Wrp 2018, Going Forward ?

gazza

"To send the 1 car back to Alexis in Greece cost $65 AU, that was the most expensive one"

Would have been cheaper to buy the car!!!

2019 NZ RTR Nationals Gt 3rd

2017 NZ RTR Nationals NSR Classic 2nd

2017 NZ RTR Nationals Group C 3rd

2017 NSR Classic Challenge 3rd

2015 NSR Classic Challenge 2nd

2014 NSR Classic Challenge 3rd

2015 Garden City Invitation Overall Champion

I'm also happy to contribute to a "warchest" fund to keep the WRP afloat.

A few years ago, some entrants did pay extra to help with finances.

Was the global shipping around 100 GB Pounds each trip? What did the return to entrants cost (on average)?

Leo

I'll add to a PM Leo later when I get home.

It varies year by year depending what % is local and OS.

Mel

I can't believe that I wanted to grow up

Mount Salt Panorama Track Combined Road and Rally Track built near Salt Pan Creek Padstow - Sydney

A quick build rally track

2017 WRP Round 11 at Mt Salt Panorama

https://i128.photobu...zpss7sqiwfj.jpg

Good ideas going on here, keep it up! I want to see WRP survive.

Someone needs to cost it all out - lots of options. Who has cheapest costs to other destinations etc etc. Do we run rounds in Aus, Greece and UK or just Greece and UK only (Keep your tail on Dave, I'm being liberal with definitions there, IoM implied in all cases, even though it is not part of the UK).

I can get the box shipped as a favour from my shipping Dept to anywhere in the world, but they'd blow a fuse at individual packets, for example. Where is the cheapest destination from each location? Is it cheaper for the box to go Aus to UK or Greece? etc etc etc. Got to love a good spreadsheet session ;o)

wosautos12.gif

Right here we go it will come down to what sort of interest we have first , so that in my opinion is stage one , stage two deciding on what format we want this to be roughly the status quo ( as it is now ) or due to the costs run it similar to the OZ and include any take up from NZ, and people like me would send a car down under to run in the series there.

Postal costs it cost me to send one car in a small packing box £12-£14 that is with nothing else like insurance, just the basic postage, which is no problem, the problem comes sending 20 plus cars around the places , now assuming the hosts stay roughly the same in what order would we like to do this ?, so let's say Australia, New Zealand , Greece, then to Scotland, England, Wales, IOM and back to NZ and finish up in Australia, first thought could we run more rounds in each destination while the cars are there, second thought is back to postage , as I've said above costs well lets round it up to £15 for me to send the car to Australia, so i suppose it would cost £15 to send it back to me at the end of the series from Australia which would make £30 just to enter a car from here obviously less or more depending where we all live, i think this is the starting point here , now comes the tricky bit how much will it cost to send this box of 20 plus cars to and from these destinations, perhaps Gary and Mel could help us here with their knowledge of actually doing it.

This is only a rough idea of my thinking, personally don't think it fair for the organisers to have to pick up any slack cost wise, so i am quite prepared as i have said previously to put my hand in the wife's purse and pay for my hobby , and to use my booze fund which is fine as i can no longer drink anyway after my heart attack due to the blood thinners, so now lads and lassies in my opinion time to put up if you want the WRP to continue , just one other thing if you love the rally cars and the fun that sort of proxy brings there really is nothing else out there as good and friendly as the WRP.

Lets do some what if calc based on 20 cars:

if the cars start from Greece and go to Australia its 44 euros and if the final round is in Greece again it costs 130 (20 X6.50) euros to return the cars to owners,total 174 euros~160 pounds/20 its 8 pounds /car.Lets add up Australia to NZ ,NZ to UK cost ,intra Australia ,NZ and UK postage cost then UK to Greece cost,we can use last years numbers and see where we are heading.

Then we can compare to alternative routes and find the best, financially, way

gallery_2645_1402_6823.jpg

I like the idea of there being more rounds in a country. How about each year the WRP alternates between hemispheres?

2019 NZ RTR Nationals Gt 3rd

2017 NZ RTR Nationals NSR Classic 2nd

2017 NZ RTR Nationals Group C 3rd

2017 NSR Classic Challenge 3rd

2015 NSR Classic Challenge 2nd

2014 NSR Classic Challenge 3rd

2015 Garden City Invitation Overall Champion

20 entrants = $900aus

From what I’ve sent around the world I think it’s possible.....

Last year there was 12rnds

1st rnd @ casual so let’s say $100 to send 20cars

2nd rnd @ Scotland so let’s say $100 to send

3rd rnd @ wales onto wales does it cost to send ?

4th rnd @ wales so let’s say $100 to send

5th rnd @ IOM

6th rnd @ IOM

7th rnd @ IOM

8th rnd @ IOM NOW NO POSTAGE FOR THESE ROUNDS...So to send to Greece say $100

9th rnd @ Greece no postage

10th rnd @ Greece then say $100 to send what all cars but Greece’s cars so that leaves $400

To return the cars and buy trophies that cost say & $50 for trophies so I believe there is still $350 left over if I’m wrong please correct .....

Edited by GAS41T

Bit hit and miss there Rossco. Sound like a Labour Treasurer.

I'm not about to tell the world what it costs to run a proxy, but we did finish well in the positive last year but not if we carry on the last few years debts

Who ever ends up running 2018 proxy, I may be willing to pass on the financial spreadsheet

Mount Salt Panorama Track Combined Road and Rally Track built near Salt Pan Creek Padstow - Sydney

Don't think we can do any financial workouts until we find out who is interested in actually putting a car up for the WRP , then perhaps we can cost it a bit better , is there enough interest lads first of all to actually carry it on , lot's of names missing so far on here who were regulars to the WRP , perhaps a interest thread might be an idea , Alexis mention of 20 was in my thoughts as well, but so far ain't 20 different people who have added their thoughts to this .

Been thinking of Phil's comments about dropping the raid's in the OZ and adding the WRP cars instead might be the only way the WRP cars would get a run at the end of all this.

Having this event based in Europe many of the entrants may decide not to enter.

14 of last years entrants are from Aus and NZ that only leaves 5 from from Europe.

Yet most of the costs are for the rounds in Europe.

IMO those numbers indicate there should be more Aussie/ NZ rounds.

Having this event based in Europe many of the entrants may decide not to enter.

14 of last years entrants are from Aus and NZ that only leaves 5 from from Europe.

Yet most of the costs are for the rounds in Europe.

IMO those numbers indicate there should be more Aussie/ NZ rounds.

Certainly needs some thought and discussion Phil

Don't think we can do any financial workouts until we find out who is interested in actually putting a car up for the WRP , then perhaps we can cost it a bit better , is there enough interest lads first of all to actually carry it on , lot's of names missing so far on here who were regulars to the WRP , perhaps a interest thread might be an idea , Alexis mention of 20 was in my thoughts as well, but so far ain't 20 different people who have added their thoughts to this .

Been thinking of Phil's comments about dropping the raid's in the OZ and adding the WRP cars instead might be the only way the WRP cars would get a run at the end of all this.

So true PG.Food for thought and action.

Hello Phil

The OZ Rally Proxy is all based in Australia, kind of like the Australian Rally Championship. The WRP is more like the World Rally Championship which stages events in several countries. The likeness to WRC appeals to me, as I follow that sport closely whereas I don't tend to follow the British Rally Championship much.

WRP continues to be my preferred choice.

Leo

Like_1.gifLike Scuderia Turini on Facebook Please Vote Up my postings - green arrow at top right :- )