031000.png

Bov and Peter Gunn your cars have tyres coming off the rims

I will look at that before the race and get them sorted

racing on Thursday night good luck to all

Holdens rule the rest just drool

slot cars are my drug,

ATCC/Bathurst proxy host

NZ Grp5 proxy host.

Thanks for getting the Qualifying done.. Celina is pretty happy with her result.. Good luck to all for the running of the race.. looks like a pretty close bunch of cars

Celina's car is most certainly quick

slot cars are my drug,

ATCC/Bathurst proxy host

NZ Grp5 proxy host.

:blink: In the thread on Round 3 I wrote "Seems like my car is the king of the erratic bunch! ". From that point on my car has gone all out to prove this statement. Never mind "prove": it seems hell bent on raising the bar in the "erraticity stakes"! OK, so I made up that word and the phrase, but it seems appropriate for my car's behaviour. Talk about all over the show!

And the cars are certainly incredibly close, particularly in the region where my car is at present. Looks like the race could be very exciting with the potential for my car to again shine in terms of changing its position.

But I am incredibly grateful for the stunning Q (by my own and this car's standards!): thanks AWFULLY gentlemen! Maybe I should withdraw from the rest of the series like RIGHT NOW and go out on a high! :rolleyes:

From a surprised and very happy Alwyn

Surprised to hear about the tires (although on reflection, probably not really....) - thanks for attending to that....

But - is the guide working ok? Not bottoming out, staying in the slot etc. ?

Looking forward to evaluating all this, when the cast of the fast (+ my entry...) get to Rossko's place in due course.....

Cheers,

Tony.

There's only two questions:

1. What direction do you go

2. What's the Lap Record?

This year seems like i have entered a couple of dogs by the feed back over the series, always glue and true so not sure about the BMW, Capri gears i know are chunky mainly due to that motor and it,s magnets, seems i,m going backwards this year as against last year , at least the pain will soon be over chuckle .

This year seems like i have entered a couple of dogs by the feed back over the series, always glue and true so not sure about the BMW, Capri gears i know are chunky mainly due to that motor and it,s magnets, seems i,m going backwards this year as against last year , at least the pain will soon be over chuckle .

the BMW tyre on one side had a small part on the out side that was coming away

just enough to effect the the ride by giving a little bit of a bounce

slot cars are my drug,

ATCC/Bathurst proxy host

NZ Grp5 proxy host.

Dunno about the magnet theory PG as it seemed all well and good when I drove it in round 2. Maybe Dave could check it out and repair if necessary even if the cost is a few penalty points. Others have had small repairs done in other proxies I've been in.

bram1_zpsfkhrhndv.jpg

well the race is run and won

043350.png

congrats to the top 3

and well done to to all

thanks to Mac { red lane },Munter { yellow lane },Pat {blue lane and myself { white lane } for trigger duties

JK and Pedro for race contol

JK Pedro and Brendon on marshaling

Edited by David Carter

slot cars are my drug,

ATCC/Bathurst proxy host

NZ Grp5 proxy host.

Dunno about the magnet theory PG as it seemed all well and good when I drove it in round 2. Maybe Dave could check it out and repair if necessary even if the cost is a few penalty points. Others have had small repairs done in other proxies I've been in.

the capri feels clunky when rolling the wheels by hand but as you say it is just the motors magnets

I felt that motor might be a little to grunty for the car making it a little harder to drive if it was not for that it would be a really good car

the M1 went smoother than in qualifying after a drop of glue in that one spot on the tyre but felt a bit under powered

Edited by David Carter

slot cars are my drug,

ATCC/Bathurst proxy host

NZ Grp5 proxy host.

Drivers were Dave / Crockett on white, Munter on yellow, I was on red and Pat / Capri-corn on blue. Jk and Pedro ran things with Brendan helping out with marshalling duties.

Munter and I broke proxy protocol a few times by racing each other hard out but hey, some cars were so sweet we couldn't help ourselves. Congrats to the podiumites and thanks for the chance to run your cars. My car of the night was Orakei's BMW.

Podiums are for short people.

Thanks for the run boys,

initially I was a bit disappointed with my cars results, but now I'm thinking this is one tough proxy!

So finishing mid pack is okay, well run proxy, good to see the races run close together and good reporting,

Thanks again

Terry

Really enjoyed the drive last night. Some great cars in there. For me Gas's M3 & Superslab's M1 were my picks.

Speaking of my pics B) here's a few that caught my eye - or parked nearby ...

race control

0upx2FDl.jpg

& some cars

UIHUE5cl.jpg

zAfplgSl.jpg

i2T2Irdl.jpg

JRPwHTxl.jpg

z6gBnYEl.jpg

qBuVu5bl.jpg

& Pedro's lovely scratchbuilt Maserati performed some demonstration laps...

it1JZ7Fl.jpg

They are only toys .... until you pull the trigger.

Thanks to all involved in putting on the round - congrats to the Podiumites !

Pleased to see my car improve from qualifying (well it couldn't get any worse...) - but quite taken by the improvement in lap time over Q......

Be interested to receive any evaluation of what I've gotten wrong in setup and preparation - what to do better next time....

Thanks!

Cheers,

Tony.

There's only two questions:

1. What direction do you go

2. What's the Lap Record?

what happened to my Porsche on yellow?
...from memory (which is not that reliable) I had trouble with the bounce/liveliness of the car. It was fast but stability and handling in corners caught me out a couple of times.

John Warren

Slotcars are my preferred reality