark on a 3 lane system soon.

• Upvote 2

Cheers, Peter VH

Mr Slotcar website       MrSlotcar NEW Facebook Page       MrTrax modular track systems      MrTrax Facebook page

Owner of Australia's fastest ever lap time on a Blue King track @ 1.4838 secs. And the fastest pass ever on a 1/4 mile Drag strip @ 203.2 kmh

Designer and manufacturer of quality domestic and commercial Tracks.

Both Logos.jpg