tim_pato

Good Morning. Carrera Digital 1:32 Newby.

good morning. My first decent slot car set was regifted to us from my sister, A carrera digital 1:32 set, 'race duel'. 6.9 meters of track and 2 f1 cars. we played with it for a while but didn't really have the space for it and when our second bub came along it was boxed and forgotten about. Wanting something i could do with my 7 year old i decided to clear a space in the shed and make a table. after having fun for a while the relatively short track became boring, and a bit of a tease with the speed these things go and the amount of accessories available. we don't have a lot of spare cash so a brand new set was not an option so after many weeks spending hours every day trauling classifieds in my spare time, gumtree, ebay, facebook and forum classifieds i finally got hold of a second hand set, 'gt heroes' for $300 posted. very happy now just waiting for it to arrive in the mail. now I'll have 16meters total of track, 6 cars (i bought a 3rd f1 car when the decoder chip died before i learnt you can easily replace the chip) and 5 hand controllers! i orderd a 2/30° banked curve and some power extension cables aswell. i played around on softyroyal.de and designed a track and i can't wait to have a crack at it! I'm in Tamworth nsw. I'll post some pics of the track once it's complete. Screenshot_20171008-000857_zpsotm9k0wy.png

Edited by tim_pato

threw it together this evening, waiting on the banked curve set and still heaps of work to do, make bridges, all the barriers around the corners, put all the locking clips in and make a soft barrier around the table edge to stop the cars flying off. table is a bit of a throw together but it literally cost me nothing, all bits of left over building materials that where getting thrown out at work, even the nails and screws. whole setup only owes me $400, very stoked lol.20171011_202458_zpsknxikgde.jpg20171011_202538_zpswje3hznp.jpg20171011_204841_zpsl9ys5ehk.jpg

Edited by tim_pato

Looks like someones having fun.

Cheers Grant

20191120172309-193d8f3b.gif.......................................................20170306174707-b4015afe.gif

Home Track..........Corvette C1 Build..........McLaren M1A Build..........Maserati 300S Build..........Allard J2 Build..........50's Diner..........Iso Griffo A3C

3D Printed Adjustable Chassis..........3D Print Projects