boslot

Exclusive Scoop

Here they are the first pics from scalextric, I will take one of each thanks.

richardsvycommodreroof.jpg

richardsvycommodreside.jpg

pirteckbafordroof.jpg

pirteckbafordside.jpg

ingallbafordtopside.jpg

ingallbafordside.jpg

lowndesbafordroof.jpg

lowndesbafordside.jpg

Many thanks to jim berry from Armchair Racer

regards bo :D

Bo

They look great :D , any idea when they will be released or if there are any more (don't believe i'm going to ask this ;) ) Commodores (for a Holden friend)?

Was B)

:D It's a pity they can't SEE their way CLEAR to put proper interior and WINDOWS B)

CHEERS

GARRY

HOKEY POKEY ANONYMOUS ....... A PLACE WHERE YOU CAN TURN YOURSELF AROUND

The new V8 Cars should be available August/September 2004.

The cars will not be available in SPORT issue.

The reason for not doing the full interior is to keep the cost down.

As the Australian V8's are commissioned by the Australian Scalextric importer to Hornby Hobbies (SCALEXTRIC), their minium production run is 1200 units. This is classified by Hornby Hobbies as a limited production run hence there is a substantial loading on production cost. To keep the cost down to a one part body was the only way to keep a so called limited production car cost at the normal production 5000 to 15000 unit cost.

Regards

Jim Berry

How much will they cost? B)

By the look of this forum, thanks to Scalex World, we are all broke at the moment. :D

"I spent most of my money on beer, women and slot cars. The rest I just wasted."

I imagine they will be priced as per the AU and VX models they produced previously from what Jim has said.

although the Ingall car looks to sit quite high up

So Russell can go offroad and really chase Skaife.

There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't

I just GOTTA have the Lowndes car, and the Ingall car. I wonder why only one Commode though?

As for numbers, I'd be curious to know how many of the AU/VT V8's actually got sold? Judging by eBay, they initially sold pretty well and I know the local shops here sold out of original stocks pretty quick.

If it was more than 1500, maybe a full interior job with glass would sell well. Even better, marketing them world-wide as available on-line through Scalex World and Armchair Racer might help boost the sales.

The lack of detail seemed to be a bit of a sticking point with some on overseas forums.

Personally, I'd love a full interior but it isn't the main reason for buying them.

Cheers

Steve

PS wouldn't it be trick if Scaley Oz released a 4 car 4 lane V8 Supercars set and AVESCO helped to market it?

cheers!

Steve

TBDR.jpg

I just GOTTA have the Lowndes car, and the Ingall car. I wonder why only one Commode though?

As for numbers, I'd be curious to know how many of the AU/VT V8's actually got sold? Judging by eBay, they initially sold pretty well and I know the local shops here sold out of original stocks pretty quick.

If it was more than 1500, maybe a full interior job with glass would sell well. Even better, marketing them world-wide as available on-line through Scalex World and Armchair Racer might help boost the sales.

The lack of detail seemed to be a bit of a sticking point with some on overseas forums.

Personally, I'd love a full interior but it isn't the main reason for buying them.

Cheers

Steve

PS wouldn't it be trick if Scaley Oz released a 4 car 4 lane V8 Supercars set and AVESCO helped to market it?

From memory I think this is how the scalextric nascars started out too. They had no interior also so maybe a year or two away with some overseas races we may finally get our wish. From what Jim says they need to be able to sell a lot more than the 1500 run of the AU VX cars to make it worth doing at a reasonable price.

I guess this is where we come in. If we or any other Aussie sites can bring on more overseas interest in our motor racing we stand a better chance of getting what we want.

I like your idea of the four lane set with AVESCO marketing.

I was excited to hear that they had produced some new V8 Supercars but am disapointed with them as they have not made the cars sit low and wide like 1:1 V8s. These look too much like production cars with a spolier and a wing.

Find me at Card Guys for custom trading cards

G'day Guys,

Whats the bet that they'll be available in the US shortly after they come out here????

I've got a ten dollar scratchie to say they will....

The biggest problem I've had since getting back into these things is every time you think the threatened cutting off of pocket money by her indoors is going to be no trouble 'cause you've got all you want for the moment something like this comes up!

I'm sure I'll need one I can repaint & stuff into a wall with a Skaifey figure to run down! :D

Very very keen on getting the Castrol car..

Captain's log: We are enroute to some planet whose name I cannot pronounce to do something really complicated that I don't understand.

The reaction to Sidecar Steve's post on o/s boards suggests these new teams like Caterpillar could see them sell better in the US, and that's a good thing.

If we could get a Jagermeister A9X and HO PhaseIII, a Gulf XU-1 and Real Madrid Charger in limited ed. boxes with pseudo credit cards, we'd be set.

There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't

:D What about a Marlborough and a Camel A9X ?

Cheers

rally :)

CHEERS

GARRY

HOKEY POKEY ANONYMOUS ....... A PLACE WHERE YOU CAN TURN YOURSELF AROUND

If we could get a Jagermeister A9X and HO PhaseIII, a Gulf XU-1 and Real Madrid Charger in limited ed. boxes with pseudo credit cards, we'd be set.

Shouldn't that be a Napoli or Roma Charger? :D

Seriously though, there's something to be said for liveries with international appeal. Collectors go for stuff like CAT (caps, boots, badges, model earthmoving equipment, diecast cars) so there is a market there.

How about a Coke/Donut King Wayne Gardner Commodore to stuff into the fence after taking out half the field?

Cheers

Steve

cheers!

Steve

TBDR.jpg

Whoa, very impressive. I rikey very much.

Think I'll have to get myself the Caterpiller AND the Pirtek BA Falcons. Not a fan of the Commodores myself, maybe if they release it in the HRT colours! :D

Maybe we'll get an FPV livery one soon. Very nice, that would be! :) :)

-- cyph